Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

College Hoops 2K6 Goes Gold - ships Mar 7

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
College Hoops 2K6 Goes Gold - ships Mar 7

College Hoops 2K6 for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the latest in the #1 rated college basketball video game series, has gone gold and is set to hit store shelves on March 7. College Hoops 2K6 for Xbox 360 showcases incredible next generation graphics, unparalleled gameplay, the entire suite of features found in the critically-acclaimed current generation versions and an expanded roster of teams and players.

As the first and only college basketball video game to be available for the Xbox 360, College Hoops 2K6 includes Xbox 360-exclusive features such as stunning player models, detailed college arenas complete with full 3D crowds and realistic animated sections for the band, home and visiting crowds. Additionally, an increased focus on defense in the post, players’ shot distribution and overall game speed bring more of an authentic college style of play.

College Hoops 2K6 also includes current-gen features such as Pre-season and Selection Sunday broadcast shows, the Coach’s Clipboard, Midnight Madness®, Strip ‘n’ Rip System, Shot Stick and V.I.P. System™, as well as online play.
Old 02-24-06, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks - I was just about to give up hope! I figured it would just keep getting pushed back and then quietly disappear from any "coming soon" lists

edit to add: "hit store shelves on March 7". Uh-oh, that's the same day as Burnout. I might need to take the day off

Last edited by Daryl; 02-24-06 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-24-06, 02:42 PM
Retired

Hopefully it won't have the slowdown that plagues the PS2 version.
Old 02-25-06, 01:58 PM

March 7th looks like a good day for 360 owners. College Hoops 2K6, Burnout Revenge, and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter all come out that day.
Old 03-07-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

picked up a copy at Best Buy after work - I'll give it a whirl tonight
Old 03-07-06, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Sekots
March 7th looks like a good day for 360 owners. College Hoops 2K6, Burnout Revenge, and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter all come out that day.
Amen.
Old 03-08-06, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Popped this in at work for a minute....possibly the worst looking 360 game to date. Why it wouldnt look as good as NBA 2K6 is beyond me. Oh well, ill get the 1000 achievements in 1 game and bring it back to work tomorrow for Ghost Recon and Burnout...woot!
Old 03-08-06, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I'll rent it...that's about it. Sounds like it could be fun, but NBA and NHL are taking up my sporting needs
Old 03-08-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you like NBA2K6, then this is the same, with college players and worse graphics (much worse, which pains me to say, because I so wanted this game to be great with the extra time they spent on it). Why the default camera is zoomed out so much further than the default one in NBA2k6 is, is beyond mystifying, plus you can't zoom in using that camera. The players look almost blurry at that distance. I will keep it because the game still plays well, and I love college bball, so i will get my money's worth out of it, but my unsanctioned DVDTalk Video Game Forum recommendation is: rental
Old 03-08-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

good, its not just me on the graphics wonder what the heck they did wrong?