Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'LolliLove'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 03-09-06, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of LolliLove at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20095 and...

I thought it was definitely one of the best TROMA movies I've seen. But from a non-Troma fan point of view, it's just a good mockumentary movie, not phenomenal. (Of the other "respectable" Troma comedies, I thought that CANNIBAL THE MUSICAL really sucked and wasn't that funny). LOLLILOVE is funny but certainly not as funny as a CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM or a THE OFFICE episode. Jenna Fisher is a great actress though and she is really funny with her reactions.

I'm assuming that the high DVD review marks from Bill Gibron's review are so high only due to the past poor quality of TROMA DVDS and also due to the simplicity and low budgetness of LOLLILOVE. For a general DVD though, the video/audio quality is good to fair.

The Full Screen video is pretty good - I would give it just 3 stars out of 5. It can easily be zoomed or stretched to fill your HDTV and not get pixilated or image distorted.

The Stereo audio on the other hand isn't that great. Throughout the whole viewing, I had to adjust the volume back and forth when scenes shifted to outside to inside or to indoor parking lot. Of course it's good for a low-budget movie, but it's the type of DVD that you have to fustle with the volume control when watching. I would have given the audio 2.5 out of 5 stars.

The Extras are excellent so that deserves all the stars as possible.

I thought that LOLLILOVE is better than the recent Christopher Guest mockumentaries, but it's not as good as the other recent mockumentary - MAIL ORDER BRIDE. LOLLILOVE is still good though, and Jenna Fisher and hubby are geniuses...I may go see SLITHER and even TROMEO AND JULIET just out of curiousity of Jenna's husband James Gunn...