Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Original ASIA to reform for 25th Anniversary CD/DVD/Tour

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a fan of this band and all 10 (yes 10) albums they have released, including their newest "Silent Nation" (Geoff Downes, Chris Slade, John Payne and Guthrie Govan).

Now word is the newest CD "Architect of Time" is being put on hold while the original members (Wetton, Downes, Palmer,Howe) reform.

FEBRUARY 1, 2006---The response to the Asia 25th anniversary news has been overwhelming to say the very least! To further feed the frenzy, we can now confirm that the original four Asia members (Downes, Howe, Palmer, Wetton) will indeed be recording a CD and DVD as well as planning a world tour to celebrate this milestone with their fans. Stay tuned for the very latest info.
Old 02-10-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not that I mind at all- I'm a huge fan and Never got to see the original lineup- but wouldn't their actual 25th anniversary be 2007? Why announce so early?

Or are they considering 1981 their first year? But Asia came out in 1982.

Hopefully they'll spring for some new Roger Dean artwork for the cover. I've missed that on ther albums...

-jason
Old 02-10-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wonder if "Heat of the Moment" and the Asia poster being featured in the 40 year old Virgin helped contribute to this.