Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

What is the name of this movie?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-13-06, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the name of this movie? I saw it in high school in the very late 70's or the very early 80's, it was a trilogy and the one story in it that I remember most was about a woman's husband who had just been killed in a car wreck, and she is telling friends that she wished he was still alive, her friend then tells her to be careful what she wishes for because she had heard about other wishing for dead loved ones to return from the dead and they did in the mangled bodies from the injuries of their deaths, so she changes her wish that he was alive without any of his injuries that killed him. Then somehow there is a knock at the door and who is it, none other than her formerly dead husband, only he is in a great deal of pain because he has already been embalmed!

I have been trying to find out the name of this movie for years so I can try to find it on DVD to buy it.

If you have any idea please email me at the e-mail address below.
Thanks.

Last edited by TheMrWilk; 02-13-06 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-13-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Tales from the Crypt movie (1972) from Wikipedia:
"Wish You Were Here" (The Haunt of Fear #22, November-December 1953), is a variation on W. W. Jacobs' famed short story "The Monkey's Paw." Businessman Ralph Jason (Richard Green) is close to financial ruin. His wife Enid (Barbara Murray) discovers a Chinese figurine and wishes for a fortune. Ralph is killed on the way to collect it. She uses her second wish to bring him back to the way he was just before the accident but learns that his death was due to a heart attack. When she once again wishes for him to be brought back to life, she finds she has trapped him in eternal pain because his body had been embalmed.
I think you might have had more luck if you had spelled embalmed right; it was the first thing that came up on a Google search for "movie wish embalmed."

Last edited by FinkPish; 02-13-06 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-13-06, 11:19 PM

You are correct (as well as others) Thank you and I am sorry.

Originally Posted by FinkPish
Tales from the Crypt movie (1972) from Wikipedia:

I think you might have had more luck if you had spelled embalmed right; it was the first thing that came up on a Google search for "movie wish embalmed."
You are correct, as were others where I also posted it (much to my shame, I guess I commited some sort of horrible sin, what was I thinking posting this question about a "movie" that I hoped to find on "DVD" in both the movie and DVD section, my carelessness could have crashed this web site, perhaps even bogged down the entire internet, I wondered why the lights flickered and dimmed) I suppose now I will be banished from this site and forced to live a life of shame.

Again sincerly, thanks to all for your help.

Now to continue my question, from information posted elsewhere on this site this movie is scheduled for release on DVD soon in London, if I purchase a copy via the internet from somewhere in London will it work in the U.S.?

Last edited by TheMrWilk; 02-13-06 at 11:21 PM. Reason: to correct spelling (who would have thunk it?)
Old 02-14-06, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 504 Likes on 349 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Maybe, but most likely not as it will probably be a Region 2 release. Of course, all you would need to watch it here would be a DVD player with multi-region and PAL to NTSC capability. Hang around the International and DVD Hardware forums to learn about those.

Oh yeah, snarky language like

"(much to my shame, I guess I commited some sort of horrible sin, what was I thinking posting this question about a "movie" that I hoped to find on "DVD" in both the movie and DVD section, my carelessness could have crashed this web site, perhaps even bogged down the entire internet, I wondered why the lights flickered and dimmed) I suppose now I will be banished from this site and forced to live a life of shame."

is much more likely to get you in hot water around here than a minor thing like crossposting. I assume you got a polite and informative warning from a mod about it. Trust me, if you were going to be banned, you would have been told, then banned. The mods are here to help and keep things orderly and smooth. I'm not coming down on ya, just shedding a little light.
Old 02-14-06, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Now that we've solved this one, could someone help me with a movie title? All I know is that the movie involves snakes and some form of air transportation, probably a helicopter or a plane although a zeppelin is not out of the question. Sorry this is so sketchy, but any ideas?
Old 02-14-06, 01:44 PM

indiana jones!!!!!! ha!ha!ha!
Old 02-14-06, 02:19 PM

LoL, I was gonna say that... Before I realized the awesomeness of Snakes on a Plane...
Old 02-14-06, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike
Welcome to the forums!

Maybe, but most likely not as it will probably be a Region 2 release. Of course, all you would need to watch it here would be a DVD player with multi-region and PAL to NTSC capability. Hang around the International and DVD Hardware forums to learn about those.

Oh yeah, snarky language like

"(much to my shame, I guess I commited some sort of horrible sin, what was I thinking posting this question about a "movie" that I hoped to find on "DVD" in both the movie and DVD section, my carelessness could have crashed this web site, perhaps even bogged down the entire internet, I wondered why the lights flickered and dimmed) I suppose now I will be banished from this site and forced to live a life of shame."

is much more likely to get you in hot water around here than a minor thing like crossposting. I assume you got a polite and informative warning from a mod about it. Trust me, if you were going to be banned, you would have been told, then banned. The mods are here to help and keep things orderly and smooth. I'm not coming down on ya, just shedding a little light.
They locked down the thread where I had also posted it, acting like I had used profanity or threatened some one or something like that. I had a question about a movie that I hoped to also find on DVD, so common sense told me to post it in both related areas. If the moderators who totally overreacted can't take a little bit of sarcasm done in a humious manner then I don't know what to tell them, except maybe take that stick out of your rear and you wont be so uptight.

You know the members here have been super nice and very helpful, too bad I can't say anything nice about the moderators!

Also just for those that may be interested I ordered a VHS version of the movie through Amazon last night, I expect to have in in less than a week.

The moderators should be more concerned about spamming, flaming, profanity, threats, etc. than someone honestly try to get some help on a legitimate question of a topic that is related to this forums topic.

Ban me if you like, I really dont care, if the truth bothers you then that is not my problem, but yours.

Now I will step down from my soap box.

Again I will thank the MEMBERS of this forum for their help.
Old 02-14-06, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wilk, please don't take it too personally. The mods probably just wanted to cut down on duplicate threads, and since your question was more about the movie than the DVD, they decided to keep this thread open and close the other one. Again, don't take it personally; everyone has had threads shut down for one reason or another. Also, insulting them is only going to cause more trouble for you. Just go with the flow. If you have a specific complain though, you can post it in the Feedback Forum, but in this case, it is probably best to let it go.
Old 02-15-06, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 504 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMrWilk
...If the moderators who totally overreacted
pot to kettle, over

Lighten up, Francis, we all get along here. Mostly...mostly.