DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Cinderella Man 3 Disc Going Out Of Print (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/456476-cinderella-man-3-disc-going-out-print.html)

phatboy 02-20-06 12:41 AM

Cinderella Man 3 Disc Going Out Of Print

Just saw that this 3 disc set is either going or already is out of print. Do you guys think it's worth it to buy it just for the collectors value? Possibly even re-sale value?

TheMovieman 02-20-06 01:14 AM

First, I already own it (got it at Target and paid a pretty penny for it... more than I usually do). Second, isn't it only two discs? One disc is double sided so I don't count that as a third.

Is it worth buying? As one who enjoys extras, sure. If you're not interested in the subject, then no. You can get the regular version used for under $10 (vs. paying upwards of $30 for the CE).

Eric D. 02-20-06 01:16 AM

It's a great movie. You should get it even if it wasn't going out of print. Also the collector's edition is 2 discs, not 3. As for what it will be worth down the line, I can't tell for sure, but it hasn't been out for that long and was a limited time thing to begin with.

joshtown 02-20-06 03:00 AM

It won't be worth much. I bought the Collectors Edition of Seabiscuit when it came out, which is basically the same sort of thing as the Cinderella Man CE. It sells for a little over $20 on Ebay. Don't buy it for value, buy it if you want the features and enjoy the film. They produced tons of these dvds.

dsa_shea 02-20-06 09:05 AM

An excellent set but very costly. Dont buy in hopes of turning a profit.

gutwrencher 02-20-06 09:39 AM

Selling it for profit is not a part of my world, so you're on yer own there.:D

It's a great film and this is a great set. Looks great filed in the library too.

DVD Josh 02-20-06 09:44 AM

I got the one disc. You aren't missing much except the actual bout. I couldn't justify the expense, despite the fact I really really liked the film.

Josh H 02-20-06 10:40 AM

No, as I think it's silly to buy dvds for collector's value.

I own the 3 disc as I loved the movie, if you're a fan it's worthwhile. Otherwise I'd reccomend spending the money on some dvds of movies you're more interested in.

phatboy 02-20-06 03:11 PM

my bad...thought it was 3...just saw the movie & liked it but it's 32 bones at best buy & not sure if it's worth THAT much....just like the stoopid fantastic four 4 disc set...I mean how much could they put on there....and THAT"s 30 bones as well....

Eric D. 02-20-06 04:54 PM

Then don't get it.

tacos 02-20-06 05:58 PM

I'll take $100 for mine. Or I'll take $200 in a year from now. You make the call.

filmfreak 02-20-06 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by joshtown
It won't be worth much. I bought the Collectors Edition of Seabiscuit when it came out, which is basically the same sort of thing as the Cinderella Man CE. It sells for a little over $20 on Ebay. Don't buy it for value, buy it if you want the features and enjoy the film. They produced tons of these dvds.

What he said.

DVD is getting unsettling close to toy collecting. I remember as a kid, I’d buy the rare version of whatever toy for bragging and such, but movies? I buy movies because I like watching them and that is all.