Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough" -- 02/08/06

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough" -- 02/08/06

"Ain't No Magic Mountain High Enough" Episode #213.
Spoiler:
Veronica finds herself defending Jackie as she tries to locate the thief who absconded with the money for the senior class trip.

Cast: Kristen Bell, Percy Daggs III, Teddy Dunn, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Enrico Colantoni, Tessa Thompson.
Producer(s): Joel Silver, Rob Thomas.

Original Airdate: February 8, 2006.
Old 02-08-06, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Word is that Mac is making an appearance tonight.
Old 02-08-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have always kind of wondered why and how Joel Silver got involved with the show. Knowing the kind of movies he normally produces (matrix, house of wax ect) this doesn't seem up his ally.

Originally Posted by TheAllPurposeNothing
Word is that Mac is making an appearance tonight.
and that is always good news. Why not make her a regular (and regarding season 1, have they gone back to the plot thread of her being switched at birth?)
Old 02-08-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And for those interested, Bell is the maxim cover girl this month (and from what i've seen on rip, they seem to be more lets just say "classier" then usual.
Old 02-08-06, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I have always kind of wondered why and how Joel Silver got involved with the show. Knowing the kind of movies he normally produces (matrix, house of wax ect) this doesn't seem up his ally.

and that is always good news. Why not make her a regular (and regarding season 1, have they gone back to the plot thread of her being switched at birth?)
I would love them to pick that thread up again.
Would love to see more of Mac.
Did you know Tina Majorino has her own band called The AM Project. Not bad.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=32384417
Old 02-08-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tonight's episode was a pretty fun whodunit.

"Ta-daaaaaa!!!"

Having Keith learn the cold, hard truth of his baseball idol was like watching that caveman kick the baby dino in the Fedex commercial.

So now we get VM and Jackie to start having each other's backs. At least Wallace was humane about that dunk booth (or he really can't throw a softball).

Beaver's get-back at Dick was good for some laughs. Logan doesn't deserve Hannah, what a cutie (who was her dad?)
Old 02-08-06, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone else notice "next weeks" trailer/preview was this weeks episode????
Old 02-08-06, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't put my finger on it, but something seemed strange about this episode to me.

Gotta love Beaver and Meg pulling one over on Dick, even if it's not the hardest thing in the world to do.

Did my affiliate screw it up, or did UPN just show the preview for this week's episode, billing it as next week's episode?
Old 02-08-06, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I would love them to pick that thread up again.
Would love to see more of Mac.
Did you know Tina Majorino has her own band called The AM Project. Not bad.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=32384417

band sounds really good!
Old 02-08-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The preview shown was from last week of this week's episode. Doh!
Old 02-08-06, 11:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My how the plot thickens. I was sitting there contemplating why in the world would Logan be all over that giggly girl. Then when I saw who her dad was, hello! Light bulb going off!!! He was the guy who saw Logan on the bridge, right?
Old 02-09-06, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, I wasn't fully alert during this episode. I'm a little confused. Weevil stole the money? So what was with the teacher who hid the money in the ceiling?
Old 02-09-06, 12:52 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by pelenor
My how the plot thickens. I was sitting there contemplating why in the world would Logan be all over that giggly girl. Then when I saw who her dad was, hello! Light bulb going off!!! He was the guy who saw Logan on the bridge, right?
VERY interesting...
Old 02-09-06, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I can't put my finger on it, but something seemed strange about this episode to me.
I think one factor was that this was perhaps the first episode to occur in a short amount of time (a few hours?), so it almost felt as if it was happening in real time with all of the stories continually intertwining in the same location, except for Keith's. I liked how Veronica had only her wits to use in this one, and no help from her trusty PC or her sidekicks for the most part, even though they were all around.

Here's a preview for next week's episode, I'm not sure how spoiler heavy it is since I'm paraphrasing from Neptune Site:

Spoiler:
2.14 - Versatile Toppings
Muggings of pizza delivery men are affecting Neptune High's gay students. Meanwhile, Keith investigates the bus crash, while Logan and Hannah have a date on the sly. Tina Majorino guest stars again as Mac.

Also, Rob Thomas must be an Arrested Development fan based on episode 16, airing on March 1st:

Spoiler:
Michael Cera (George-Michael Bluth) and Alia Shakwat (Maeby Funke) guest star.

Last edited by NitroJMS; 02-09-06 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-09-06, 02:22 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hahn
Okay, I wasn't fully alert during this episode. I'm a little confused. Weevil stole the money? So what was with the teacher who hid the money in the ceiling?
I was confused about that and some other things too. Why would they let Thumper go? Even if the drugs were nothing, they would still think he stole some of the money right? Also, why does Veronica not turning Weevil in make the difference between the 2 trips?
Old 02-09-06, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by hahn
Weevil stole the money to frame Thumper. However Weevil only stole $3,000 instead of $12,000. The rest of the money had already been stolen by the teacher before the cash box ever got to Veronica.
Old 02-09-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
Weevil stole the money to frame Thumper. However Weevil only stole $3,000 instead of $12,000. The rest of the money had already been stolen by the teacher before the cash box ever got to Veronica.
Yeah, the teacher was "skimming" off the top...Good call on Hannah's dad. I knew I had seen him before but couldnt figure out where exactly. I was thinking maybe he was a Fitzpatrick or something.
Old 02-09-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

After being meh on the last few, I liked that one a lot. It wasnt especially groundbreaking or anything, but it was the first episode in a long time that gave me that season one "Veronica Mars is smarter than me and will right all wrongs" feeling. I liked having that feeling back. Plus, the other characters (and my Mac!) were involved but clearly secondary to Veronica...as it should be. I like them better that way. Plus, Daddy Mars had some good stuff to work with and did great of course. Good, good stuff. It all made me feel good about my show again.
Old 02-09-06, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I got the feeling that the total amount in Thumper's locker and in the ceiling that had been skimmed by the teacher was less than the total amount, the remaining bit Weevil kept and used to purchase the car he showed up in.
Old 02-09-06, 01:46 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

If the teacher was skimming off the top, why would she keep the money at the school?
Old 02-09-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Since she stole it and hid it during the fair, she had no chance to hide it off-campus.

Back to Keith and the baseball player, I guess I've forgotten but how did the police connect him to the bus crash?
Old 02-09-06, 03:24 PM

Good episode. Dick making out with a guy was so bloody funny. Go Cassidy.

I knew that Logan got a girlfriend and that there was some underlying reason, but that's just brilliant. He's a tricky bastard, innit he?

Weevil buddying up with stoner dude was weird but funny.
Old 02-09-06, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was a pretty good episode, although it was a bit Nancy Drewish for me.
Old 02-10-06, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movieking
This was a pretty good episode, although it was a bit Nancy Drewish for me.
But even when it is, that "Veronica charm" makes up for it. "ta-daaa"
Old 02-10-06, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by nny
I was confused about that and some other things too. Why would they let Thumper go? Even if the drugs were nothing, they would still think he stole some of the money right? Also, why does Veronica not turning Weevil in make the difference between the 2 trips?
Because Weevil kept some of the money to buy that car. Leaving enough to go to Space Mountain but not enough to go to Catalina. Which would be much more expensive.

I got the impression that most of the money in the cieling had been stolen before the fair.

Also Hannah's dad is not the actual witness but the guy lying about being the witness.

Oh and damn that Hannah is a cute.

This was easily my favorite episode of the season. It just seemed more focus. Hopefully we are done with the clusterfuck that was the first half the season where the writers seemed to be handcuffed by casting budget problems and can get on with the story.

Last edited by sven; 02-10-06 at 06:44 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.