Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Firefly: Season 2!!! Sign Up Today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firefly: Season 2!!! Sign Up Today!

http://www.fireflyseason2.com/Index.asp

just fill out the profile, and tell joss whedon, fox, and universal, how you think the second season of this awesome show should be distributed to the public!
Old 01-25-06, 08:20 PM

Think this might be better in the tv forum... but that is me.
Old 01-25-06, 08:23 PM

Best way to be distributed? How 'bout not at all?
Old 01-25-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hard to believe people are signing petitions to try and get the rights to Firefly. Browncoats would have a better chance at winning the lottery.

But, good luck in your quest. I think you may need all you can get.
Old 01-25-06, 11:06 PM

I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped into the direct-to-video episodic DVD market. It looks like it might happen with Futurama, but I'm not holding my breath for that. There was talk of a 24 spin off a long time ago, and then a bunch of Buffyverse rumors.
Old 01-25-06, 11:22 PM

Loved the show, but not going to sign the petition. Sorry this show is over. It did not do good enough the theaters I hear to make another movie. joss has moved on, we all might as well.
Old 01-26-06, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved the show, but have no desire to watch a season on my computer or "on demand." If they go that route, I will just wait for the DVDs.
Old 01-26-06, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The series is done. Whedon has said so himself.

If the universe continunes it'll be in the form of comic books or sequels to Serenity (let them be direct-to-video, on television, or in theaters).
Old 01-26-06, 12:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sjrab16
Loved the show, but not going to sign the petition. Sorry this show is over. It did not do good enough the theaters I hear to make another movie. joss has moved on, we all might as well.
Agreed. At this point there would only be two ways to go w/ the show; either post-Firefly/pre-Serenity (in which everyone knows what's coming and since they established a time line in the movie it's coming soon), or post-Serenity and all the changes that brought about. Either way the magic is over...

Although I wouldn't mind a movie explaining Book's past but that's just me
Old 01-26-06, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Firefly already had one miraculous resurrection, and if I remember correctly the results were less than stellar. Hoping for another one is just wishful thinking. A petition will only confirm what everyone already knows; that there's a small, dedicated group of fans that love Firefly. It just isn't enough, unfortunately.
Old 01-26-06, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Why does everyone keep insisting Joss said the show is dead and over?
Old 01-26-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As much as I loved the show and movie, time to let it go like others have said. Do we really want to drag it down completely to where it becomes laughable and shitty?
Old 01-26-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
As much as I loved the show and movie, time to let it go like others have said. Do we really want to drag it down completely to where it becomes laughable and shitty?
Some of the fan desperation on this forum has already put it there, in my opinion.
Old 01-26-06, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw the film and caught the first few TV episodes. It was ok, but I don't see how it warranted the nutty fan-base I see on this forum. But have seen worse Sci-Fi make it. I didn't like it enough to "Fill out your Recruit Profile now"
Old 01-26-06, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by reverie
Because he HAS said that. He has pretty much stated that he has no more stories to tell regarding Firefly. Serenity allowed him to finish what he had to write about that world. Now Buffy and Angel on the other hand...

The movie raps up everything pretty nicely IMO. Too many of the main characters died for me to want it to continue forward from Serenity. It is done as far as I'm concerned. I love what there is, all in one nice little (albeit too brief) package that being the series and the movie.
Old 01-26-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Because he HAS said that. He has pretty much stated that he has no more stories to tell regarding Firefly. Serenity allowed him to finish what he had to write about that world. Now Buffy and Angel on the other hand...

The movie raps up everything pretty nicely IMO. Too many of the main characters died for me to want it to continue forward from Serenity. It is done as far as I'm concerned. I love what there is, all in one nice little (albeit too brief) package that being the series and the movie.

Ditto. Loved the series and the movie, but after seeing several key figures die in the film, I knew the saga would not be able to continue and work the way it once did. Whedon said that he feels that chapter in his life is over, and aside from watching DVDs, it is for me as well. I will not sign the petition, as it is just a feeble attempt.
Old 01-26-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Online petitions do jack shit. Sorry.
Old 01-26-06, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by reverie
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1141343_1_0_,00.html

Joss Whedon lets ''Firefly'' go -- The ''Serenity'' director may turn to ''Buff the Vampire Slayer'' for his next big-screen project by Jeff Jensen

When Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon looks back on 2005, he can take comfort in knowing that his film-directing debut, the sci-fi Western Serenity, resurrected his canceled-too-soon cult classic TV series Firefly, and was also one of the year's best-reviewed movies. ''I should say I'm above reading reviews,'' he says. ''But I would be lying.'' Alas, Whedon's fond memories are also tainted by Serenity's status as a franchise nonstarter; despite Universal's best marketing efforts, the film only mustered $25 million. ''In the end, it was what it was: a tough sell,'' says Whedon, adding that it appears the Firefly saga has reached its conclusion. He has no regrets — and he's moving on. He's currently penning a Wonder Woman flick for Warner Bros., and has the thriller Goners set up at Universal; he'll direct whichever...
Old 01-26-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts
I have to admit..... regardless of how much money it made, Firefly did conclude on a milestone-type status in Hollywood.

Cancelled TV series (of only 13 episodes) gets it's very own Big Screen Movie.

I don't think you can top that.
Old 01-26-06, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Because he HAS said that. He has pretty much stated that he has no more stories to tell regarding Firefly. Serenity allowed him to finish what he had to write about that world.
NOT TRUE! In his own words...

Joss Whedon @ Whedonesque:
All right, now I have to jump in and set the record straight. EW is a fine rag, but they do take things out of context. Obviously when I said I had ’closure’, what I meant was "I hate Serenity, I hated Firefly, I think my fans are stupid and Nathan Fillion smells like turnips." But EW’s always got to put some weird negative spin on it. But so we’re clear once and for all: If you read a quote saying "I’d love to do more in this ’verse with these actors in any medium" all I’m saying is that Nathan has a turnipy odor. It’s not his fault, he doesn’t eat a lot of them but everyone else in the cast noticed it and tht’s not really something I’m prepared to deal with any more. And Jewel said outright she wouldn’t do scenes with him except stuff like the SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER funeral scene which was outside in a high SPOILER wind. So if I do manage to find another incarnation for my beloved creation, it will have been totally against my will.

I hope that clears everything up. Oh, and when I say I want to do a Spike movie, it means I have a bunion on my toe.

- joss (by which I mean Tim)
Joss Whedon @ bullz-eye.com:
Ultimately, you know, I’m just waiting to see how things fall out. The DVD sales will, of course, affect the future of the “Serenity” world...or universe, I should say. But I can’t predict that any better than I could predict what would happen at the box office, so I’m just waiting to see, and I’ll just keep waiting until someone comes to me and says, “More TV! More movies!” Or whatever it is. Whatever format it is. If it’s a chance to work with these actors again, to live in this world again, I’m there!
Joss Whedon @ Azcentral.com:
I have it in my head that I’m not finished.
Joss Whedon @ the Browncoats Forum:
And what about Da Fyoocha? (And why did I need Arnold to say that?) I have no idea. It could be that this tale is told. Or it could be that down the line, dollars accumulate and some exec says, "let’s spin that wheel again." Or who knows. I’m not resting my hopes on it, but it’s not a concept I’ll ever close the book on.
I’ll do my best to tell stories that cause as much trouble as this one did. And if I ever get the chance to return to this one... in case it was ever unclear due to shoddy journalism, sign me right the hell up.
The question remains: Did Early die out there in space, or did some passing ship show up at the last second? There’s no answer yet, but I sure as hell know how I’d write it.
It’s not that there HAS to be a sequel. It’s just that I’ve got so many IDEAS...

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 01-26-06 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-26-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The show is dead. Get over it. I held out for 5 years hoping that they would make more episodes of Hangin with Mr. Cooper but eventually I had to accept it.
Old 01-26-06, 11:21 AM
Cool New Member

I agree Serenity kind of killed any hope of moving forward with the series for me as my favorite character got deaded... But the idea of prequels dealing with each of the characters is always nice... Kind of like the current "Lost" tv show with all the flashbacks about who the people really are. Anyway, I like Firefly and enjoyed Serenity so I added my vote for a season 2. Took literally one minute to do and the worst that can happen is um nothing? Best that can happen? More Firefly and Serenity...
Old 01-26-06, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Layne
Took literally one minute to do and the worst that can happen is um nothing? Best that can happen? More Firefly and Serenity...
Actually the worse thing that could happen is you end up in another spam database
Old 01-26-06, 11:48 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Eh. The story has been told. It would have been great if Whedon had been given an opportunity to tell it over a few seasons like he intended, but he had two hours instead. It's done.
Old 01-26-06, 11:51 AM

Joss has not said the Firefly/Serenity world is over. He hasn't said it will continue. The door is still open. It probably will never happen, but it hasn't been ruled out as at least a remote possibility.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.