Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Samurai Film Festival in Nashville 01.27-02.07

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-06, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damnit, why am I not in Nashville right now. Someone sent this to me, and I am mad as hell for not being there. This is honest to god the coolest film festival Nashville has ever had. Please go to this...don't talk about going, or wait to see who else is going...just go. Incredible, selection of films, not to be missed on the big screen.

So pour one down the hatch for Old Cameron, who will envy you for years to come, and you can lord it over his head that you saw Rashomon on the big screen, and I didn't.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Days, 7 Films, 3 Directors.

The Samurai Film Festival in Nashville, TN, Friday, January 27th Tuesday, February 7th at the Belcourt Theatre. The Belcourt Theatre will play host to a festival of some of the greatest Samurai movies ever filmed from three of Japans greatest directors Akira Kurosawa, Kihachi Okamoto & Masaki Kobayashi. All films will be new 35mm prints.

The festival will begin the week with the films of Masaki Kobayashi - Harakiri (Seppuku) & Samurai Rebellion / Kihachi Okamoto Kill! & Sword of Doom and then the festival will culminate with a weekend dedicated to Akira Kurosawa Throne of Blood, Academy Award winner Rashomon and the towering achievement Seven Samurai.

The Belcourt Theatre is non-profit and the last independent neighborhood theatre in Nashville. For more info about the festival and all that jazz, our website is www.Belcourt.Org.
Old 01-19-06, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Consider me excited. Oh don't worry, I'm running, not walking
Old 01-20-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
I'll be in town the first weekend in February, I might be able to take one or two of them in while I'm there, or so I hope.
Old 01-20-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yah, I'm in NY that week, but am going to try to get my flight moved around so i can stop in Nashville for the evening...