Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Digital Eyes--Shipping Preorders

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Golden Girls Season 4 has been "in stock" for eight days, and it still hasn't shipped. This has happened four times now, and when the items do ship, it takes even longer to arrive even though I select priority mail. If they are no longer going to ship before the release date, there's no reason to use them as I have Amazon Prime.

Last edited by cmleidi; 02-14-06 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched some of my Gimme a Break: Season 1 last night. I ordered it from Digital Eyes and it doesn't street until today...

I don't really remember getting a shipping notice for it, though, which is unusual for Digital Eyes. It just showed up early. Perhaps yours is in the mail?
Old 02-14-06, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Colleen
I watched some of my Gimme a Break: Season 1 last night. I ordered it from Digital Eyes and it doesn't street until today...

I don't really remember getting a shipping notice for it, though, which is unusual for Digital Eyes. It just showed up early. Perhaps yours is in the mail?
That's certanly possible although I have never received an item without getting a notice that it shipped. I received an exercise video in place of a preorder I received yesterday (GREY'S ANATOMY), and this is the email response I got back:
"The new order number to watch for is XXXXXX, you should receive this item within five business days, after the item ships. When we reship any item, we submit a refund and a charge to your credit card. We will also e-mail you a postage paid label to return the incorrect item. We are sorry for the error and inconvenience this has caused"

It's ridiculous that they didn't automatically upgrade the replacement since it was their mistake. I shouldn't have to wait until next week to get it. It took two calls to have someone offer me two day shipping--I purchase priority for every order--and they couldn't even guarantee it would be here by Friday so I canceled the order. As their price for GREY'S ANATOMY WAS $4. TO $5. more than other outlets, there was no point in keeping an order they had mishandled and that I would not receive until almost a week after its release date.

Last edited by cmleidi; 02-14-06 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Except for a few items that they have sold out of, they usually ship their items earlier than most for me. However, "Golden Girls Season 4," which mailed last Tuesday, still isn't here. Occasionally, the bar code like sticker they put on some of their packages seems to cause the DVDs to get delayed. I will get it with a lot of stickers over that and it seems to be the cause. I am not sure why that is, but I want my Golden Girls.

Mark from digital eyes (DigitalEyes) posts here, and I have had better luck getting him to handle my problems than their newly lame customer service.

Last edited by onebyone; 02-14-06 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 12:57 PM

We have not changed any of our policies and it is our goal to have items arrive on the street date. In some instances the post office is quicker than we expect and an item will arrive early. Your shipments likely arrive quickly because of your close proximity to our warehouse.

Our system has some flaws which caused Golden Girls to ship separate from Gray's Anatomy. Since we endeavor to ship orders as quickly as possible, we will invoice and pack items as soon as they are received. Due to our system, an order can only be open for picking once. While Gray's was being mis-picked (I am very sorry for the mistake) Golden Girls came in and stayed in a holding status until Gray's left. Golden Girls was then sent to the warehouse to be picked and mailed out. I hope this explains what happened.

Clearly we do not want anything to go wrong with any order we ship. Unfortunately a mistake does occur on rare occasion. I am sorry that you were afflicted by our error.
Old 02-14-06, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by DigitalEyes
We have not changed any of our policies and it is our goal to have items arrive on the street date. In some instances the post office is quicker than we expect and an item will arrive early. Your shipments likely arrive quickly because of your close proximity to our warehouse.
Mark, I appreciate you responding to my posts. I don't know what's happened behind the scenes, but I've noticed a significant decrease in customer service. Shipping time has increased so that an item from Amazon.Co.Uk takes less time to get to my home in Ohio than a package mailed priority mail from Illinois. All three reps blamed the U.S. postal service, and I dislike them as much as anyone, but when this only happens with items from Digital Eyes, I tend not to put the blame on the postal service.

I've had to talk to three different customer service reps today to get a "straight" answer about why Golden Girls hadn't shipped although all three calls started off pertaining to another issue. The first two reps said it hadn't shipped. The third rep said it shipped on the 13th, and that an email was sent. As I had not received that email and he only informed me of this after I told him I wanted to cancel the order, I asked him to resend the email for my records. He told me that Digital Eyes has a policy not to resend emails.

Amazon has its faults, but when I bring a mistake to their attention, they fix it without my having to request it. I would never have to request that a replacement be upgraded. They'd do it automatically because the mistake was their fault. I've spent thousands of dollars at Digital Eyes, but my experience today and in the past few months with customer service has made me rethink my patronage. There's no excuse for spending two hours to get an answer that I'm not even sure is the correct one.

Last edited by cmleidi; 02-14-06 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-14-06, 02:28 PM

Customer service notified me as soon as you had called twice. It took me some time to respond because I was investigating the situation. We have not changed our shipping methods and your orders have all shipped via Priority Mail or First Class Mail. Unfortunately sometimes the post office is slower on our first class orders. I am checking with the warehouse to see if we can add FIRST CLASS MAIL to the label. I think they (USPS) may be treating these packages as the wrong class since this is not stated except in the postage paid block.

We certainly don't want to lose you as a customer. I was told they offered to upgrade the Gray's Anatomy to UPS 2 Day at our expense. They sent you a prepaid label for return of the error. Please contact me directly with any more concerns.