Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone have/tried the RGT G1 Wireless Light Gun?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-26-06, 03:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will supposedly work w/ Xbox or PS2 and on any monitor (LCD, plasma, HD...). It's a bit pricy ~$50 so before I pick some up I thought I'd ask around

http://www.erealgames.com/

Last edited by nemein; 01-26-06 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-26-06, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got one in about a week ago. It works good on my LCD but it is a little picky when setting up for a game. You have to calibrate the gun with each game and sometimes during the game. It only takes a couple seconds to calibrate but can be annoying. The reason you would need to recalibratre is that when you calibrate you cannot change positions such as stand then sit or move closer to the TV. Once calibrated you should not move from the position. I think this is due to the way it maps the screen, if you move the mapping goes crazy. Another note is you should be back a min. of 4 feet for this to work. They say on their site you should be between 5-10 feet from the TV for best results.
It's the only way to play your gun games on a LCD or plasma so there has to be some give and take. Overall if you can stay in the same position when playing you will be very happy.
Old 01-26-06, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info. One other quick question... do both connectors come in the same package? I have both a PS2 and Xbox and would like to be able to use the same gun on either w/o having to move the connector all the time
Old 01-26-06, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nemein
Thanks for the info. One other quick question... do both connectors come in the same package? I have both a PS2 and Xbox and would like to be able to use the same gun on either w/o having to move the connector all the time
Yes, they have both connectors at the end of the gun. The PS2 connector is a USB. I use it for both machines and also ordered house of the dead for xbox with the gun. I have also played time crisis on the PS2.
Old 01-28-06, 07:23 AM

Just to wrap up... I picked one up but unfortunately I'm going to have to return it. Balancing the "camera" on top of my TV isn't the easiest thing to do (and it doesn't really work well if I set it on the shelf the TV is on) and the distance needed means I have to stand behind my couch in order to use it effectively. Overall it seems to be a decent enough product, however since there aren't a lot of light gun games, it's not really worth the money/hassle IMHO.