Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Great Fun Site Rewards

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Great Fun Site Rewards

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-06, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Fun Site Rewards

Every time I order something from DDD I get an offer for $20 cash back from Great Fun Site. I did it once, and I just got my check today. I'm probably going to quit Great Fun Site once I cash it. But I was wondering... am I able to get a $20 check every time I order from DDD (since it's offered every time) or if instead I'll get some sort of "sorry, but you already took advantage of this deal" message. I figure someone here must have already tried it.

Thanks
Old 02-26-06, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

my guess would be it's a one time only thing.
Old 02-26-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by newcomb being
Every time I order something from DDD I get an offer for $20 cash back from Great Fun Site. I did it once, and I just got my check today. I'm probably going to quit Great Fun Site once I cash it. But I was wondering... am I able to get a $20 check every time I order from DDD (since it's offered every time) or if instead I'll get some sort of "sorry, but you already took advantage of this deal" message. I figure someone here must have already tried it.

Thanks
I've used this 3 or 4 times when ordering from DDD and 6-7 times when ordering from CH (Columbiahouse). Sometimes it is Great Fun and other times it is Traveler's Advantage or Shopper's Advantage or something like that (all are part of the Trilegiant company). From what I've experienced it seems to be a 30-day period or so from last time you had a trial memebership until the next time you can use it.
Great deal IMHO. Especially last time I used Great Fun with CH during their 4 DVDs for $14 misprice sale. I did 2 orders for a total of $28 and should be getting $20 cashback in a month or so. So, in the end 8 DVDs for $8! Not bad when it included Saw II, Hustle & Flow and Walla & Gromit!

PS! Sometimes when you call to cancel they will offer to extend your trial membership for an added incentive (last time I did that was with Autovantage Gold and the incentive was that they would give me up to $25 cashback on my next oil change). If you do that make sure you note the new date the end of your trial membership, the date/time you called them and the name of the CSR you spoke with.
Old 02-27-06, 03:30 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I signed up for a $25 deal about 10 days ago when I placed an order at buy.com. I already mailed in the rebate request, and am thinking of canceling it next Monday or so. Do you have the Greatfunsite number to call to cancel? I got these two numbers and not sure which one is good.

1-800-290-8603
1-877-488-9480
Old 02-27-06, 03:56 AM

Thanks for the info sotra. I actually called to cancel a while ago and they extended my membership to "try it out." I wonder what they'll do this time. Good to know I can use it more than once, but a bit of a bummer that I'll have to wait about a month before I can take advantage again, especially since it takes that long just to receive the check. But it does feel good to get a free 20 bucks in the mail.
Old 03-14-06, 04:21 PM

Does Deep Discount CD offer a Great Fun rebate (or whatever it is) after you've submitted an order?
Old 03-16-06, 01:29 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Marvin
Does Deep Discount CD offer a Great Fun rebate (or whatever it is) after you've submitted an order?
Not sure. But as a Great Fun member, you do get 5% off orders at DDCD and DDD though. Not bad if you are a regular DDD customer

I signed up the Great Fun trial at buy.com when I placed an order there. Received the promised $25 check three weeks later and promptly canceled the membership too.
Old 03-17-06, 01:22 PM

I took a chance and submitted an order at DDCD and did get the offer for the rebate for joining. Now I just have to wait for their emailed instructions as to how to apply for this rebate.
Old 04-25-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I signed up with them when I ordered the 6 disc Comedy Classics set from DDD. The rebate form says to mail them my receipt. Do they want the little packing slip or something else?
Old 04-25-06, 11:38 PM

I thought the receipt was from joining their club (sent my Great Fun receipt) and not a purchase receipt from DDD. Could be wrong though.
Old 04-26-06, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
On a side note, to anyone that has called, have they gotten anyone American? I only called once so far, and it was someone with an Indian accent. And I hate talking to people that I can barely understand, especially over the phone. So if anyone knows the best time (if any) to call and get someone I will be able to understand, please let me know.
Just to conffirm, I'm not prejudice or anything, I just like to be able to understand the person that I am talking to.

Last edited by joltman; 04-26-06 at 07:03 AM.