Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Appreciating "November"

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Appreciating "November"

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Appreciating "November"

I caught this film last night and was blown away. How did this film get past my radar? I remember a brief theatrical run and having a vague interest in it, but I let it go and finally got around to it.

This is an extremely well made film. Admittedly, it's reminiscent of some things I've seen before--namely, Run Lola Run (in structure), Pi (in some of its visual/audio effects), and Memento (with its unreliable narrator). But it was executed brilliantly, and I keep thinking about it today, adding up the little details and understanding what really happened.

November deserved more attention! Check it out...
Old 02-01-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This one? Both the IMDB rating and first time screenwriter have be a bit wary, but based on the films you drew comparisons to (all three of which I adore), I'm still going to check it out.

-JP
Old 02-01-06, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the one JP. I actually saw this little obscurity at the theater and found it to have an interesting premise, but in contrast, I was fairly disappointed in the execution. It is a bit reminiscent of those mentioned above, but your inclination to be wary in my opinion is quite valid.
Old 02-02-06, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really wanted to see it but it blew through theaters like a breeze in November... DVD release date anyone?
Old 02-02-06, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I really wanted to see it but it blew through theaters like a breeze in November... DVD release date anyone?
It's already been released. I've walked by it many times at Hollywood Video. I might give it a rent at some point.
Old 02-02-06, 07:25 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

never saw it. but i remember it as the movie that won a cinematography award at sundance despite being shot on minidv.
Old 04-12-06, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So those couple of you that did see the movie, what did you make of it? I am assuming that we are led to believe that...

Spoiler:
...the third story is the actual one, with Cox being shot after she came in after hearing the gunshot, and her and her fiance bleeding out on the floor side by side.

I saw this last week, so I might have some of the details wrong, but I think that is how I remember it. What did the other stories represent? I think that the first one was Denial, but I can't remember the titles of the second and third. I really need to watch it again.