Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield - "Smoked" - 3/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Shield - "Smoked" - 3/07

Man, Kavanaugh is screwing up. Bringing Terry's brother to the house to harass Vic?

Good to see Claudette back.

Once again the dumbass rookie screws up. I say it's 50/50 as to if she gets herself killed first or Julien.
Old 03-07-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone notice an odd that Dutch boy gave the captain after he decided to become the rookies new partner, like he either wants to hit that, or possibly kill her. (we've all had theorys that dutch was a psycho)
Old 03-07-06, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think he clearly wants to hit that.

I am starting to think those of you who thought he might snap by the end and kill her are right about it. She's going to use him and not give it up, and I think he's going to go mad.
Old 03-07-06, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the captain staged the whole thing (the photos, and getting hot cop pulled from street duty and pairing her up with "Dutchman").
Old 03-08-06, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
I think the captain staged the whole thing (the photos, and getting hot cop pulled from street duty and pairing her up with "Dutchman").
There is no way that dumb ass could pull that off.

All in all a good solid episode. It didn't go with the unrealism I was afraid of regarding Lem and Anton. It did look like Lem may have been in gen pop but it never actually show him in direct contact with other inmates (which would never happen). It was a bit unrealistic when the deputy only gave them 10 minutes for an attorney visit. An inmate awaiting trial would be given almost unlimited visit time with their attorney.

Next week though... it looks like it may be the best, most intense episode yet.
Old 03-08-06, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
There is no way that dumb ass could pull that off.
I completely agree. I don't think that guy could find his way out of a wet paper bag.

All in all a good solid episode. It didn't go with the unrealism I was afraid of regarding Lem and Anton.
Yeah, that was apparently either the result of shooting false footage, shifting footage from future episodes up for a specific use, or creative editing. I think it was probably creative editing.

It was a bit unrealistic when the deputy only gave them 10 minutes for an attorney visit. An inmate awaiting trial would be given almost unlimited visit time with their attorney.
Was it a solo visit with just the attorney, or was Vic there as well? I'm straining to remember. I could buy a timed visit if Vic was there since it wouldn't be strictly just an attorney visit, but I agree otherwise. Even in that situation, I would imagine they'd make Vic leave after 10 minutes and allow the attorney visit to continue.

Next week though... it looks like it may be the best, most intense episode yet.
I imagine most of the stuff they teased will be in the (half-)season finale and will only start happening in the next episode. That's just my guess, though.
Old 03-08-06, 07:40 AM
Banned

I definitely felt sort of let down after the past few weeks. It was a good solid episode, but it just didn't have that big ending that the past few episodes left me craving for.
Old 03-08-06, 08:02 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Am I crazy or did I see
Spoiler:
Vic screwing Kavanaugh's ex-wife
in the preview for next week?

Last edited by Flay; 03-08-06 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I thought it was great to see Vic finally fighting back with real intensity, his lines to Kavanaugh about the streets being dangerous also and his crazy wife were fantastic, as was his comment to Aceveda about "scorching the earth" in bringing him down with him if he has to, BUT that there was a better way...

I can see Aceveda getting into bed one last time with Vic, as distasteful as it is for him, just to make sure the whole cell-phone pic/having the guy killed thing doesn't get exposed...
Old 03-08-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I HOPE Vic is setting Assinvaded up for a fall with FW, if not he is being really stupid, and Vic is not stupid.

Does this series have to have the morally right ending? I still do not want to see him or his crew off the job, while I want to see FW and Asevada in orange jumpsuits or selling knock off shoes in an alley next to a church. I know Vic killed a cop and that is wrong, but I don't care.
Old 03-08-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was a good episode. They had to let things settle down a bit to let the intensity of these last two upcoming episodes really kick you in the face.
Old 03-08-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusm
Does this series have to have the morally right ending? I still do not want to see him or his crew off the job, while I want to see FW and Asevada in orange jumpsuits or selling knock off shoes in an alley next to a church. I know Vic killed a cop and that is wrong, but I don't care.
Ha. I feel the same way, rooting for the bad guy. But when I reflect on it, it's not that unusual for me ("The Sopranos", Ocean's Eleven). Guess that happens when the bad guys are so charismatic and the good guys are asshats.
Old 03-08-06, 10:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Solid episode. The scenes with Chiklis and Whitaker were well done last night.

I think they have gone over the top abit with making the rookie as incompetent as she is.
Old 03-08-06, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Flay
Am I crazy or did I see
Spoiler:
Vic screwing Kavanaugh's ex-wife
in the preview for next week?
You're not crazy at all. I did a frame-by-frame on the Tivo, and it certainly looked like it.

I think they have gone over the top abit with making the rookie as incompetent as she is.
Honestly, I think they're being pretty consistent. They've shown several times that she just doesn't pay attention. She's contaminated a crime scene in the season premiere (in the bathroom), used excessive force on a suspect, wore her gun into the cage (arguably because she was too focused on her recent baton training after the previous incident), and now wasn't aware of the "color of the day".

I really did think that Dutch was going to do the right thing and not help Billings cover the whole mess up, but it looks like the offer of having Tina work with him was too good for him to pass up. I am curious if Billings was telling the truth about the pictures or if he really was keeping them for more "personal" use.

Hell, I'm even curious who's taking stuff from the vending machines.. that's how good the show is .
Old 03-08-06, 11:09 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
So what do you think? Is Vic walking into the set-up that Cavanaugh had for him by meeting with Aceveda. Or maybe he knows about the set-up? I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that Ronny bugged Cavanaugh's office.

How many episodes left ?

thos.
Old 03-08-06, 11:21 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by Thos19
So what do you think? Is Vic walking into the set-up that Cavanaugh had for him by meeting with Aceveda. Or maybe he knows about the set-up? I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that Ronny bugged Cavanaugh's office.

How many episodes left ?

thos.
2 more until the break. Oddly, they seem to be advertising it as the season finale. But they have 10 more episodes scheduled later in the year. Mostly likely after Thief ends it's first season. But we may not see them until the end of the year.
Old 03-08-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rescue Me should start after Thief ends, and I would think Nip/Tuck would be back after it ends. So the remaining Shield eps might not make it to tv until early 2007.
Old 03-08-06, 03:19 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

After the 'Kavanaugh' episode, which was one of the show's best ever, this episode really toned things down ... but not for long.

These last 2 episodes look killer.
Old 03-08-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Rescue Me should start after Thief ends, and I would think Nip/Tuck would be back after it ends. So the remaining Shield eps might not make it to tv until early 2007.
One of the folks like Kristin or Ausiello confirmed Nip/Tuck will resume in the fall, so I think we are probably looking at January unless Nip/Tuck doesn't start shooting in June as planned.
Old 03-08-06, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
After the 'Kavanaugh' episode, which was one of the show's best ever
Man....wasn't it though! What an awesome episode that was.

As for the return, I had read that it wasn't until the begining of next year.
Old 03-08-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Loved the Aceveda scenes.

Dutch - totally thinking with his dick. He's still got no shot at hittin' that.
Old 03-08-06, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I burst out laughing when Dutchboy said he would keep the hot cop's photos for "evidence".
Old 03-08-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Maybe Dutch is the person the stupid rookie cop will end up getting killed.
No way Vic is falling for Kavanaugh's plan with Acevedo. If anything, he's setting up an end game to finish them both off. Kavanaugh's making a big mistake in getting personal with Vic.
Old 03-09-06, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Solid low-key episode before the s#it hits the storm.

Dutch.
Old 03-09-06, 07:58 AM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
One of the folks like Kristin or Ausiello confirmed Nip/Tuck will resume in the fall, so I think we are probably looking at January unless Nip/Tuck doesn't start shooting in June as planned.
I also heard that The Shield will resume next January.

Loved this week's episode. Well executed scene with the strike team searching for the cash at the doper's house while Claudette is on the way.

The final two episodes look intense!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.