Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

America's Next Top Model: The Greatest Show In The History of Television

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
America's Next Top Model: The Greatest Show In The History of Television

I don't know why I'm always the one to have to start this thread (haha teh ghey) but the greatest show ever is back: America's Next Top Model, and it looks to be a good season.

Last night's 2 hour episode introduced a pretty wacky batch. They made the right cut in the first real elimination and I already have a clear favorite: Nnenna. Not only because her name has 4 Ns in just 6 letters but because she just seems like a real class act.

And, just so there's no thinking that the show will be all classy, there are plenty of fruit loops too. There's the Korean girl who seems borderline retarded. There's the super-over-hyperconfident New York girl who will piss everyone off. There's the former phone sex operator who demonstrated a series of hilarious "voice characters" like dominatrix and fat woman "Let me move over to my other couch so i can spread my legs"). There's the loudmouth, gap-toothed sassy chick. There's the girl they cast in a mall. There's the preacher's daughter who has tried her hand at stripping.

And then there's the New Orleans girl who last heard from her dad when he was in his car and the water was rising. What the hell?

I only wish that the racist, homophobic girl had taken better pictures so that she could have made it into the house. I'd have loved to see that drama. She was hilarious. She said she hates everything that liberal, specifically "gays, abortions, and muslims." As if a medical procedure has a political opinion and as if "muslims" as a rule are "liberal." Hahaha! Whatta maroon!

I was only dissappointed that they led us on about shaving the girls bald and didn't actually do it. That would have been amazing, especially for the girl that then got booted the next day.

NNenna:

Last edited by Gil Jawetz; 03-09-06 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-09-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Good gracious that girl is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I was such a gorgeous chocolate brown, wow.
Old 03-09-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts
Originally Posted by Gil Jawetz
I was only dissappointed that they led us on about shaving the girls bald and didn't actually do it.
Hey, hey. Take that kind of talk to Otterville.
Old 03-09-06, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would have been picking Kari to be the winner, but she's just a blonde copy of the last winner Nicole.

And I think they're both from South Dakota. What the heck are they putting in the water up there?

Nnenna is so clearly the stand-out in looks and ability.

But even after just one elimination, Nnenna is such a front-runner, that if she does end up winning, the season will be so boring.

I was gonna root for Gina --the Korean chick, but she's such a basketcase that she doesn't stand a chance.

My pick is Leslie. She's certainly beautiful, and her favorite TV show is Seinfeld.
<--ANTM
Old 03-09-06, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
Wow. Nice looking bunch this time around. Of course I'm still UPN-less and have to look forward to the VH1 rerurns
Old 03-09-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, Leslie is one to watch. Gina is a disaster, however. She won't last long I don't think. Mentally she won't be able to handle the insane cult-like pressure of the show. Speaking of which, I read an article a while back where an expert on cults dissected the show and found that it really is identical to the way most cults build up and break down victims in order to indoctrinate them.

Sidenote, I saw Jay Manuel and Miss J hosting Fashion Police's wrap up of the Oscars with Debbie Matenopolis the other day. It was pretty funny but the best part was right at the beginning. Debbie makes some scripted rhyme and the Js crack up. Jay says "You and your lines! Oh Debbie, you're a mess." The way he said it was so fucking funny I had to rewind it and rewatch it three times. It was somehow dismissive and affectionate at the same time. Hilarious.
Old 03-09-06, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw just a little of the show last night (for the first time). The over-confident gal is definitely going to piss people off. Hair pieces will be flying!

I didn't see the racist/homophobe. Man, she is in the WRONG profession
Old 03-09-06, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's what Tyra was trying to tell her. It was hilarious. You should try to catch it on rerun.
Old 03-09-06, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's what Tyra was trying to tell her. It was hilarious. You should try to catch it on rerun.
I'll try to catch it. I've been wanting to rent previous seasons on DVD. I love a good catfight.

What's up with Miss J.? Is he a drag queen?
Old 03-09-06, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At times. He's the catwalk expert. He gives the girls lessons on how to walk etc. And did that one girl really think that he was a woman? These girls are idiots.
Old 03-09-06, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And did that one girl really think that he was a woman? These girls are idiots.
Or very sheltered.
Old 03-09-06, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I liked the bald modelling assignment, definitely reveals a bit more of the contestants strengths and weaknesses for headshots.

Currently, I don't have a favorite, but Joanie did catch my eye (had to laugh when Nnenna got picked and she made her way to the group of finalists and grabbed Joanie's right boob, all that was missing was a honking sound effect, maybe it was by accident...), but I think she's too commercial looking given the rest of the contestants. That one girl (Wendy)without bottom eyelashes was sort of spooky looking. And the diva one (Jade) makes you look forward to when she gets the boot. The Asian one, Gina, was a mess and lacking confidence. Overall, it's sort of an odd-looking group, but I think they look better on video than in their photos on the UPN website.
Old 03-15-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gil: I caught a little of a rerun/recap last night and saw the racist/homophobe. If she is so "conservative", I wonder why she wants to flaunt her stuff in string bikinis? Wouldn't that be a "sin" ?
Old 03-15-06, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's because she's an attention whore, that Dani. It was pretty repugnant for her to claim one thing all the while doing what she was professing not to be. Let's hope she watches herself on last week's episode and wises up (but I'm not holding my breath because people like her tend to be insular, and insulate themselves with "like-minded bigots".
Old 03-15-06, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where is the racist girl from? If she is from a small town, then my wife's theory is that she is doing it to get over the utter boredom of living there. Kind of like the girls getting drunk thing on 20/20 last week. They named off suburban places away from cities as the most likely places where women drink heavily.
Old 03-15-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

She's from Spring, Texas (found her at the Houston auditions).

Last edited by Patman; 03-15-06 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-15-06, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh so close, I so wanted Jade to be shown the door, I'm so tired of her schtick. Nigel's "Jade just needs to get laid" comment was the best line of the episode.
Old 03-16-06, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Im surprised they dumped the New Orleans girl, just because I figured they would want to play up the drama of how she lost everything to Katrina, but now could be a big winner.
Old 03-16-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I think part of it was they wanted to prove just how NOT interested in outside drama they are. But it swung a little too hard the other way. There were a few girls who could have gone instead of her.

Furonda's rules were awesome. This show is amazing.
Old 03-16-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Furonda's rules were awesome. This show is amazing.
And it just seems to get better every season (cycle)

Am I the only one that really dug Sara's new hair cut and color? She went from sort of plain to hot. And for some reason she doen't like the hair.

Jade needs to go. I know they're keeping her around for the drama but I don't think I can take much more from her.
Old 03-16-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

She was sort of being a baby about it but she did perform. I don't know what the big deal was. That was an interesting look and she can rock it if she wants. Molly Sue also got a cool cut. A lot of them sort of looked like not much was done, however.
Old 03-16-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
Am I the only one that really dug Sara's new hair cut and color? She went from sort of plain to hot. And for some reason she doen't like the hair.
I liked it, too. She was talking like it was some outrageous hairdo, but I didn't think it was too far out of the mainstream... plus, it does improve her look, in my opinion.

But I can imagine it can sometimes take time to get used to something new and different.
Old 03-16-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sara appears to be fairly conservative, so that hairdo was a shock to her system, to her total body image, so she was just needing some time to adjust to it.
Old 03-17-06, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They said last week that Sara was an athlete, who was spotted in a mall and approached by the show''s producers, and invited to audition.

I suspect that she has such a tomboy self-image, that the idea of being a sex kitten and glamorous is just something she can't wrap her head around.
Old 03-22-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Best judging challenge ever.

Sara gives me the super hot.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.