Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Final 16: Girls Edition -- 03/07/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be going home after tonight's performance?
Mandisa
1.18%
Kinnik Sky
88.24%
Ayla Brown
23.53%
Katherine McPhee
4.71%
Melissa McGhee
44.71%
Paris Bennett
8.24%
Lisa Tucker
4.71%
Kellie Pickler
5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Pick the two girls that will go home Thursday night.
Old 03-07-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Kinnik and Melissa are a lock to get the boot.
Kinnik sucks but Melissa isn't terrible.
I just can't see the other 6 girls going before Melissa.
Old 03-07-06, 09:34 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Struz
I think Kinnik and Melissa are a lock to get the boot.
Kinnik sucks but Melissa isn't terrible.
I just can't see the other 6 girls going before Melissa.
I concur.
Old 03-07-06, 10:27 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Predictions/thoughts:

Katherine McPhee - Should be safe this week no matter what.
Kellie Pickler - Should be safe this week no matter what.
Mandisa - Should be safe barring a completely awful performance or a fluke, but I don't see that happening.
Ayla Brown - Should also be safe provided she keeps at the same level (or better) she's been at the past two weeks.
Paris Bennett - Her stock has sort of been dropping as the show goes on. She has a lot of talent but if she gives an unmemorable performance she runs the risk of being forgotten by voters, which is sometimes worse than giving an outright bad performance. She does have a lot of charm and likability, though, and it should carry her through even if the performance doesn't.
Lisa Tucker - Same as Paris, except her situation is a bit worse in that she isn't as overall charming as Paris is. She came off as slightly arrogant/undeserving to some viewers last week with the Lion King stuff. She needs to remind viewers of why she wowed everyone in the beginning.
Melissa McGhee - Is going to need an incredible performance combined with a big misstep by someone else to make it past this round. She's a good singer, but hasn't stuck out from the crowd.
Kinnik Sky - Is gone unless there is a huge upset.
Old 03-07-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I also see Kinnik as a 'favorite' to get the boot. The other choice isn't as clear, but I'll go along with Melissa.
Old 03-07-06, 12:17 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Kinnik is DOOMED. She just doesn't have the fan base to rally her out of the bottom 3 from last week.

I'm not going to vote until after I see the performances, because the other slot is still up in the air. It's probably going to be Melissa McGhee, but she has a chance to "wow" us tonight.

As for the other girls:
  • Kellie Pickler -- has a large fanbase for some reason, she's safe even if she screws up.
  • Mandisa -- I'm sure she'll be just fine.
  • Lisa Tucker and Paris Bennett -- these two will probably make it through, but they're competing for the exact same fan base at this point (remember the "duel divas" situation in season 3?) so there could be a surprise here.
  • Ayla Brown -- has been a strong performer, but I don't sense much of a loyal fanbase.
  • Katherine McPhee -- loved by heterosexual men everywhere (a group that doesn't vote much...which could be her downfall).

Last edited by Groucho; 03-07-06 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-07-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
Predictions/thoughts:

Paris Bennett - Her stock has sort of been dropping as the show goes on. She has a lot of talent but if she gives an unmemorable performance she runs the risk of being forgotten by voters, which is sometimes worse than giving an outright bad performance. She does have a lot of charm and likability, though, and it should carry her through even if the performance doesn't.
Lisa Tucker - Same as Paris, except her situation is a bit worse in that she isn't as overall charming as Paris is. She came off as slightly arrogant/undeserving to some viewers last week with the Lion King stuff. She needs to remind viewers of why she wowed everyone in the beginning.
I agree. Paris' best performance was her audition.
She's been going downhill ever since.

Lisa does come off as arrogant to me. I think she expects to win.
I don't like her singing style. Very loud and she always repeats a line or 2 from every song she sings. Very annoying.
Old 03-07-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, the bottom three should def. include Kinnik, and the other 2 are up for grabs because I think Melissa is gaining popularity every time she sings. I think Heather and Breanna's fans (as few of them as their were,) will probably pick up Melissa. Don't think that will be enough to save her though.

Dont really think it matters, because I think this is the guys to win this year...Def. more charisma and energy from their songs. The girls have to up it tonight, if it is anything like last weeks snoozefest, they are going to be losing fans instead of gaining them.
Old 03-07-06, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree, a guy will win this year.
Probably Chris, Taylor or Elliot.
Old 03-07-06, 02:06 PM

Gross is all I have to say if Elliot wins....I'd like my American Idol to be easy on the eyes; someone I can actually WATCH while they sing...(shallow...I know...but he just doesn't have anything going for him besides his voice, at least in my eyes).

As for tonight....I guess I'll have to see the performances before I decide.....I just pray pray pray Mandisa stays....I'll be voting for her definitely....My two favorites are her and Chris.
Old 03-07-06, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
Gross is all I have to say if Elliot wins....I'd like my American Idol to be easy on the eyes; someone I can actually WATCH while they sing...(shallow...I know...but he just doesn't have anything going for him besides his voice, at least in my eyes).

As for tonight....I guess I'll have to see the performances before I decide.....I just pray pray pray Mandisa stays....I'll be voting for her definitely....My two favorites are her and Chris.
errr?

Now, being large doesn't keep you from being attractive but after last Thursday's results show, I have to question that.
Old 03-07-06, 04:44 PM

No, being large has nothing to do with beauty. To me, Elliots body does nothing for me, just as Mandisa, especially since this is tv. But when I look at Mandisa's face, I think she looks gorgeous; when I see Elliot's face, I see an off centered mouth, bad facial hair, scary eyes, and horrible teeth. When he opens is mouth, I don't know why, but even the inside of his mouth is scary for me to look at. I'm sorry, I just like my idol to be someone I find beauty in.....and I could possibly find it in his personality, but I just haven't yet.
Old 03-07-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
The Trannie and Melissa will go.

But I WISH Lisa would go.
Old 03-07-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The girl's elimination has been pretty predictable so far. There have been no real surprises. If that trend holds then Melissa and Kinnik are gone no matter what they do tonight.

Unlike some here, I don't think Paris and/or Lisa are losing any votes. The judges are doing their utmost to put them through. Again, doesn't matter what they do tonight, they will coast to the final 12.
Old 03-07-06, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do people actually vote in this poll before the show!?! I have predictions for who I THINK will suck tonight, but I'm certainly not voting until after they HAVE sucked tonight. But I wouldn't be upset if Kinnik and Paris went home.

MATT
Old 03-07-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Paris was awful. She's getting worse each week. She was out of breath and couldn't sing and dance at the same time.
Old 03-07-06, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
paris sucked
based on that performance, she should go home
but she probably wont

terrible
Old 03-07-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
kinnik was already on borrowed time.. and she stunk it up tonight
she chose a song that was too big for her, and then she proceeded to butcher it
Old 03-07-06, 07:26 PM
Mok

Melissa McGhee & Katherine McPhee looked hot in those tight jeans.

Last edited by Mok; 03-07-06 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-07-06, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So its official...Kinnik has to be gone after tonight, as she was awful. And I agree that Paris sucked as well, but dont think she is going either.

Kinnik said she liked chittlin's

I think it should've been a public service warning of what chittlin's can make you look like:

Kinnik Tentacles
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope mcphee doesn't lose a single pound. she's bouncy in all the right places.
Old 03-07-06, 07:33 PM
Suspended

Curious - how do some of you people post on performances at or even right before 7pm CST? That's the time it comes on in the midwest, and I always thought it was live...?
Old 03-07-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
Curious - how do some of you people post on performances at or even right before 7pm CST? That's the time it comes on in the midwest, and I always thought it was live...?
the server clock is off by a few minutes.
Old 03-07-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Performance of the night from Mandisa... "Hide every woman in her jeans."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.