Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

top 3 "must finish" games

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
top 3 "must finish" games

okay a lil thought came up, with the other thread spotlighting how many games we all havent yet finished, why dont we concentrate on what we feel are the top 3 we SHOULD finish. while i have ALOT of games, i havent really finished that many of them. what are the "must finish" games on your list?

I would have to say of the lone ones i have completed, MGS, FF7 + FF10 were the most enjoyable for me. but most everyone has beaten them

i really wanna get around to playin KOTOR, suikoden 2, Fable and Nocturne

games i have completed: Rygar (NES), Transformers (ps2), FFX (ps2), FFVII, Onimusha 1,2 and 3 (ps2), Final Fantasy I (GBA), Infected (psp), Halo, Dark Forces (pc), D&D Heroes (xbox), Dark Alliance (ps2), Shadows of the empire (n64), Die Hard Arcade (saturn), metal gear solid (ps1), and that might be about it.
Old 01-23-06, 05:08 AM
Banned

Mmmmm

Final Fantasy 7 for sure

God of War is an ABSOLUTE must finish title!!!

and Dragon Quest 8..

Honorable mention to Final Fantasy 10 and ESPECIALLY Kingdom Hearts (which was choice #3, but DQ8 is just freaking magnificent.)
Old 01-23-06, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
metal gear solid (ps1)
Ones I should complete: Psychonauts, Alice, Shadow of the Colossus.

One's I remember completed and enjoyed immensely (Theres plenty more, I just can't remember them now):

I actually enjoyed the trippy stupidity of MGS2 a lot And that's a must finish in my book, just to show how ludicrous it gets.

Indigo Prophecy (2005)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2003)
Splinter Cell
Halo
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII (1997)
Kings Quest V, VI, VII
Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within (1995)
Lunar: Silver Star Story
Shivers
Phantasmagoria (Stupid? Yes, but I loved it as a kid.)
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
Flashback (1993)
Legend of Zelda I & II (Yeah.. about that, I liked II way back when)
Super Mario Bros

Last edited by RichC2; 01-23-06 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-23-06, 09:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
3 that I would like to "finish" (as in 100% unlocked) but doubt I ever will are:

- Kung-Fu Chaos (Xbox), I've had it over 3 or 4 years now and still just barely over 50% unlocked (haven't played it in a year or so though).

- Time Splitters: Future Perfect (Xbox), haven't had it as long as KFC and only about 25% unlocked but given all the little games and challenges and what not I suspect I'm never going to get through it.

- Frequency/Amplitude (PS2), just can't move my fingers fast enough anymore
Old 01-23-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, I have to try and think of 3 games I finished recently.

- Condemned was a GREAT game...not the best of endings, but worth it to play through it.
- Beyond Good & Evil (I beat it, don't remember the end though)
- Halo 2: Haha...just kidding, pointless ending
- Star Wars:Republic Commando: No need to finish, as bad as Halo2 ending

Hmmm, that's about it thus far...I'll have to think a bit more.
Old 01-23-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Condemned - just started level 9 this morning, there are only 10 so it should be "beat" tonight, maybe tomorrow, but not necessarily "complete" with all the gamertag acheivements to get, although I have gotten a lot of them so far.

Call of Duty 2 - Still on the last level of the British campaign on Hardened & completed 3 veteran acheivements on top of that.

Perfect Dark Zero - played three missions. I would like to complete this one before Full Auto is released. I just feel the obligation to beat it since I wasted money on it. So far it is a less than impressive game.
Old 01-23-06, 10:04 AM

Hmm...
3 I should finish
Shadow of the Colossus (only 3 more to go)

Ninja Gaiden Black (just started, I'm already on Ninja Dog mode)

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (need 1 more sword technique and then I can go up to the clouds.)
Old 01-23-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Half Life 2, the Metal Gear Solid series, and Halo (1).

I disagree on Call of Duty 2. It is fun to play through but isn't just a series of missions thrown together?
I feel the same way about Splinter Cell Chaos Theory which I finished about 3 times but they were great missions and a so so story.
Old 01-23-06, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good idea for a thread, superman. I just finished Condemned last night (great game), and this morning it started its journey back to Gamefly, so now I can focus on a few other in-progress games. My top 3 to finish right now are:

Incredible Hulk - Ultimate Destruction - Lots of fun. No idea how much I have left to do on this one.
Paper Mario - Thousand Year Door - I'm up to the part where you're in the tree with those tiny little bug things following you around. I'm pretty sure I have a lot left...
Shadow of the Colossus - The last one I killed was the flying one in the aquatic ruins. I think that was #5, maybe #6? Again, I have a while to go on this one.

Unfortunately, WoW and DOA 4 online are eating up most of my gaming time these days, but I'm going to try and make a little progress on each of these three games during this week.
Old 01-23-06, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
must finish:

Condemned: Criminal Origins (Xbox 360)
-hopefully starting level 8 (?) soon. I'm not sure if I am the only one, but I find it hard to play through level after level, the game just gets under my nerves and creeps me out. really fun so far though. the paper cutter is quite amazing.

Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (Gamecube)
-about 70-75% done I believe. it was a birthday gift from one of my best friends. gotta finish this up soon.

Kameo (Xbox 360)
-out of the 5 Xbox 360 games I own, I haven't even played this one yet, and I've had it since launch. it was one of the games I was really interested in before the 360 came out, so hopefully I'll get on this one soon.
Old 01-23-06, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Suikoden 2 has 2 great endings and 1 other one (I think). I still have to see one of the great endings. Rare for an rpg to end in such a satisfying way.

I want to finish Silent Hill 4 just because it's Silent Hill. I've been meaning to finish Tales of Symphonia for ages now (at near the end) but keep getting distracted.
Old 01-23-06, 07:47 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Wind Waker (last played 5/04)
Beyond Good & Evil (last played 6/05)
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (last played 9/05)
Old 01-23-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
asianxcore - I completely agree with you on Condemned. I find it very hard to play more than one level at a time. The slow pace, darkness, settings and overall mood just gets under your skin. You can only take so much. I'm not saying it creeps me out, because it doesn't but it is definitely a unique experience. Sega hit a home run with this one. I would love to see another one down the road.
Old 01-23-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Some of these you can't finish, but I want to get everything in them:

- GTA: San Andreas [XBox]
- Call of Duty 2 [PC]
- Someday... Gradius 3... so tough. [SNES]

And I'd like to hit 60 in WoW just to say I did.

Someday Halo2 on Legendary... but it just seems more annoying than challenging.

Last edited by lordwow; 01-23-06 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-23-06, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There's a lot of good games out there, its tough to just pick three but I'm going to go with as the 3 you must finish are:

Resident Evil 4 -simply breathtaking from start to finish
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker -an amazing game over a huge world and fantastic gameplay.
Shadow of the Colossus- ditto on the breathtaking, a joy to play

Kingdom Hearts is a runner up, and I have about 20 games as runner ups but I'll spare you guys.