DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : DVD Talk review of 'Newsradio: Season 3'

CAB
03-06-06, 05:29 PM
I read Aaron Beierle's DVD review of Newsradio: Season 3 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20384 and...the last show "Injury" is the last show from the second season. What's it doing in the Season 3 set? If someone knows, please let me know. Also, if you try to watch the episodes one-at-a-time on the 3rd disc, it is impossible to access Show #23, "Mistake". The disc keeps returning to the prior show, "The Real Deal". The only way you can get to "Mistake" is to fast forward in the watch-all-episodes mode to the location of Show #23. Season 3 of News Radio is, otherwise, excellent.

MEJHarrison
03-06-06, 06:34 PM
As I recall Injury was a season 2 episode that didn't get aired until season 3. For whatever reason, Sony decided to include it on both sets. I guess there are worse things that could have happened.

Meglos
03-08-06, 01:22 PM
Also, if you try to watch the episodes one-at-a-time on the 3rd disc, it is impossible to access Show #23, "Mistake". The disc keeps returning to the prior show, "The Real Deal". The only way you can get to "Mistake" is to fast forward in the watch-all-episodes mode to the location of Show #23. Season 3 of News Radio is, otherwise, excellent.

I've not had this problem with my disc.

The "Injury" episode was held back a year due to the word "penis" being spoken by Bill McNeil twice. Go figure.

David Cornelius
03-08-06, 08:18 PM
As I recall Injury was a season 2 episode that didn't get aired until season 3. For whatever reason, Sony decided to include it on both sets. I guess there are worse things that could have happened.

The story goes like this: Sony couldn't figure out if fans considered it a S2 or S3 episode, so they intentionally covered their bases and put it on both sets, figuring it would cause the least amount of grumbling (on the off chance no S3 set was made, at least fans would get a "complete" S2).

hailmyname
03-09-06, 02:12 PM
Well Sony must be going nuts with that episode becuz it looked more like a season2 episode and why put it on both the sets, its better if its included in s2 only.

MEJHarrison
03-09-06, 06:27 PM
...its better if its included in s2 only.

I guess the studios just can't win. Had it been excluded from either season, there would have been complaints about that as well. -ohbfrank-