Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Lucy and Desi Collection ----> 5/9/06

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 04:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Lucy and Desi Collection ----> 5/9/06

Davisdvd.com has a press release indicating that WB is releasing the Lucy and Desi Collection on May 9th. This set includes The Long, Long Trailer, Forever, Darling and Too Many Girls.
More info here:

http://www.davisdvd.com/news/press.html
Old 02-01-06, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was hoping it would be The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour. Do you guys think that will ever see the light of day on DVD? It's only 13 episodes.
Old 02-01-06, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Novasonic
I was hoping it would be The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour. Do you guys think that will ever see the light of day on DVD? It's only 13 episodes.

I'm sure they will come out after paramount releases season 6 of I love lucy.
Old 02-01-06, 06:15 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that. I kind of held off on getting I Love Lucy by season for now. I think it would be awesome if they released a mega boxset with all 6 seasons and all the lucy desi comedy hour episodes.
Old 02-02-06, 06:10 AM
Banned

Old 02-02-06, 04:14 PM

cool
Old 02-04-06, 12:11 AM
Banned

From dvdtimes.co.uk:

The Lucy and Desi Collection in May

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Lucy and Desi Collection for 9th May 2006. Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz -- America's quintessential comic couple best known for their long-running hit TV series "I Love Lucy" -- made only three feature films together. Those films make their long-awaited DVD debut, as Warner Home Video introduces The Lucy and Desi Collection. Included are The Long, Long Trailer, Forever, Darling and Too Many Girls, available as a boxed set for $29.92 SRP. The Long, Long Trailer and Forever, Darling will be available individually for $14.97 SRP each; Too Many Girls is exclusive to the collection. DVD extra content includes vintage MGM and WB shorts, cartoons and a 1956 excerpt from the MGM Parade television series.

Too Many Girls (1940) - Its lighter-than-air plot has spoiled heiress Connie Casey (Lucille Ball) traipsing off to college while her over-protective father secretly sends four Ivy League football stars to act as her bodyguards. In no time, the football players manage to turn tiny Pottawatomie U. into a gridiron powerhouse!

Special features include:
Frances Carroll and the Coquettes [1940 WB short]
Shop Look & Listen [1940 WB cartoon]
Theatrical Trailer

The Long, Long Trailer (1954) - Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz live happily ever after as newlyweds honeymooning in "The Long, Long Trailer," directed by Vincente Minnelli. They quickly find that the interior of a moving trailer is ideal for tossing a salad--and everything else. That backing up their 40-foot, three-ton home is only a little more difficult than threading a needle wearing boxing gloves. And, that trailer-park folks are neighbourly sorts who turn the lovebirds' rig into the wrong, wrong trailer by crashing the wedding night.

Ain’t it Aggravatin’ [1954 MGM short]
Dixieland Droopy [1954 MGM cartoon]
Theatrical Trailer

Forever, Darling (1955) - TV's "I Love Lucy" was in its fifth season when this romp gave fans more reasons to love its stars. Desi Arnaz plays Lorenzo, who heads for wide-open spaces, along with wife Susan (Lucille Ball), to test his chemical company's new product. Of course, comedy chaos ensues built on tent-raising, forest critters, inflatable rafts and other typical elements of roughing it. There is one atypical element: the angel (James Mason) who wants to rescue their troubled union.

An excerpt from Episode 22 of MGM Parade with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz [1955 TV series]
Theatrical Trailer
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=60225

Old 02-04-06, 10:54 PM

note the new slimline cases for Warners box sets. Looks like this will soon be their standard.
Old 02-07-06, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

GREAT NEWS... Love the long long trailer, and had been on the radar for to long. Glad to have a date. Not sure on the slim cases and what not....I know several of the previous warner releases had shown a thing box (Lewton, peckinpah etc.) this is however the first time I have seen a slim case artwork show up
Old 01-08-07, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

this seems to be the only warner set where the stand alone titles were also released in slim cases.
Old 01-08-07, 01:12 AM

i hope ALL future Warners set are in slimlines. hopefully they fit in the box and don't slide out like that bogie vol 2 fiasco.