Search this Thread

Old 01-30-06, 05:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Surface - 1/30

Episode 14
Spoiler:
Rich and Laura go to see Lee for answers, and Lee winds up learning more than he ever would have expected.
Old 01-30-06, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So far, that takedown was hysterical in the worst ways.
Old 01-30-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But, it's been an entertaining episode, and just one more left!

This episode's F/X work for Nim is pretty good for TV.
Old 01-30-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The previews of next week look fantastic.

As for the the f/x ... it has been hit or miss all season. Some of us will never be able to forget the geyser scene. Other times it is great. Nim jumping off the peer (as simple as it sounds) was done to perfection. It looked like a creature jumping. A prop would have spun.

The fight scene wasn't as funny as it was long. Way to much screen time for Rich. I just hope he gets killed before Laura rescues him ;-P.
Old 01-30-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Well, at least they said season finale, as opposed to series finale. The stuff Rick found tonight, and the promised destruction for next week looks awesome.
Old 01-30-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Right before Rich got through talking to Laura on the cell, describing the Iderdex facilities, I was thinking "Noah's Ark!" split seconds before he said it.
Old 01-30-06, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't know how they're going to fit in a resolution and combination of both storylines and
Spoiler:
the tidal wave
in one hour.
Old 01-30-06, 10:00 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I wanted to see the army of Nim's come to Miles aid.

Can't wait for the finale
Old 01-30-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
What, finale already? I was hoping this thing would go twenty something episodes this season. Fingers crossed we'll get a second season. It's not anything phenomenal, but it's been a fun show to watch.
Old 01-31-06, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The local affiliate in Chicago broke in with a news update on a plane crash right when
Spoiler:
Rich put the gun to Lee's head in the parking garage.
This lasted until they
Spoiler:
got him to the motel
. Can anybody summarize what was said? I was so pissed, I contacted the station.
Old 01-31-06, 05:57 AM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
You missed a sissy fight...
Old 01-31-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, a satisfying conclusion next week is nowhere in sight...the episode does look JAM PACKED with action and lots of the stuff we've been waiting to see...but if this gets cancelled (which is a very real possibility) without some sort of proper ENDING, I'm going to be pissed off. That said, another entertaining week...why aren't more people watching this show?

MATT
Old 01-31-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
This show has definately gotten really, really good the past couple of weeks and next week looks awesome. Does Universal own sci-fi channel? They seem really cozy with the success of Battlestar Galactica and Surface reruning on sci-fi just one week later. One thing that came to mind with the season ending so early in the season is season 2 starting this summer(June/July) on sci-fi doubled up with new season of BG and having "split" seasons like other sci-fi channel shows. One night would be the two Universal shows and another the two Stargates.
Old 01-31-06, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When I saw the Iderdex plant it reminded me of all the old James Bond movies where the crazy mad scientist type guy would have this whole giant complex and all thses guys in uniforms all working there. And I always wondered...who are all these guys? And where do you get them from?
Do they get regular salaries? Vacation time? Sick leave? Health benefits? 401k plans? Pensions? Do they all have to live there, or do they have homes and families? Are they not allowed to talk about were they work and what goes on there?

Decent fun episode last night. Can't see how they can wrap it up in one more show. Hope we get a second season of this. (if only because I want to see more of Miles' sister in her private school uniform)
Old 01-31-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil L.
When I saw the Iderdex plant it reminded me of all the old James Bond movies where the crazy mad scientist type guy would have this whole giant complex and all thses guys in uniforms all working there. And I always wondered...who are all these guys? And where do you get them from?
Do they get regular salaries? Vacation time? Sick leave? Health benefits? 401k plans? Pensions? Do they all have to live there, or do they have homes and families? Are they not allowed to talk about were they work and what goes on there?
They're on loan from Sheriff Underlay's clone army.
Old 01-31-06, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Are you being sarcastic? I thought it was pretty brutal. Then again I don't watch 24.

Edit: I'd of thought Lee would have done some Jackie Chan shit. Don't all badass Asians know Kung-Fu?

Last edited by wageslave; 01-31-06 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-31-06, 01:34 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Heh, that was just about the only part of the episode I liked. This show has been so good lately, but there were so many dumb things annoying me in this episode.

Did anybody notice a pop-up during the show saying an all-new Las Vegas was coming up? I don't watch the show live so I didn't check, but all the schedules said it was going to be a repeat.
Old 01-31-06, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why were all the people at the plant in white germ-free suits, but Rich and other people were allowed to just walk in off the street? Kind of defeats the purpose of a germ-free environment.

I am wondering about the tsunami: did the creatures cause it or were they genetically created somehow to help combat it?

I thought it was funny how everyone had their pitchforks out for Miles until they heard about the tsunami coming. Kind of puts everything into perspective.
Old 01-31-06, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Why were all the people at the plant in white germ-free suits, but Rich and other people were allowed to just walk in off the street? Kind of defeats the purpose of a germ-free environment.

I am wondering about the tsunami: did the creatures cause it or were they genetically created somehow to help combat it?

I gathered that the creatures caused the tsunami by digging away at the ocean floor.

You would probably be surprised at the precautions taken to ensure a sterile field, sometimes no more than putting show booties and a haed cap on.
Old 02-02-06, 07:00 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
this show rocks ! i marked out when Miles was kicking the cr*p outta Greg !
Old 02-02-06, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm actually surprised Rich and Laura don't cross paths with Miles until the finale. Early in the season, I had it pegged as them being a collective semi-family unit of rebellious believers dodging authorities looking for the truth.

Looking forward to the big wave, and hoping it looks better than that geyser.

My guess is that
Spoiler:
the Company has planned a complete reformat of Earth, hence the Noah's Ark contents of those cylinders

Fun stuff.
Old 02-02-06, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 12thmonkey
I'm actually surprised Rich and Laura don't cross paths with Miles until the finale. Early in the season, I had it pegged as them being a collective semi-family unit of rebellious believers dodging authorities looking for the truth.
I like how they ran the two story lines throughout 14 episodes. Just like a dual crime CSI, there's more to pay attention to. Although I find it much easier to follow the storylines in Surface than any given CSI.