Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tekken coming to PSP

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tekken coming to PSP

I've got screencaps, but need to do some funky conversions on them before I can post. In due time (hopefully).

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (February 17, 2006) – Leading video games developer and publisher NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that its highly popular fighting franchise, TEKKEN®, will make its fighting debut on the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system in TEKKEN®: Dark Resurrection in Summer 2006. Bringing the pain to the portable system, TEKKEN: Dark Resurrection boasts two brand new characters, Lili and Dragunov, whose unique fighting styles and new moves will bring new blood to the ring as they go up against an impressive line up of classic TEKKEN characters, including the return of Armor King. Fighting fans are in for a new TEKKEN challenge as the opening movie sets the stage for the new characters to join the ranks of those who pursue the title of the King of the Iron Fist Tournament.

In addition, double the customization items are available in TEKKEN: Dark Resurrection, allowing the player to transform their favorite characters to their liking, then sharing the look with friends on AD-HOC wireless multiplayer. Topping off the long line of features are fun mini-games that allow players to take breaks from the fighting action, all adding up to make TEKKEN: Dark Resurrection the premier fighting game for the PSP system.

“We are very excited that the action-packed fighting world of TEKKEN is coming for the first time to the PSP system,” said Yoshi Niki, Business Unit Director at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. “Having the furious fighting action online through the multiplayer wireless connectivity will enhance the TEKKEN experience and make it the must have PSP system title in Summer 2006.”

TEKKEN: Dark Resurrection will be the portable fighting game to own when it rages onto store shelves later this year. For more information on TEKKEN: Dark Resurrection, please visit http://www.namcobandaigames.com/
Old 09-07-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone play Tekken anymore? So, I had no idea this was coming out just saw it sitting there in Best Buy which caused my console days to flash before my eyes. Did a blind buy even though I was a little worried about slow down, choppiness, etc.

Well, Namco & Bandai (when did that merger happen) still know how to program just about anything as I've been playing the hell out of this for the past week and it's great. Having not played a Tekken game since um...Tekken 3, this is just amazing they squeezed this on a PSP.

The best feature by far is playing against the 'ghosts' of other players. Some people have been really playing around with the edit your character as the funniest one I've seen is Kazuya looking like Elvis, complete with a guitar on his back

I'm still getting the hang of the controls, the d pad thing helps... a lot.

This is just a great PSP game.

Anyone have a expert or Tekken Lord ghost I can play against? Right now I'm at 7th Dan or something.
Old 09-07-06, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've been hooked on this game for about a month. In fact, since I got my PSP, it's the only game that has really held my attention. I haven't really played Tekken since 3 either.