Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

FS: lot of 60...NEW Seller, open to options to complete deal, confidently!

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-06, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to dvd talk exchange forum. I know that now a days it is definately word of mouth to gain a reputation, i am in greatful need to sell this lot of dvds, all original just like it entitles in the guidelines. Since i am new i am open to any suggestions to make the buyer feel more comfortable. Here she goes:
-zoolander
-butterfly effect
-shawshank redemption
-Green Mile
-New Jack city
-The Score
-Team AMerica
-Frequency
-CKY2K
-CKY3
-Jurassic Park
-Secret Window
-The Recruit
-Blow
-Me Myself and Irene
-Minority Report
-Les Miserables
-Blade
-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
-Instinct
-Radio
-Bourne Identity
-Kill Bill
-Kill Bill 2
-Meet the Parents
-Jackass the movie
-Exit Wounds
-Deuces Wild
-Changing Lanes
-Matchstick Men
-Matrix
-Matrix Reloaded
-Matrix Revlolutions
-Die Another Day
-Tears of the Sun
-The Saint
-Schindler's List
-Tupac:Before i wake
-Chain Reaction
-Xmen 2
-The Hunted
-Soldier
-Deep Blue Sea
-Once Upon a time in Mexico
-Resivoir Dogs SE
-8Mile
-LOTR Fellowship of the ring
-LOTR two Towers
-Conspieracy Theory
-Vanilla Sky
-Good Will Hunting
-Bringing Down the House
-Stepmom
-Demolition Man
-Prince of Eqypt
-The Untouchables SE
-Gangs of New York
-Saving Private Ryan D-Day Commemorative Edition
-Harry Potter 1
-Harry Potter 2

**NOw i really need to get rid of this lot, i would like to sell them for 6US each so 360.00 plus whatever shipping is BUT i am open to any reasonable offers, i have a lot of unforseen expenses that need to be dealt with ASAP*** Please email me offers....thanks guys look forward to getting my name out there! [email protected]
Old 02-16-06, 08:50 AM

Well didnt work obviously.....How does 5US a movie sound....so 300.00 plus shipping....I really gotta make some quick money so hopefully this is a little more reasonable, if not please make a offer! thanks
Old 02-16-06, 12:35 PM

ygm
Old 02-17-06, 01:15 AM

Ygm!
Old 02-17-06, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really hope you guys are asking him to ship first.

"i would like to sell them for 6US"
Do you live in Canada or Europe by any chance?
Old 02-17-06, 05:55 AM

"I really hope you guys are asking him to ship first."

Always under these circumstances Dr., always.

oh yeah though. Wow, I'm upset at myself I didn't catch it this time (6US). Usually I'm on my toes warning others. I talked to him though through e-mail, and he doesn't want to sell singles. But did say they were willing to ship 1st. Don't know how it would of really panned out though, as I can't buy them all, so I just left it at that.
Old 02-17-06, 11:16 AM

How's the condition? Are they all widescreen? Its best to list these things...
Old 02-17-06, 01:42 PM

I have a feeling he's keeping on the DL, now that the Dr. pointed out that one little bit of info that tells alot.

Let's see how this one pans out I guess?
Old 02-17-06, 01:59 PM

DL eh? No No i totally forgot to mention that i am from canada, i know it is buyer beware from there, thats why i tried to be understanding about sending methods, i would never want to get scammed nor would i want to have that reputation. I would really like to get rid of what i can, and i WILL send first! Thanks guys
Old 02-17-06, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by darkshadowdog
How's the condition? Are they all widescreen? Its best to list these things...
I asked the same thing, and if they had any scratches. He ignored the widescreen, and said they're "playable and great condition"? I don't know if that means they have scratches and still play, though. Lots of Blockbuster rentals are playable.

Also, I emailed about 7 titles. He replied that he wants $50 PLUS shipping!! His original price was $6 each, and he dropped it to $5. How does $35 turn into $50, especially when you're in such a desperate need for cash? If you don't want a reputation for scamming, you're not showing it.

Call me crazy, but not answering two questions and suddenly raising the price above your original are huge red flags.
Old 02-17-06, 02:24 PM

I understand dude. I posted on here that I talked to you & that you were more than willing to ship first. It's all good n' da hood. It's not necassarily "buyer beware" from there, as there's plenty of great traders from Canada on this board that I've dealt with. And they obviously had to start out somewhere? Just remembered, 1 great guy I had some good trades with from up there is delightdvd (Gold Trader), haven't seen him out here lately...hmmm? J.P.V. is another stand-up, awesome trader from Canada.

Anyway, good luck on your thread my friend. And if you scam someone on here, it's on!!!

PLEASE NOTE: Above comment about it "being on", is NOT to be taken seriously. It's just my stupid humor.
Old 02-17-06, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShallowHal
Also, I emailed about 7 titles. He replied that he wants $50 PLUS shipping!! His original price was $6 each, and he dropped it to $5. How does $35 turn into $50, especially when you're in such a desperate need for cash? If you don't want a reputation for scamming, you're not showing it.
I don't see a problem here. If you buy the whole lot, you get an average price of $6 (now $5). If you just want to buy seven individual titles, you pay just over $7 each, plus shipping. Seems reasonable to me. I think you just misread his "$6 each" remark--he made no representations about prices for individual titles.

As for being desperate for cash, just because a person states that he needs money ASAP doesn't mean he has to settle for whatever scraps come his way.

I think this guy is just an inexperienced trader, not a scammer. In particular, your comment that he raised his prices above his original asking price is just wrong.
Old 02-17-06, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just sent three DVDs within Canada, and it was over $10. His shipping costs are not at all out of line.
Old 02-17-06, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops, just noticed it wasn't shipping costs being discussed. I am still in shock that I had to pay that much within Canada.