Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Help needed with gaming cables (complicated)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 02:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, here is my dilema.

I just recently picked up a Plasma TV. It doesnt have RGB in on the back, it has that RGBPY thing with the 5 connectors and it has VGA in. Right now i have the PC hooked up strait to it and playing games on it via TV-In on my ATI All In Wonder. However, im going to be getting a Xbox 360 soon, and id like my current systems (PS2/GC) to look better on this amazing plasma display.

So what i am looking for is a converter that i can plug in a RCA signal/HDTV cable and have it upscale whatever it is to 1080i through a VGA cable into the plasma. Is there anything of this sort available that you guys know of? I wish the TV had RGB on the back of it, id be done, but it just has that 5-cable thing and VGA. Let me know what you guys think is the best plot of action.

p.s. - I know there is a VGA cord for the Xbox 360, however, i also want my ps3 and ps2 and GC to go through the same connections (unless you can point me to VGA cables for the GC and PS2, then id be a much happier camper!). Thanks for any help.
Old 01-18-06, 07:19 AM

Try going to ebay and do a search for "vga switch". That will allow you to toggle
between 4 different vga components. Then search for "ps2 vga" or "gamecube vga" to get the cables you will need. There is also a multi function box that came up with the gamecube search that allows you to plug one component in at a time via rca and has a vga output. Hope that helps.
Old 01-18-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, there are component to VGA converters, but they are very expensive. That's part of the reason that some of those plasma TVs are so inexpensive. You actually have a commercial series plasma, not produced for home use.

Is it a Panasonic from Sam's? Those usually don't have component.