Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Digital Eyes to merge with and become DVD Planet.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-25-06, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Just received this e-mail and it takes effect April 1st.
Old 02-25-06, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did it mention anything about frequent buyer points?
Old 02-25-06, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They still will be available at the new site and still will accumulate .
Old 02-25-06, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

here's the entire email..

There are some fantastic changes coming soon to DigitalEyes.net.

I am pleased to announce that on April 1, 2006 we will be merging our site with our sister company DVDPlanet.com, and launching a brand new website under the DVDPlanet.com name. Our new site will be more user friendly, feature more content (including customer reviews) and an enhanced search engine. Be sure to check it out!

The best news about the change is that the service, features and expertise you have come to expect from digitaleyes.net will continue on the new DVDPlanet.com website. You can continue to shop as you currently do-- your username and password will remain the same, your order history and wish lists will still be available, you can continue to earn and redeem frequent buyer points, and we'll continue to buy and sell used DVDs.

The last 10 years have been an exciting time to be in E-Commerce. We've grown from a small company selling laserdiscs from my spare bedroom to a company shipping thousands of orders each week. DVD Planet has also been around for many years, and much like DigitalEyes, grew from a small laserdisc retailer to a large DVD seller catering to the movie enthusiast. So it's only natural that we should join forces to offer you the best online DVD shopping experience!

For a complete list of answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding our merger with DVDPlanet.com please see below.

I am also happy to let you know that I'm not going away. I'll be overseeing the new DVDPlanet.com web site and I look forward to continuing to explore the world of movies with you.

Mark Harrill
Founder
www.digitaleyes.net/www.animeonestop.com

Frequently Asked Questions

On April 1, 2006 DigitalEyes.net and DVDPlanet.com will merge! We'll launch a new and improved website under the DVDPlanet.com name. We're very excited about this merger with our sister company and we're certain that you're shopping experience will be enhanced.

Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions regarding our merger:

Q. Is DigtalEyes.net going out of business?
A. No. Neither DigitalEyes.net or DVDPlanet.com are going out of business. We have been sister companies for several years and have determined that if we combine our strengths we can offer our customers a much more rewarding shopping experience.

Q. When will the new site launch and will there are be any time when the DigitalEyes.net site will be unavailable?
A. The new site will launch on April 1, 2006. Both the DigitalEyes.net and DVDPlanet.com web sites will be unavailable for a few hours beginning late the night of March 31st and into the early morning of April 1st. As we get closer to the launch date we'll post the exact times that the sites will be unavailable on each of the websites.

Q. Will the DigitalEyes.net name be replaced by DVDPlanet.com?
A. Yes. The new website will be called DVDPlanet.com. Although the existing DigitalEyes.net domain name will redirect you to the new website.

Q. Will my open orders, including pre-orders and backorders be transitioned to the new website?
A. Yes. All of your open orders will be transitioned to the new website.

Q. Will there be any delays in shipping my orders during the transition?
A. No. All orders, including pre-orders and backorders will ship on time.

Q. Do I need to do anything to assure that my open orders are moved to the new site?
A. No. We will transfer all of your orders to the new website. You can continue to shop at DigitalEyes.net right up until the transition and all of your orders will ship on time.

Q. Would it be better if I began placing all of my orders on DVDPlanet.com now?
A. No. Since both sites are moving to a new web platform orders from the existing DVDPlanet.com website will also need to be moved. You can continue to shop at DigitalEyes.net right up to the transition.

Q. Will I need to change my username and password?
A. No. You will be able to login to your account with your existing DigitalEyes.net username and password.

Q. Will I need to enter all of my account information, such as billing and shipping addresses on the new website again?
A. No. We will move all of your existing account information to the new web site.

Q. Will my order history still be available?
A. Yes. All of your past order history and order status information will still be available on the new website.

Q. Will my Wish List still be available?
A. Yes. Your Wish Lists from DVDPlanet.com and DigitalEyes.net will be available on the new DVDPlanet.com web site.

Q. Will I still be able to use my existing Frequent Buyer points?
A. Yes. Your existing DigitalEyes.net Frequent Buyer points will be available on the new DVDPlanet.com web site.

Q. Will I continue to earn Frequent Buyer points after the transition?
A. Yes. The new DVDPlanet.com website will offer a Frequent Buyer rewards program just as DigitalEyes.net does now.

Q. Will the new DVDPlanet.com website buy and sell used DVDs?
A. Yes. The new DVDPlanet.com will utilize the Quote Machine and we will continue to buy and sell used DVDs just as DigitalEyes.net does now.

Q. Will AnimeOneStop.com still exist?
A. Yes. AnimeOneStop.com will continue to exist on the new web platform and you can continue to visit AnimeOneStop.com for the latest information on Anime releases.

Q. Who do I email for customer service regarding orders placed on DigitalEyes.net after the transition?
A. After April 1st 2006 use the email address [email protected] for customer service inquiries. We will also accept emails at [email protected] until June 30, 2006.

Q. What customer service phone number should I use?
A. After April 1st 2006 please call 1-800-818-9693 for customer service inquiries.
Old 02-25-06, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Whoah. I hope this all works out. I am glad the frequent buyer points are staying the same. I would be sad without those. Also, I got all my preorders in with digital eyes and am glad they are going to be ok. I hope we still get digitaleyes like coupons. They are another reason digitaleyes is my favorite place to order online.
Old 02-25-06, 04:17 PM

Hey Guys,

Don't sweat it. All the things you love about DE will exist in DVD Planet. The two sites have had a similar customer base for years and the merger will help us service customers more effectively. I am honestly excited about some of the changes coming up and they will be unveiled soon.

The frequent buyer program is an important way for us to reward our customers and will be enhanced with some new bonuses later in the year. BTW. We will be offering double points on all shipments from February 27-March 18.
Old 02-25-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey Mark,

Thanks for stopping by with your update. Glad to hear you'll be running things on the new site! Couple of questions for those of who have accounts on both sites...

1. Will our order histories and pre-order lists from each site be combined?
2. Which site's login/password should we use on the merged site?

Thanks again for your great service.

Last edited by seymouru; 02-25-06 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-25-06, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark,

After the merge, will you still be offering the monthly coupon codes? Although DVDPlanet currently offers coupons from time-to-time, I really like the standard monthly codes offered now by DigitalEyes.

Great news about the upcoming Double Points! I've got a $100+ pre-order that I expect to ship in that window. When I placed it, I was hoping you'd announce a double points period and now you have.........great deal for me.
Old 02-25-06, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by seymouru
Hey Mark,

Thanks for stopping by with your update. Glad to hear you'll be running things on the new site! Couple of questions for those of who have accounts on both sites...

1. Will our order histories and pre-order lists from each site be combined?
2. Which site's login/password should we use on the merged site?

Thanks again for your great service.
Order history and pre-orders will be combined on the site on April 1. You can use either your Planet login or DE login to access the combined site on April 1.
Old 02-25-06, 05:13 PM

I expect to offer our normal monthly coupons. There may be some changes, but I expect things to be very similar.
Old 02-25-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. And, I hope to see the continuation of DVDPlanet's 35% Criterion Collection discount?
Old 02-25-06, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by flixtime
Thanks. And, I hope to see the continuation of DVDPlanet's 35% Criterion Collection discount?
That is the current plan.
Old 02-25-06, 07:55 PM

mark,

i hope im not asking a silly question here but i didnt want to assume...

will our store credit/account balance move over to the new site as well? i understand the frequent buyer points are fine, and i just want to be sure my account balance is "safe" as well?

thanks very much for your time thanks for posting here.
Old 02-25-06, 10:03 PM

Hi Mark,
I live in California, and as there is a DVD Planet store here, DVD Planet charges sales tax on my orders. Will my orders be charged sales tax after the merger? If so, that could potentially be a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited by honeybefly; 02-25-06 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-25-06, 10:05 PM
X
Administrator

Received 149 Likes on 120 Posts
So now California customers will get charged tax?
Old 02-25-06, 10:49 PM

Where will Ordered be shipped from after the merge? I've been using DigitalEyes for the past year since orders ship from Illinois and I live in Chicago so I get my orders quick.
Old 02-25-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DannyK
Where will Ordered be shipped from after the merge? I've been using DigitalEyes for the past year since orders ship from Illinois and I live in Chicago so I get my orders quick.
I would guess the same since they are already owned by the same company and I belive ship from the same warehouse (along with DDD).
Old 02-26-06, 08:55 AM

Account balances/credits are safe and will be moved to DVDPlanet.

We will have to charge sales tax on all California orders after April 1.

We will continue to ship out of our warehouse in Itasca.
Old 02-26-06, 09:26 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
I love DigitalEyes and never liked DVDPlanet. For me this is very sad news. DE was so accessible and told me what was in stock and what wasn't. I lived for getting my DVD's early and loved the customer service. I fear this won't happen at DVDPlanet and i am not looking forward to this change. I have had numerous bad experiences with DVDPlanet and DeepDiscountDVD and that is why DE is the sole place I get my DVD's and have spent nearly $1,000 if not more there.

DE was my #1 website for online orders and i think my business will now go elsewhere.
Old 02-26-06, 10:44 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Mark,

Just placed my first order with you. In the future do you anticipate adding more MMA(mixed martial arts) titles to your inventory. You have a dozen UFC and King of the Cage titles, but no Pride or any of the smaller associations. Even if you didn't add the smaller stuff, expanding on the big name stuff would be great, and I would surely order more frequently from your site.
Old 02-26-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
DE was my #1 website for online orders and i think my business will now go elsewhere.
What makes you think the new combined site will resemble the old Planet site more than the old DE site? With Mark overseeing the new site, I'd think it would be more like the old DE. You should at least give it a chance!
Old 02-26-06, 11:38 AM

Will paypal still be accepted as a payment method after the move?
Old 02-26-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Money Orders???
Old 02-26-06, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
Money Orders???
Don't like money oreders. Far more of a hassle.
Old 02-26-06, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
I love DigitalEyes and never liked DVDPlanet. For me this is very sad news. DE was so accessible and told me what was in stock and what wasn't. I lived for getting my DVD's early and loved the customer service. I fear this won't happen at DVDPlanet and i am not looking forward to this change. I have had numerous bad experiences with DVDPlanet and DeepDiscountDVD and that is why DE is the sole place I get my DVD's and have spent nearly $1,000 if not more there.

The shipping policies on the new DVD Planet site will be exactly the same as what is offered on the current DE site. My customer service team will be handling the customer service at Planet and the customer focus of DE will be offered at the new DVD Planet site. Honestly you have nothing to worry about when we make the change in April.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.