Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Live-Songs from Black Mountain May 9 (link to video for 1st single)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-06, 06:59 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?artistid=22774#

Click on the link for the video of "The River."

And I thought some of the stuff on Birds of Pray was bad.

Please don't let the whole album be this poppy.
Old 03-02-06, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over at the Sony Store...

Get a Live poster as a FREE GIFT when you order their new album Songs from Black Mountain. (limit one per order, while supplies last)

Get a free booklet autographed by Live as a FREE GIFT when you order their new album Songs from Black Mountain. (limit one per order, while supplies last)
Old 03-03-06, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Live albums are either really good or really bad. The last 2 have been really bad. They are no longer an automatic buy for me. I'll have to hear it first.
Old 03-03-06, 01:21 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Live albums are either really good or really bad. The last 2 have been really bad. They are no longer an automatic buy for me. I'll have to hear it first.
Same here, though I liked V a lot.

Never thought they'd degenerate to the point of not being a release day buy for me.
Old 04-11-06, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New Live?

They are my favorite band now, supplanting long time favorite Collective Soul after their last few mediocre albums.

I wasn't a giant fan of Birds of Pray but enjoyed it. I would say my favorite album is probably The Distance to Here
Old 04-20-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have listened to the whole album and all I can say is...WTF!!!! I never thought they could sound as pussy as they do now. There is not a rocking song on this album. Live has become Matchbox 20.
Old 04-22-06, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Sheesh, I'll stick with Mental Jewelry and Throwing Copper. I didn't even know they had released any albums after 99.
Old 04-22-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
The DJ that comes on after me is a Live fan. I gave him the headsup about the dualdisc offer in my post above that is now dead. Apparently, Sony called him and told him the dualdisc was indefinitely postponed...

though, reading some of the comments in here, that might not be a bad thing...I haven't given it a thorough listening to yet, so I can't say
Old 05-24-06, 10:39 AM
Cool New Member

Live: Songs From Black Mountain

I was at iTunes and you can download Live: Songs From Black Mountain new CD now. It says released June 13 2006 but I downloaded it and playing it now. I have heard they have moved the release date to June 6 but you can get it now at iTunes.
Old 05-24-06, 01:44 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by monkeyboy
Sheesh, I'll stick with Mental Jewelry and Throwing Copper. I didn't even know they had released any albums after 99.
Secret Samahdi is arguably their best album and The Distance to Here is excellent as well.

I love V too, it's a very rocking album, but it is kind of experimental and a lot of fans didn't like it.

So I'd at least check out the first 2 and maybe V, but definitely don't bother with Birds of Pray or the new album.
Old 02-20-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been on a massive music-importing project lately, transferring nearly every piece of music I own to FLAC to be saved on a redundant mega-storage array. It's been therapeutic revisiting tunes of my youth that I haven't heard in decades. Anyway, as a fan of Live, I bought "Songs From Black Mountain" out of loyalty, but I think I only actually listened to it once halfway through while at work and then tossed it in a box not to be seen again ... until yesterday. I ripped it to FLAC, verified the results in AccurateRip and then gave it a virtual spin. Holy shit, it's terrible. It's mind-bogglingly terrible. I understand how rebellious youth can mellow over time after settling down and having children, but no matter what state of mind Ed and Co. are in, even they have to admit that this steaming pile of shit is a ridiculous laugher of an album. I know this is an odd bump of an old thread, but I just can't get over how terrible this thing is.

das
Old 02-20-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shit Sandwich.
Old 02-20-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
I've been on a massive music-importing project lately, transferring nearly every piece of music I own to FLAC to be saved on a redundant mega-storage array. It's been therapeutic revisiting tunes of my youth that I haven't heard in decades. Anyway, as a fan of Live, I bought "Songs From Black Mountain" out of loyalty, but I think I only actually listened to it once halfway through while at work and then tossed it in a box not to be seen again ... until yesterday. I ripped it to FLAC, verified the results in AccurateRip and then gave it a virtual spin. Holy shit, it's terrible. It's mind-bogglingly terrible. I understand how rebellious youth can mellow over time after settling down and having children, but no matter what state of mind Ed and Co. are in, even they have to admit that this steaming pile of shit is a ridiculous laugher of an album. I know this is an odd bump of an old thread, but I just can't get over how terrible this thing is.

das
I was just wondering if you could have said this in a dorkier way Das.

Old 02-20-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I would argue that my post is far geekier than it is dorky.

das
Old 02-20-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
I would argue that my post is far geekier than it is dorky.

das
I'll go with both, but you can't get me to agree any further.