Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WWE announces upcoming DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-06, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWE announces upcoming DVDs

WWE has announced a list of upcoming DVDs to look for on store shelves in the coming months. In addition to the upcoming pay-per-view DVDs, the list includes:
  • Austin vs. McMahon: The Definitive Collection
  • Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon
  • Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology
  • Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story
  • The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA
  • John Cena: The Time is Now
  • The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers
  • The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story (2-disc)

Source: wwe.com
Old 02-03-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm interested to see how "definitive" Austin vs. McMahon will be. I think they tried this before, but it lasted all of 60 minutes. That's nowhere near enough time to cover all the great moments of this feud.

These are almost all "must-haves" for me. The only exceptions are Cena (which I won't get) and the Hogan & Austin vs. McMahon ones (which I'll wait to see the contents).

I'd be surprised if Dusty is the only 2-disc set. Piper certainly has enough for 2 discs, as does the AWA. Hogan has enough for at least 3.
Old 02-03-06, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What?!? I thought they were working on another Ric Flair anthology??!

I'm only interested in the Austin/McMahon (IF it's long enough), the Piper, and maybe the Dusty Rhodes one. AWA one depends on the extras. Never really got into AWA.
Old 02-03-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The evil boss vs. employee bit was great the first go around, but subsequent rehashing and Vince getting the idea that he should be one of the primary on-air characters, has left a bitter taste in my mouth on this front.

I'm there for all except Cena and the McMahon/Austin.
Old 02-03-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
What?!? I thought they were working on another Ric Flair anthology??!

I'm only interested in the Austin/McMahon (IF it's long enough), the Piper, and maybe the Dusty Rhodes one. AWA one depends on the extras. Never really got into AWA.

I watched a lot of AWA on ESPN when I was younger. That's where I got my first exposure to to Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, The Road Warriors, Shawn Michaels and many others. There were a lot of great matches during that time, so this should be a good DVD with a little work.
Old 02-03-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Al Padrino
The evil boss vs. employee bit was great the first go around, but subsequent rehashing and Vince getting the idea that he should be one of the primary on-air characters, has left a bitter taste in my mouth on this front.

I'm there for all except Cena and the McMahon/Austin.
Likewise.I would like to see the WWE purchase the UWF video library.
Old 02-03-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are some busy little beavers aren't they? Holy cow. This is a lot of material. I'll definitely buy Brian Pillman, Roddy Piper, AWA, and Dusty Rhodes. wow!!!

Austin vs. McMahon: The Definitive Collection. Ehhhhh this will just be a bunch of their "funny at the time" skits? If it has some ok bonus matches i might check it out. Did most of this take place during the attitude era? meaning a bunch of blurred logo action?

Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology. Yeah I might get this depending what's on it. If there is a bunch of wrestlemania rehash I'll pass. I always wanted to see the old "Hulk Still Rules" set.

John Cena: The Time is Now. Yeah right, actually the time is NEVER for me to buy this one.

The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers. Actually this might be ok. I'll have to wait to see what it's got on it. If they have a lot of Heenan Family and Slick material I might say yeah.
Old 02-03-06, 03:55 PM

I'll get Hogan/Piper/Rhodes/AWA

Vince/Austin will be blurred to death due it being in attitude era.

Still need to make Sting/Savage/Angle/Owen Hart/Mr Perfect/Steamboat dvd's
Old 02-03-06, 04:02 PM

Hulk Still Rules had quite a bit on there so hopefully they don't rehash it a lot. The Pillman one will be great if they put some old NWA/WCW stuff on it. His early NWA stuff with Luger was suprisingly good.
Old 02-03-06, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

All must gets for me except Cena.

I just hope that none of them take the road the Undertaker set took. I just watched the Ultimate Warrior set and was so so so disappointed in the kayfabe they put forth in the UT set. No pre-UT history (Mean Mark anyone?) and no retrospective interview footage between matches. The only thing it has going for it is my DVD debut. I was in the crowd at the Providence Civic Center for the Royal Rumble where he took on Yoko. We were in the second row.
Old 02-03-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Phineas444
Hulk Still Rules had quite a bit on there so hopefully they don't rehash it a lot.
I don't see how they can't rehash most of what was on there.
Old 02-03-06, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Also,
They must be working on a Savage set, and are probably tryong to secure him to work on it. If he doesn't agree, the second entry onto the "Self Destruction of..." series will come out.
Old 02-03-06, 04:18 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does Vince own World Class Wrestling yet ?
Old 02-03-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great news. WWE rarely disappoints me with their dvd releases. I plan on getting every one of them and eagerly await the piper, pillman, managers & dusty rhodes sets. The awa set surprises me and interests me at the same time. I know some wcw fans are probably annoyed by the news, but should be happy at the same time since this mean they may eventually get one.
Old 02-03-06, 04:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Erik68
WWE has announced a list of upcoming DVDs to look for on store shelves in the coming months. In addition to the upcoming pay-per-view DVDs, the list includes:
  • Austin vs. McMahon: The Definitive Collection
  • Brian Pillman: Loose Cannon
  • Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology
  • Born to Controversy: The Roddy Piper Story
  • The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA
  • John Cena: The Time is Now
  • The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers
  • The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story (2-disc)

Source: wwe.com

Will be getting Hulk Hogan (I already have the Hulk Still Rules DVD), Roddy Piper, and Austin v.s. McMahon, can't wait!
Old 02-03-06, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers. Actually this might be ok. I'll have to wait to see what it's got on it. If they have a lot of Heenan Family and Slick material I might say yeah.
Hopefully they'll focus a nice amount on The Grand Wizard, Blassie & Capt. Lou Albano. There's a lot of good stuff from those days.
Old 02-03-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe they bought the rights to World Class Championship Wrestling footage last year. As for UWF, that should belong to the NWA back from their merger.
Old 02-03-06, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
I think that Bill Watts ex-wife owns the rights to the UWF.Hopefully there will be some available video of General Skandor Aagbar from World Class for the Greatest Managers DVD.Did Eddie Creachman ever manage in the old WWF and who represented the original Sheik in the WWF was it Abdullah Faurook or Grand Wizard(same guy by the way)?
Old 02-03-06, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They just added ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches - Volume II to the list.

They also added the previously mentioned ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches & WWE Divas Do New York.

I think that Bill Watts ex-wife owns the rights to the UWF.
That's true. Mid-south/uwf footage wasn't shown in any of the recent dvd releases of note(warrior, jake roberts, etc.)....just pictures. She wouldn't sell it to the wwe for some reason.

WCCW is still in the works. David was quoted. Nothing finalized.
Old 02-03-06, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
Also,
They must be working on a Savage set, and are probably tryong to secure him to work on it. If he doesn't agree, the second entry onto the "Self Destruction of..." series will come out.

But for some strange reason, Savage was even berated in the Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior DVD.
Old 02-03-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I'll be getting them all.
Old 02-03-06, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Malign
Hopefully they'll focus a nice amount on The Grand Wizard, Blassie & Capt. Lou Albano. There's a lot of good stuff from those days.

What about Paul E. Dangerously? it was Heyman's tenure in WCW? the dangerous alliance?

Jim Cornette? JJ Dillon? Jimmy Hart? Bobby Heenan?

Or Female Managers, I hope WWE wont a be a sexist not including the likes of:

Miss Elizabeth
Missy Hyatt
Tammy Sytch

and will they include scott d amore of TNA? hehehe I doubt
Old 02-03-06, 08:41 PM

"WWE plans to release a DVD entitled, ‘The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers’, the DVD may possibly be a re-release of one of the manager videos the WWF released back in the 1980’s."
Old 02-03-06, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xage
What about Paul E. Dangerously? it was Heyman's tenure in WCW? the dangerous alliance?

Jim Cornette? JJ Dillon? Jimmy Hart? Bobby Heenan?

Or Female Managers, I hope WWE wont a be a sexist not including the likes of:

Miss Elizabeth
Missy Hyatt
Tammy Sytch

and will they include scott d amore of TNA? hehehe I doubt

Yeah, Heyman got his managerial start with the Dangerous Alliance in WCW. I could do without JJ Dillon, but Heenan and Cornette are must-haves... I'm looking forward to watching their discussion DVD that Ring of Honor put out. As for the women, how dare you neglect Sweet Sapphire from the list?!?!

As for D'amore, that guy is great. He reminds me of Cornette when he was just hitting his stride.
Old 02-03-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They just added ECW Blood Sport: The Most Violent Matches - Volume II to the list.
Damn. Fantastic news there. I hope they space all these releases out. I'll be broke...or I'll at least be having a very wwe dvd filled christmas.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.