TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica "Downloaded" 02-24-06

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Battlestar Galactica "Downloaded" 02-24-06

Spoiler:
When a Cylon's consciousness is downloaded into a new body following her death, the structure of Cylon society is revealed.

Sounds good!
Old 02-24-06, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Should be a nice change of pace. I seem to remember from the preview a particularly cringe-worthy piece of dialog/acting by Grace Park (Boomer).
Old 02-24-06, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Hopefully we'll get some more naked Boomer tonight.
Old 02-24-06, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, what a great episode.

The preview for the 2 part season finale looked awesome.
Old 02-24-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've thought all along that Baltar was a cylon. This episode hasn't exactly changed my opinion.
Old 02-25-06, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by waporvare
I've thought all along that Baltar was a cylon. This episode hasn't exactly changed my opinion.
Oh yeah. That didn't change my opinion either. And wow. Having him play Six to, well, Six was just incredible to see and not something I expected. Throw in Lucy Lawless and everything else in the mix and you have hella good tv. I loved it, loved it, loved it.

The preview for the finale looked great. If they keep up this level through the season finale...wow. That whole emo period will be forgiven no problem.
Old 02-25-06, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by waporvare
If Baltar's a Cylon why did he need to be seduced by Six in the first place? The Cylons already had a mole who simply needed to be activated. I think this episode only reinforced him NOT being a Cylon, because the whole point of him and Six envisioning the other one is because they're the "Other." If they were both Cylons, there would be no more weight to the conflict between their personalities and ideologies.
Old 02-25-06, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Best episode EVER. Wow - loved it. This show is at its best when it gets hardcore philosophical on what it is to be human. Baltar as Six's hallucination was a great twist. I agree with Duder's line of thinking. They're in each other's heads. I do have to wonder how it is that Six died during the nuclear blast but Baltar did not.
Old 02-25-06, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree, Baltar is far from being a Cylon. He's very much a human slowly becoming corrupted but still holds on to some shred of humanity within him.

It was great seeing the exact opposite with a Cylon, Six, holding on to a portion of humanity she tasted in her previous life/body.
Old 02-25-06, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
There are twelve humanoid Cylon models, and so far we've got six of them identified, correct?

Old 02-25-06, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!

The cherry on top of this delicious BSG sundae.
Old 02-25-06, 07:12 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

great episode.
Old 02-25-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I have figured out the subconscience Baltar & Six. We learned two important facts in this episode. The first is that Six died when the Nuke exploded. Second and more importantly we see the reborn Six has a subconscience Baltar.
What I think happened is that when the Six died during the Nuke her mind began to transfer. What if the nuke causes some sort of connection between mind of Six through Baltar then onto the rebirthing center? And what if each took a little piece of the other. So in Baltar's mind we have the cold calculating Cylon memories (Galactica Six) and Caprica Six has the humanity of a human (Caprica Baltar). So we see Baltar being influenced by the cylons programming on Galactica. And Caprica Six being influenced by Baltar's humanity. Yes, I have to believe Baltar is(was) a good person who mistakes doomed humanity. Maybe, that guilt is what was transferred to Cap Six.
With regards to Caprica Boomer. I think she is the one who spent her whole career with Galactica. So she has the first hand feelings and none of the Cylon upbringing, except for the overide commands.(making her shoot Adama). While Galactica Boomer has only memories(like watching a video of someones life) and while she remembers everything doesn't have the personal connection to the crew and especially to the Chief...Although, she may have made that connection with Helo.

Just my theory!
Old 02-25-06, 12:18 PM

Great ep. One question - who was the guy standing next to the pool when Boomer got downloaded? It didn't look like Doral. Have we been shown another model?

I can't wait for the season finale, but then again it means no new BSG for MONTHS. Hopefully the full season will come out on DVD the week after, just like Season 2.0 did.
Old 02-25-06, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!

Right on. I loved the previews too. I hope people give it a chance.
Great episode of BSG. So why arent we seeing the other 6 cylons? Wouldn't they be with the others?
A couple of questions...if Six died during that explosion (in the miniseries) how did Baltar survive?
Is the guy who fell for Starbuck and was in last night's episode going to be going back to Galactica? Ya think?
In the previews of next week it looked like
Spoiler:
he was reunited with Starbuck
Old 02-25-06, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
A couple of questions...if Six died during that explosion (in the miniseries) how did Baltar survive?
It looks like in the opening of the nuke hitting, #6 is using her body to block Baltar from the blast/debris. They were far enough away from the actual explosion the real danger was flying debris. I guess #6 shielded him from any lethal debris while her body got destroyed.
Old 02-25-06, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!
Doctor Who!

Don't know if this will do well. I'm thinking that everyone that might like this show has already downloaded all the episodes since in came out a year ago in the old uk. I didn't care for it that much but I might give it another chance. Only watched the first 2 or 3 episodes.
Old 02-25-06, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Don't know if this will do well. I'm thinking that everyone that might like this show has already downloaded all the episodes since in came out a year ago in the old uk. I didn't care for it that much but I might give it another chance. Only watched the first 2 or 3 episodes.
Of course there are some clunky episodes but there are some really good ones as well. The last one of series one is awesome.
Give it another try.
Old 02-25-06, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
So why arent we seeing the other 6 cylons?
So they can save some sort of surprise for later.
Old 02-25-06, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm confused.

Did the doctor actually kill the real baby and switch it with the cylon baby?
Old 02-25-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
I'm confused.

Did the doctor actually kill the real baby and switch it with the cylon baby?
I think it was implied that the human baby was aborted and "replaced" with the cylon one.

Great ep. Probably in my top 5. (And not just because the previous few kinda sucked.) Awesome performances all around, but I particularly love how the writers haven't forgotten past storylines. Bringing Anders back (with Starbuck's medallion no less) and a peek into the resistance on Caprica again was awesome. This ep. was suspenseful, well-acted, moved the story-line forward, answered some questions, shelved the Apollo/Starbuck drama for an hour...ultimately, some good shit.

(The writers of Lost could learn a thing or two from watching BG.)
Old 02-25-06, 07:12 PM

Great episode!

Now last weeks episode was good, but this one kicks ass! Anyway, lets hope the other 2 will be the same!
Old 02-25-06, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didn't we see more of the cyclons last night? I seem to rememeber other people at that cafe besides the known cylons. Who else would these people be?
Old 02-25-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
I think it was implied that the human baby was aborted and "replaced" with the cylon one.

This ep. was suspenseful, well-acted, moved the story-line forward, answered some questions, shelved the Apollo/Starbuck drama for an hour...ultimately, some good shit.

(The writers of Lost could learn a thing or two from watching BG.)
That's funny. Before I finished reading your post I was going to say, I wish the Lost writers could do that.
Old 02-25-06, 09:53 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I agree that this was the best episode in a long time. Loved the role reversal with Baltar and Six.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.