Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Was the N64 faultless?

T1000
02-12-06, 01:18 PM
To me, this is the perfect console. It was had some crappy games, but so has any other consoles.

The games that are good on most consoles are perfect on this one.

Ocarina Of Time
Goldeneye
Mario 64
Perfect Dark

Easily N64's greatest titles, but are four of the greatest games ever made in their own right.

I've had nealry every console from the last 20 years, but I haven't found any games that have come close to those four.

Even the good games on N64 are brilliant compared to other systems.

Donkey Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Majora's Mask
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Banjo & Kazooie
Mario Party

It's just the complete console. The Gamecube is good and all, but it didn't produce the quality of games that a system made 5 years before could.

tenaciousdave
02-12-06, 01:33 PM
The N64 did have some of the best games ever made, but every single title in both list was made by either Nintendo or Rare.

The problem with the N64 was that it lacked a quality library besides those titles. The Gamecube has the same problem.

sdcrym
02-12-06, 01:35 PM
Goldeneye was great for its time, but it totally sucks by today's standards. When was the last time you played it?

The Bus
02-12-06, 01:37 PM
The N64 had a lot of faults. It lacked a lot of quality games and only a small handful have been able to stand the test of time. Compare it to the SNES for example and there's no comparison.

(I'd say the same about the PsOne and Saturn, all the first-generation all-3D consoles were pretty disappointing).

Ralph Wiggum
02-12-06, 01:39 PM
To answer the original question: No.

I loved Nintendo's output on the system, but one game every six months just doesn't cut it. I do agree that it was better than the Cube, though.

deadlax
02-12-06, 01:42 PM
Great titles with no mention of Blast Corps or Pilotwings? For shame.

TheMadMonk
02-12-06, 03:20 PM
Faultless? No. Bad Controller, imho, and terrible texture quality in most games.

But, it did have some very good games.

darkside
02-12-06, 03:27 PM
I am not a fan of the N64. It did have a handful of some of the greatest games ever made. However, it had horrible third party support and even Nintendo's releases were months apart. My N64 mostly collected dust and I haven't touched it years. I have been much happier with the GameCube and feel its a much better overall console. Even though it didn't have the third party support of the PS2 it still had many times the third party games the N64 did. The Cube also has a very wide array of quality games and I would take the Cube over the N64 every time.

Josh H
02-12-06, 04:36 PM
The controller was a little suspect (mainly the analog stick wore out after a while).

But the game library was stellar. It was lacking on third parties, but I could probably count on both my hands the third part games I've liked in the past 2 gens anyway, so no big deal for me.

sureAV421
02-12-06, 04:56 PM
well my 64 got alot of re-play as i had to re-play Zelda and Mario 64 a bunch of times due to the dry spell of good games. I loved the controller and the rumble, but the game boxes and lack of 3rd party support hurt it.

Superboy
02-12-06, 04:56 PM
The same deal with the Cube happened with the N64. It's a system definitely worth buying, but you only play those "must-have" games every 6 months. The PS2 is the same deal as the PSo. You play a few games every month, but they're not really classics nor are they timeless the way Cube games are.

Mr. Cinema
02-12-06, 05:18 PM
I enjoyed the NES and SNES alot more than the N64.

Maxflier
02-12-06, 05:31 PM
It had a retarded controller IMO, so no.

Chris_D
02-12-06, 06:02 PM
By far the best version of Mariokart on a console. Nuff said.

Jeremy517
02-12-06, 06:04 PM
It had some very good/great games. The actual hardware was not very good though.

littlefuzzy
02-12-06, 06:11 PM
It had even less RPGs than the X-Box... :(

Michael Corvin
02-12-06, 06:38 PM
brought analog control to the masses.
Brought rumble to controllers.
standardized the multiplayer experience.
introduced the pseudo-dual analog control to the FPS genre with Turok.
First party games were perfection.
rare games were perfection.
No load times.

All I see are ++++'s, no faults.

Nintendo preached quality over quantity on the N64 and that is what they delivered.

T1000
02-12-06, 07:12 PM
I was actually playing Goldeneye with my bro earlier. It's still awesome.

Oddjob vs Jaws with bazooka's.

Outlaw
02-12-06, 07:14 PM
Faultless is going a little too far, but I do agree it had some incredible games, not to mention games that have set standards which are copied by almost every big developer out there, such as Analog control, the 3D platformer (mario 64), the targeting system in Zelda: OoT, popularized four player games on home consoles, the list goes on. Maybe you should have said "one of my favorites," Looking back its easy to see faults in just about anything comparing between gens, especially in something like technology.

I still remember playing Goldeneye and Mario Kart 64 for hours on weekend nights with my friends, ordering some latenight pizza and cold beer. It doesn't get much better than that.

And the N64 was also the last system to get a Goemon game (there were 2), I loved that series.

Blitz6Speed
02-12-06, 07:33 PM
When i think of nintendos big failures, i think of the N64. And of course the Virtual Boy, but this is a N64 thread. I never got used to the controls in zelda on it, they were clunky and had way too many buttons. The whole goldeneye craze passed me by since i truely cant enjoy a FPS game (And ive tried countless times, i just dont see the fun in them?). Mario 64 was super repetative imo, and truely i didnt find a single good game on the whole system. It collected dust way to long. NES/Snes were colossul triumphs vs N64/GC which to me were flops (GC is 100x better then n64 tho).

Thats just my opinion tho =)

devynal
02-12-06, 07:35 PM
The Nintendo 64 did have some great games: Goldeneye, Zelda OOT, Perfect Dark, but I could never really get over the blurred texturing the N64 produced.

tor_greg
02-12-06, 07:47 PM
If by "faultless" you mean "worst Nintendo console ever made," then sure.

T1000
02-12-06, 08:05 PM

Gamecube holds that award :)

I actually found a fault with it.

Superman 64.

That game was terrible.

Chris_D
02-12-06, 08:34 PM
I definitely got more enjoyment out of the N64 than the GC. Still, the GC's rpg library sure kicked it's ass..

Negatives with the n64? I did get tired about the lack of texture detail in nearly every first party game. And the fogging? Bleh.. The controller wasn't great but I certainly got used to it in the end. I guess there's the rpgs as well.. still I just bought a ps1 and mainly bought rpgs for that :).

Chris_D
02-12-06, 08:36 PM

Mario 64 >> Sunshine
Mario Kart 64 >> Doubledash
OoT >> Celda :p

msdmoney
02-12-06, 08:45 PM
I am a big fan of the N64, mainly because of some of the great games it had. Zelda OoT is my favorite game of all time.

But faultless it is not. Lacking third party support was its biggest fault.

I think the gamecube is a better console, but I don't think it has the revolutionary games that the N64 had.

Tarantino
02-12-06, 09:13 PM
Goldeneye was great for its time, but it totally sucks by today's standards. When was the last time you played it?

I hope you're joking. There still has yet to be an FPS better than Goldeneye.

I think if they remade Goldeneye for one of the current consoles and enabled online multiplayer with a few new maps, levels, and weapons, it'd be the best selling game of all time.

I played Goldeneye just yesterday...yep, still fantastic.

= J

Supermallet
02-12-06, 09:41 PM
The N64 was good, but it was no SNES. That is still Nintendo's crowning achievement. Matio 64 is not as good as Super Mario World. Ocarina of Time is definitely better than Link To The Past, but Link To The Past is still an amazing, excellent game. And the SNES just had so many high quality titles that the N64's library is just paltry in comparison.

And I don't get all the bashing of the Gamecube. There are plenty of great titles for it. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart DD (which IS better than the N64 version), Super Smash Bros. Melee (which is better than the N64 SSB), Resident Evil 4, Pikmin, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem, etc. Its biggest fault was that any game that was on all 3 systems hurt them because it couldn't compare graphically to the Xbox, and it didn't have the numbers PS2 did. But it's my most-played console.

Chris_D
02-12-06, 10:15 PM
Mario Kart DD (which IS better than the N64 version),

Your opinion not mine. Despite the slow down issues the n64 version is definitely more playable than the GC.

darkside
02-12-06, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I loved Mario Kart 64 and played it to death, but the Cube and DS versions bored me to tears. To each his own, but I still consider the N64 version the best.

RichC2
02-12-06, 10:40 PM
N64 was hardly faultless. It was the first console to provide clean polygons, if overly blurry, and I give it that. I've always liked the N64 and been supportive of it (and the Dreamcast) but the games haven't stood the test of time the same way game systems before it did.

Mario 64 is great for the occasional nostalgia, but hell, I didn't even enjoy it that much the first time through (entirely too repetitive), sadly, the Mario 64 was used in almost all the Rare platform games, and they all suffered from the same quick reptitive nature.

Zelda:tOoT stands up well, it's a unique adventure with terrific execution.

Goldeneye, imho, hasn't stood the test of time. Great for the occasional nostalgic revisit and it did pave the way for the FPS console standards, but the technology itself wasn't completely there. At the time though, absolutely terrific.

Mario Kart 64 was fun, and still is fun, though no where near as good as the original or DS. Mario Party was always incredibly overrated in my book, the minigames just weren't very fun, but again, a good idea.

It just doesn't rank up there with the SNES, NES, and Genesis in my book for games I tend to revisit. And Nintendo kind of has a standard of using their key titles and making them the gems of their systems, and they are. While Mario has been lackluster this generation, Metroid Prime was a fantastic reinvention of that series. Mario Kart DD was an improvement over the 64 rendition, but not as drastic a change as the SNES to 64. Plus, I didn't like the Rare platformers, they all felt like the same game and tended to get old very, very quickly.

Additional, it housed Superman 64. That alone gives it a -5 to perfection. And the 3rd party hype -> games and continual delays for ultimately subpar products definitely hurt it (I'm looking at you, Hybrid Heaven). So basically, it was a system with a few original games that influenced current generation games (Mario 64, Zelda, Goldeneye, and to a lesser extent, Turok), and a few games that were fun then and are still fun now (Zelda, Mario Kart 64, Tetrisphere).

Supermallet
02-12-06, 10:48 PM
Your opinion not mine. Despite the slow down issues the n64 version is definitely more playable than the GC.

I spent so many hours playing both the SNES and GC versions of Mario Kart (and now DS), but not too many playing the N64 version at all.

Josh H
02-12-06, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I loved Mario Kart 64 and played it to death, but the Cube and DS versions bored me to tears. To each his own, but I still consider the N64 version the best.

I didn't care for the cube version much, but loved the DS one. I think you're the first I've seen that loved the N64 version and hated the DS one. The DS is mainly that game with more and better tracks IMO.

The online was a let down since battle mode isn't available though.

Lastblade
02-12-06, 11:13 PM
N64 = blurry textures.

Not a bad system, certainly had some classics that will be enjoyable for years to come. But for the sheer number of awesome games, it is way behind Saturn/PSX, and rate it dead last for Nintendo systems (aside from Virtual Boy). SNES/NES >>>>>>> N64

HN
02-12-06, 11:44 PM
Mario Kart on N64 got my roommates and i through two years of college so it will always hold a special place in my gaming history.

Chris_D
02-13-06, 01:37 AM
I didn't care for the cube version much, but loved the DS one. I think you're the first I've seen that loved the N64 version and hated the DS one. The DS is mainly that game with more and better tracks IMO.

The online was a let down since battle mode isn't available though.

I've only just got the DS version but it seems good so far. Holding down the 'A' button to accelerate all the time kind of cramps my hand though. However just putting the 'jump' move back in means it romps all over the GC version. And thankfully they got rid of that naff 2 characters per kart gimmick.

The thing that frustrates me is in the 'classic' tracks they include a bunch of lame ass snes and gba tracks, to the exclusion of the awesome n64 tracks (they did include banshee boardwalk so I won't hunt them down). The snes tracks are all flat and samey (as you'd expect considering the hardware they were developed on) when there are so many classic n64 tracks I would have rather seen. Oh well.

Chris_D
02-13-06, 01:42 AM
I spent so many hours playing both the SNES and GC versions of Mario Kart (and now DS), but not too many playing the N64 version at all.

Ah, so you didn't play it enough to discover its charms :).

Everyone who I used to do mario kart 64 marthons with back in the day has had trouble getting into the cube version. Apart from that, I remember playing snes mario kart back when it came out and it didn't excite me much. I preferred f-zero on the snes.

Supermallet
02-13-06, 02:53 AM
F-Zero was fun on the SNES. It blew on the Cube, though.

T1000
02-13-06, 05:55 AM

I think if they remade Goldeneye for one of the current consoles and enabled online multiplayer with a few new maps, levels, and weapons, it'd be the best selling game of all time.

= J

That sums exactly how I feel about the game.

What was everyone's opinion on Majora's Mask?

sracer
02-13-06, 08:27 AM
What I really appreciated about the N64 were the "open worlds" like Mario World, Wave Race, PilotWing, and San Francisco Rush.

chess
02-13-06, 08:39 AM
As a consumer who buys Nintendo systems almost exclusively for first party Nintendo games...and one who accepts that as an inherent flaw, I can say that I thought the N64 was groundbreaking on many levels and was home to 2-3 of my favorite games of all time, Mario 64, OOT, and maybe Goldeneye (a FPS for people who hate FPSs).

It wasn't perfect by a long shot though.

1. Nintendo didn't see the writing on the wall that cartridges were a dead medium. Too limited and too expensive. In their defense, the SNES and N64 are the only consoles that I keep in my little guy's room BECAUSE of the cartridges.

2. There was also the issue of limited polygons and the inevitable hiding of faults with fog effects.

3. Third party support was lacking

But I can really sum up the N64's biggest problem in two little words:

NO. METROID.

The SNES and the Gamecube are damn near perfect though. :up:

chess
02-13-06, 08:50 AM

= J

I hate FPS's...and I do mean hate...Goldeneye was the first one I actually liked...and liked a lot.

That said, there is a better one now (maybe not for multiplayer though).

Metroid Prime.

Michael Corvin
02-13-06, 08:52 AM
Ah, so you didn't play it enough to discover its charms :).

Everyone who I used to do mario kart 64 marthons with back in the day has had trouble getting into the cube version. Apart from that, I remember playing snes mario kart back when it came out and it didn't excite me much. I preferred f-zero on the snes.

I agree. Marathon is an understatement. It would be impossible to even try and cacluate how many hours my friends and I logged into those four player matches. Same with Goldeneye. Mario Kart: DD blew chunks by comparison.

Puzznic
02-13-06, 09:24 AM
Mariokart 64 is a really broken and badly designed game in a lot of ways. It can still be alot of fun with 4 players though. Double Dash is MUCH better for racing than MK64 but the battle mode isn't as good. I hate the mini-boost aspect of both games.

The SNES Mario Kart is pretty much a flat out perfect game. They need to tweek this game for 4 players and put it online on the Revolution virtual console. I would love Nintendo forever if they did that.

PixyJunket
02-13-06, 09:31 AM
I never had an N64 and was quite appalled with the 3D versions of Mario and Zelda at the time. It was a period of culture shock for me, I admit. Going back and played both Zelda games on the Cube and Mario on the DS I can appreciate them now, though I thought Mario Sunshine was 100 times better than 64 and had Wind Waker had more substance to it, it would have surpassed both of its N64 counterparts as well. I borrowed an N64 when it was still active to play Paper Mario and Kirby and I enjoyed both immensely. However, that's about all I've ever had interest in on the 64.

I'm actually glad Metroid survived the first-generation 3D era.. I throw up a little every time I think about what it would have looked like.

matome
02-13-06, 09:35 AM
I bought it just for Goldeneye, then when Perfect Dark came out for it, it was extra gravy. :up:

chess
02-13-06, 10:43 AM
I'm actually glad Metroid survived the first-generation 3D era.. I throw up a little every time I think about what it would have looked like.

I don't know...

If they'd attempted something in true 3D, it probably would have been horrendous, but something on rails could have looked nice while still adding SOME depth.

Think Metroid Fusion meets Crash Bandicoot...but in a good way.

tor_greg
02-13-06, 11:33 AM
I haven't played Sunshine, but I've heard from enough people how mediocre it is.
I think Doubledash is better than Mario 64 (64 always seemed slow and clunky to me, I even like the original better, making 64 my least favorite Kart).
I'd put Ocarina and Wind Waker on the same pedestal. Both great.

Anyway. You just listed the only N64 games worth having. Congrats!

fujishig
02-13-06, 12:34 PM
Hey, the wrestling games were all excellent as well... :)

Ginwen
02-13-06, 12:42 PM
For the games I play (mostly RPG-type games) worst console ever. Out of all the consoles I have, it got the least play, and had the fewest games I had any interest in.

T1000
02-13-06, 01:22 PM

Yup!

No Mercy was brilliant as was WCW/NWO Revenge.

Puzznic
02-13-06, 01:32 PM

I'm still waiting for an online wrestling that comes anywhere close to the Asmik wrestling games on N64.

darkside
02-13-06, 02:48 PM
I'm hoping the Asmik wrestling games are all available on the Revolution because those will be purchased immediately. Nothing I have played since compares to those.

FRwL
02-13-06, 03:56 PM
The N64 was more enjoyable to me than the Gamecube. Oot was named the greatest game of all time so i think the system is faultless on that part.

T1000
02-13-06, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I don't rate the Gamecube that highly.

Wind Waker - Nothing compared to OOT
Mario Sunshine - ditto

Metroid was excellent, but titles like Mario Kart were better on the N64.

theneobez
02-13-06, 05:09 PM
No way, N64 was a good party system and had some great games, but overall the dearth of games really hurt it. I put my SNES and Playstation above it. Dreamcast was out for half the time the 64 was out, and it actually had a few more games released.

Wick
02-13-06, 06:20 PM
I look back on the N64 as the best times I've had in my gaming career. It had many excellent games that were a lot of fun, including Harvest Moon 64, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Zelda OOT/Majora's Mask, Body Harvest, etc. I'm not a big fan of wrestling, but I loved the WCW vs. NWO games that came out, for the '64. 1080 Snowboarding was also amazing, and it's a lot better than its Gamecube sequel.

I've had several systems over the years - SNES, N64, PSX, Gamecube and PS2. Out of them all, I've had the most fun with my N64. It was an excellent system, that had amazing multiplayer games. Most of its greatness has been carried over into the Gamecube, though. Although I've really enjoyed playing my PS2 (and PSX - although I got it late in the game), I've had the most fun with Nintendo systems, overall.

Chris_D
02-13-06, 10:55 PM
I admit the N64 doesn't stand up that well in terms of numbers, but I haven't had more multiplayer fun on any other console. Even taking it in turns on blastcorps was a, well blast ;).

dcswirl
02-13-06, 11:18 PM

My thoughts exactly. It all starts with the controller, I don't care how good the games are. That controller was horrible.

T1000
02-14-06, 05:47 AM
How would you compare it to XBoxs' original controller?

Tarantino
02-14-06, 07:51 AM
My thoughts exactly. It all starts with the controller, I don't care how good the games are. That controller was horrible.

I disagree, I think it's the best controller I've ever played with.

= J

chess
02-14-06, 08:07 AM

= J

While I can't support this statement entirely, I will say that it remains the only controller to get analog right, and it probably had the best button layout ever.

If nothing else, it was absurdly innovative.

gimmepilotwings
02-14-06, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig
Hey, the wrestling games were all excellent as well...

I'm still waiting for an online wrestling that comes anywhere close to the Asmik wrestling games on N64.

Many, many good times with WCW/NWO Revenge. There was also Fire Pro Wrestling for the importers out there. Good stuff.

I cannot mention N64 without mentioning Pilot Wings though. Damn you Nintendo for scrapping the GC version.

Michael Corvin
02-14-06, 09:40 AM

= J

I also concur. Before the 360 came out I'd put the N64 pad in second, just below the Wavebird. MS has done an amazing job with the 360 controller though, so the N64 pad has dropped to third on my all time list.

I hate wrestling, but my friends were into it at the time, so count me in as another fan of the WCW/NWO - World Tour/Revenge fans.

theneobez sums it up in one line above.
N64 was a good party system

There were some great single player games (Blast Corps, Pilotwings, Jet Force Gemini, Mario, Zelda, etc.) BUT the multiplayer games MADE the system. No one has come close to that yet as far as a wide range of great 4 player titles. Sure MS has Halo/Halo 2, but that is where it begins and ends. The Gamecube didn't come close either.

T1000
02-14-06, 11:19 AM
I loved the controller. I loved the layout of all the buttons and where the analog was situated. It was perfect.

I must now go and play WCW Revenge :(

Chris_D
02-14-06, 03:20 PM
I actually had a huge amount of 4 player fun with Fuzion Frenzy on xbox, that game deserved a sequel.

FRwL
02-14-06, 04:19 PM
The N64 controller was beautiful. It was the pioneer of the comfy ergonomic controllers which of course are mandatory for every system now.

Harvest Moon 64 people say is THE best game in the Harvest series.

Tarantino
02-14-06, 05:34 PM
Many, many good times with WCW/NWO Revenge. There was also Fire Pro Wrestling for the importers out there.

I think you're meaning the Virtual Pro Wrestling series, not Fire Pro. I had VPW2, and it rocked...still my favorite wrestling game of all time.

= J

UAIOE
02-14-06, 11:35 PM
The N64 controller was beautiful. It was the pioneer of the comfy ergonomic controllers which of course are mandatory for every system now.

Did you just say "comfy" in the same sentence as "N64 controller"?

The controller was horrible, and the placement of that analog stick in the center was terrible. I honestly couldn't hold that thing for more than a short while before my hands started cramping up.

Placement of vital controls in such close quarters is definatly a fault.

Michael Corvin
02-14-06, 11:49 PM
^ You know you are supposed to hold your left hand on the middle prong, right? I only ask because I had a friend that played holding the two outer ones. I imagine that would be cramp inducing.

FRwL
02-15-06, 01:09 AM
He has alien hands.

Chris_D
02-15-06, 06:43 AM
Yeah I started out playing from the two outer prongs for a while and yes it did hurt. Once I worked out what you were supposed to do it was a breeze!

dcswirl
02-15-06, 07:27 AM
How would you compare it to XBoxs' original controller?

I didn't use it. I went straight to the Mad Catz Pro.

UAIOE
02-16-06, 11:14 PM
^ You know you are supposed to hold your left hand on the middle prong, right? I only ask because I had a friend that played holding the two outer ones. I imagine that would be cramp inducing.

Yes, that would be why i said it sucked to have all the controls in such close quarters.

That analog stick should have been placed where the d-pad was or the controller should have been redesigned so the stick wasnt so close to the A,B,C(?) buttons. I saw a 3rd party pad that was like this but the controller was total junk (Performance or something similar).

Wick
02-18-06, 01:32 AM
I was a part of the minority that held the controller by the left and right prongs. I never had any problems, and I actually found it more comfortable. I don't know how, though.

T1000
02-18-06, 04:35 AM
I was a part of the minority that held the controller by the left and right prongs. I never had any problems, and I actually found it more comfortable. I don't know how, though.

Me too.

I used the analog with my thumb.

huh?
02-18-06, 07:18 AM
I liked the N64 controller. It is 2nd only to the Wavebird in comfort and design. Again, that my opinion, but I've never had any cramping with either of those controllers. Button layout on the N64 controller was pure genius. In my view, controller design is one thing Nintendo has never done wrong, and is always being copied by their competitors. They had shoulder buttons first, analog sticks first, and had the first sucessful wireless controller. Now all of these are standards.

Michael Corvin
02-18-06, 03:29 PM
I used the analog with my thumb.

As opposed to what appendage? That is the same way 100% of the population plays. :nopanic:

Bluebomber
02-18-06, 04:45 PM
The n64 had a ton of problems, biggest of which was the sheer amount of time between game releases. Followed by the type of games being released, just wasn't enough variety. Quality vs Quantity sounds nice on paper and all but seeing it play out with the n64 it really doesn't work. Of course you have people who said at the time that oh Sony just let any piece of crap get put on the playstation but playing the numbers game that is how they ended up with dozens of stellar titles while nintendo only managed 4 or 5.

The games themselves had some pretty bad textures at times along with the dreaded fog , which i'll give some credit to Superman 64 for coming up with an amusing excuse for it. My own take on the controller, you know what I never had a problem with it. That is until I got a gamecube, then after awhile I went back to fire up the n64, and completely forgot how the hell you're supposed to hold it. It felt super awkward compared to the cube controller, whether that is a fault or not I can't really say since originally I had no problems with it.

Josh H
02-18-06, 04:50 PM
To clarify, I though the layout of the N64 controller was great. The stick was just crap as the plastic ground on itself and it eventually lost sensitivity overtime (and much quicker than this gen's analog sticks).

Michael Corvin
02-18-06, 09:29 PM
while nintendo only managed 4 or 5.

:eek: Did you own a 64? I could name almost two dozen must own titles.

T1000
02-18-06, 09:50 PM
N64 had 30+ games that where awesome.

They had 3 top games that where 3 of the very best though.

PJsig08
02-25-06, 04:53 PM
Wow pretty funny. I remember when topics were being written, on this board, about how shitty the N64 was and good games came twice a year.

That being said, Super Smash Brothers is my favorite game of all time (I think) along with Goldeneye and Mario 64. Those were some amazing games.