TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI Miami -- "Silencer" -- 01/23/06

Old 01-23-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
CSI Miami -- "Silencer" -- 01/23/06

"Silencer"
Spoiler:
When a female executive is shot at an afternoon concert, the evidence leads the CSIs to suspect that the dreaded Mala Noche gang has struck again.

Cast: David Caruso, Emily Procter, Adam Rodriguez, Khandi Alexander, Sofia Milos, Jonathan Togo, Eva LaRue, Laura Leighton, Robert Zepeda, Annie McElwain, Matt Ross , Benjamin Benitez, Brendan Fehr, J.D. Pardo, Poppi Monroe , Brian Burnette , David Andriole, Asiel Hardison, Liz Ramos, Rodrigo Guzman .
Director(s): Ernest Dickerson.
Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Carol Mendelsohn, Ann Donahue, Anthony Zuiker.
Writer(s): Sunil Nayar.

Original Airdate: January 23, 2006.
Old 01-24-06, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When are TV shows going to stop portraying computer software/internet as fantastic swirling numbers, letters and graphics? I thought most had, but apparently CSI:Miami hasn't gotten that memo
Old 01-24-06, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I turned this episode off as soon as the computer software / internet part started. Pathetic.
Old 01-24-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
okay, at the end of the episode, did delko say to horatio that he knows he had dinner with his sister last night?

did they really solve the murder in a single day?
Old 01-24-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not sure why they felt compelled to attempt to actually show the bullet flying out of the gun when Callaigh was testing the two silencers. But did anyone else notice that the bullet didn't even come out of the gun's barrel?
I thought it looked odd and when I slowed it down the bullet clearly came out somewhere at the top of the gun and not the barrel. Sort of like a toy gun would work.

And Delko's sister looks pretty damn good for only having a few months left to live. What kind of cancer is she supposed to have?

The scene where Delko and Wolfe were working together in the lab and talking about women and stuff seemed phony, like they were reading their lines and not at all how two guys would really interact together.

I now want a laser projected virtual keyboard.

The blond receptionist blog girl was kinda hot though as was the blondy victim.
I'm also likin me some Boa Vista. She may replace Valera as my favorite lab babe.
Old 01-24-06, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil L.
I now want a laser projected virtual keyboard.
got $200 that you don't know what to do with?
Old 01-24-06, 04:37 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I have a hard time figuring out which character I want to see die more, Wolf or Delco. Delco is dumb. but Wolf just gets on my nerves.
Old 01-24-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Callie: I found some casings by the curb, .223
Psycho M.E. that calls corpses "baby": That's from an assault rifle
Callie: they didn't hear the shots but heard the tires squeal out

now, we later learn there was a silencer(their term) used so that might explain not hearing the shots over the party music, but at the time she said it she should have thought it was a dumb comment considering how loud a .223 is
Old 01-24-06, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was watching it in HD. And man Caruso is looking mighty old. Also, what is with him cocking his head down all the time...He needs a chiropractor.
Old 01-25-06, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX
I have a hard time figuring out which character I want to see die more, Wolf or Delco. Delco is dumb. but Wolf just gets on my nerves.
Agreed. This fight between them is getting mighty old.
Old 01-25-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
...The scene where Delko and Wolfe were working together in the lab and talking about women and stuff seemed phony, like they were reading their lines and not at all how two guys would really interact together.
That scene really felt "off" - I had the feeling that the two guys were told to just improvise a few lines and that's the slag that they came up with.

Overall, I'm losing interest in Miami - it isn't anywhere near as engaging as CSI, but since nothing else is on at that time I'll keep watching.
Old 01-25-06, 02:01 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
I'm not sure why they felt compelled to attempt to actually show the bullet flying out of the gun when Callaigh was testing the two silencers. But did anyone else notice that the bullet didn't even come out of the gun's barrel?
I thought it looked odd and when I slowed it down the bullet clearly came out somewhere at the top of the gun and not the barrel. Sort of like a toy gun would work.
Was it not the cartridge flying out?
Old 01-25-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It looked weird to me too, but I don't know the first thing about guns. I did think it was the cartridge though.
Old 01-25-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No I don't believe it was the empty shell casing flying out. I did a frame by frame in HD and it clearly appeared to be what was supposed to be the bullet flying out toward the collection thing but it did not come out from the gun's barrel.
Also, an empty shell would shoot out sideways and toward the rear of the gun, not straight out toward the front.
Old 01-25-06, 03:01 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
I saw the path of it, and did wonder why it flew out like that which was why I though casing. esp with the way they find them all over the place.

Delko's sister sure did not look very sick at all..
Old 01-25-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
No I don't believe it was the empty shell casing flying out. I did a frame by frame in HD and it clearly appeared to be what was supposed to be the bullet flying out toward the collection thing but it did not come out from the gun's barrel.
Also, an empty shell would shoot out sideways and toward the rear of the gun, not straight out toward the front.
I wasn't paying close attention but wasn't it an AR? if so there is a brass deflector so that the casing starts off flying back but it hits the dflector and shoots out to the side and slightly forward
Old 02-01-06, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RoyalTea
okay, at the end of the episode, did delko say to horatio that he knows he had dinner with his sister last night?

did they really solve the murder in a single day?
OF COURSE they did- that explained why the tattoo dude was wearing the same shirt both early and late in the episode, duh!

(sorry, I'm a week behind in my CSI watching)

-jason