Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Really paranoid

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really paranoid

I've only recently started to get a good DVD collection started (I've gone passed the 150 mark now), but I'm really paranoid about the HD-DVDs.

If I'm being honest, I don't care if the resolution is better, I'm not prepared to start my collection over.

The only thing that bothers me is are they gonna discontinue the DVD? Neither HD-DVD or Blu-Ray interests me, so I don't want to be forced into buying one because I still have hundreds of DVDs to get to complete my collection.

Being 20, I should be embracing all the new technology, but my DVD collection is priceless.
Old 02-02-06, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

HD-DVD and Blu-Ray player will be able to play regular DVD, and for now the HD format will be in the niche market. It will fill the position of laser disc back in the VHS day. At this point, I don't think we have to worry about anything.
Old 02-02-06, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forum ....

Here;s a very active current thread on this very topic:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=450784

P.S. - May I respectfully suggest that in the future you use thread titles that actually indicate what the thread is about. With a thread title like "Really Paranoid" I was expecting another of those "The damned aliens keep lurking outside my bedroom window and I'm scared they want to abduct me and make me their sex toy" threads.
Old 02-02-06, 09:23 AM

Sorry about that.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 02-02-06, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marty888
Welcome to the forum ....

Here;s a very active current thread on this very topic:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=450784

P.S. - May I respectfully suggest that in the future you use thread titles that actually indicate what the thread is about. With a thread title like "Really Paranoid" I was expecting another of those "The damned aliens keep lurking outside my bedroom window and I'm scared they want to abduct me and make me their sex toy" threads.
Get a job you loser. People can do what they want, they don't need you telling them the rules....If we want your opinion we will give it to you marty..
Old 02-02-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Billyspunk
Get a job you loser. People can do what they want, they don't need you telling them the rules....If we want your opinion we will give it to you marty..
Damn dude, who pissed in your coffee this morning?
Or are you just aggressive toward him because he owns so many DVD's?
Old 02-02-06, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by marty888
With a thread title like "Really Paranoid" I was expecting another of those "The damned aliens keep lurking outside my bedroom window and I'm scared they want to abduct me and make me their sex toy" threads.
And we really have WAY too many of those, don't we? I don't understand why people don't use the search function to find the existing "I'm being abducted" threads." Which should be in the "Other Talk" forum anyway, not here. Unless the poster successfully ties it into a discussion of "Taken" or "The 4400" on DVD.

Old 02-02-06, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am quite sure that you don't want my opinion, but there are rules for this board. One of them is no personal attacks. If you don't mellow out in your posting style, then I fear that you won't be around for much longer. Just a little friendly advice.
Old 02-02-06, 11:26 AM
Banned

I would highly suggest that you control your sarcastic attitude, and discontinue inflicting personal attacks toward other forum members before you get banned permanantly.

Didn't you read the rules regarding this matter? You better watch yourself!
Old 02-02-06, 12:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by T1000
Sorry about that.

Thanks for the welcome.
No problem. Welcome to DVDtalk Since this thread seems to be getting sidetracked by Billyspunk's comment I'm just going to close it. Please feel free to continue the topic here though http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=450784