TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Love Monkey - 02/07/06

Old 02-07-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Love Monkey - 02/07/06

"Confidence"
Spoiler:
The production of Wayne's first music video spins out of control when Tom hires an up-and-coming director whose personal motives jeopardize the project.

Cast: Tom Cavanagh, Jason Priestley, Larenz Tate, Christopher Wiehl, Judy Greer, Ivana Milicevic, Katherine LaNasa.
Director(s): John Fortenberry.
Producer(s): Mark Johnson, Michael Rauch, John Wirth.
Writer(s): Melissa Rosenberg.

Love Monkey
Old 02-07-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A very solid episode. The show seems to be getting better week after week. I loved the music video shoot drama and thought the stuff with Nicky Katt was hilarious... The Cellist! Ha!

MATT
Old 02-07-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, this episode was better than the previous two. Still, there's something corny about this show and I don't find it particularly funny. Despite this though, I still tune in to watch it. I don't know why.

Actually, I did find one thing funny in this episode.
Spoiler:
When Tom is narrating about confidence and walking through NY, random people see him with his hat backwards and then turn their hats around. Come on! No one would look at that guy and think he's cool. He's one of those older guys that is still clining to his youth and trying too hard to be hip.

Seriously though, one thing I did like about this episode was
Spoiler:
the fact that Judy Greer appeared more, and that they were progressing the relationship between her and Tom a bit.

Last edited by Nosebleed; 02-07-06 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-07-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did I miss it? I thought it was on tonight?
Old 02-07-06, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A Toronto TV station aired it last night for some reason. Maybe it's on a day earlier in Canada?
Old 02-07-06, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It is on a day earlier in Canada, Monday nights at 10pm on Global.

MATT
Old 02-07-06, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Did I miss it? I thought it was on tonight?
I got a little scared that my tivo didnt record it too.
Hope people start watching.
Old 02-07-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Even though the main story was kinda predictable, there's this wayne-ness that makes it okay, gives off that soothing vibe, puts a grin on my face while watching it.
Old 02-07-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nicky Katt!!!!!!!!

I love him, where has he been?
Old 02-07-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
On Monk.
Old 02-08-06, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Nicky Katt!!!!!!!!

I love him, where has he been?
I kept wondering that too. I looked it up and he was on Boston Public.
Old 02-08-06, 12:28 AM

Solid episode. This show has a cheesy upbeat thing going and it suprisingly works.
Old 02-08-06, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bateman
Ah he was also the asshole guy in Boiler Room which is probably where I recognized him from.
Old 02-08-06, 01:18 AM

Wasn't the Late Show episode suppose to be on instead? I just watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes back-to-back and they showed the same preview at the end after each episode.
Old 02-08-06, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by MFRONE
Wasn't the Late Show episode suppose to be on instead? I just watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes back-to-back and they showed the same preview at the end after each episode.
The guide on my cable box said something like that episode was supposed to be on. At least no the one tonight.
Old 02-08-06, 02:33 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode was so annoying. It was completely obvious from the very beginning what was going to happen with the main plot. Hell, I even saw Nicky Katt's name appear in the credits and immediately thought he's going to be an annoying director that's going to screw everything up. Wayne didn't even seem that into him at first, so I don't know why Tom went along with it. Are we supposed to respect Tom for telling the director to piss off and then end up doing the thing by himself? I hate Tom for screwing everything up in the first place. Also, I like Nicky Katt, but he was terrible here and didn't have anything to work with. If they're going to go with the extremely cliched arty director, they could've at least tried to come up with some actual comedy to go with it. This episode was absolutely terrible compared to the other 2, but I did like Wapow!
Old 02-08-06, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The more I listen to "Wayne" the more he annoys me. Just another Mayer/Mraz/Blunt. His albums is coming out on the 21st and I'll probably gind a way to check it out anyway - hopefully some record store has it on a display.

As for the episode, eh. It seemed really out of place. The quirky director was just wrong. I like kat, but he was lame in this. Can't say there was really anything I really liked in the episode. Thought I still really like the show, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get axed, but I think CBS is better about these things.
Old 02-08-06, 05:58 AM

James Blunt looked tiny on the show. Hard to picture him as an army captain.

Glad they gave Chris Wiehl something to do, although it would have been nice if it was gay-related since the previouslies showed his boyfriend from the pilot episode.

Speaking of which, it was good to see Ben Shenkman. Haven't seen him since Angels in America was on 2 years ago.
Old 02-08-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nny
If they're going to go with the extremely cliched arty director, they could've at least tried to come up with some actual comedy to go with it.
I thought the best part of this, was they had the stereotypical arty director, but then we find out, the whole reason for his actions is TO LAND A BIG BUDGET HOLLYWOOD REMAKE....HE'S A TOTAL SELLOUT! I thought this was hilarious, because on most shows, the last thing the arty director would want to do is a big budget hollywood film, let alone do a remake....so I thought it was a nice spin in the end.

MATT
Old 02-08-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For some reason I didn't find this episode as good as the other two. They are trying to be roo cutsey with the dialogue and it seems forced. It just seems too obvious and contrived to me.
Tom Cavenah's character seems like a grown up Seth Cohen from The OC and that it not a good thing; Rambling his lines off like he is readin them off cue cards. Was he like this on Ed?
Why do they show everyone's home life except the guy who is gay??
And Wayne? That hair bothers me.
Old 02-08-06, 08:29 AM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Was he like this on Ed?
Yup. It's essentially the same character (which is fine because it's the only way I can picture him anyway).

Last night's episode was decent though not as solid as the first two, IMO. Predictable plot, but that wasn't really a big deal. The show works.
Old 02-08-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bateman
I meant, since he left Boston Public.

Or one my favorite roles of his, the Hitler actor in Full Frontal. He was hilarious in that.
Old 02-08-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I thought the best part of this, was they had the stereotypical arty director, but then we find out, the whole reason for his actions is TO LAND A BIG BUDGET HOLLYWOOD REMAKE....HE'S A TOTAL SELLOUT! I thought this was hilarious, because on most shows, the last thing the arty director would want to do is a big budget hollywood film, let alone do a remake....so I thought it was a nice spin in the end.

MATT
I was laughing at that Rebel Without a Cause video, because it was like Paula Abdul's "Rush Rush".
Old 02-08-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
I found it a little unrealistic that people in the music biz still think of MTV as a make or break music channel. When it's been a teen reality show channel for years. Do up & coming bands even bother with videos these days?
Old 02-08-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
hopefully some record store has it on a display.

As for the episode, eh. It seemed really out of place. The quirky director was just wrong. I like kat, but he was lame in this. Can't say there was really anything I really liked in the episode. Thought I still really like the show, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get axed, but I think CBS is better about these things.
I agree. I love Nicky Katt but he was not as funny here as I expected him to be. The only time he seemed like his snarky self was when he made the Groundhog Day comment and winked at the label chick.

Last edited by Jadzia; 02-08-06 at 09:48 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.