PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : MVP 06 NCAA Baseball

alfonsosoriano
01-16-06, 11:29 AM
I can't wait. It's out this week...

gmal2003
01-16-06, 12:30 PM
For the 360 too? I might check it out although I prefer MLB as I am familiar with the players. This is not like NCAA basketball or football where I know the players. I still might check it out though.

alfonsosoriano
01-16-06, 01:58 PM
I think the 360 version comes out on a later date. The dynasty mode looks really good.

JimmySRU
01-16-06, 03:52 PM
yeah ill be buying this too

rocketsauce
01-16-06, 11:52 PM
definately buying this if it comes on 360. I go to Omaha every year for the College world series. MVP was the best MLB game ever made and i was devasted when they couldn't make it anymore. with the gameplay intact, i don't care that it's college, it will still be the best baseball game out there hands down.

nickdawgy
01-17-06, 12:28 AM
definately buying this if it comes on 360. I go to Omaha every year for the College world series. MVP was the best MLB game ever made and i was devasted when they couldn't make it anymore. with the gameplay intact, i don't care that it's college, it will still be the best baseball game out there hands down.

Isn't it a little early to crown MVP the champ this year? If MLB 2006 improves on the freeze mistake from last year, it should be the champ. MLB 2k6 is supposed to be good as well.

MVP was fun last year, that's for sure. But you take away the freeze problems in MLB 2006 and it's the winner in my opinion.

DJ_Longfellow
01-17-06, 07:22 AM
I thought this wasn't even announced for the 360. I doubt it will be compatible too....too many glitches with BC, so I avoid it.

I may just have to get MLB 2K6 for the 360

alfonsosoriano
01-17-06, 08:05 AM
I rented Sony's 2006 game last year, didn't have any freeze problems, and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as MVP. It had some nice options/features, but gameplay wasn't all too great. MVP owns all.

DJ_Longfellow
01-17-06, 08:10 AM
Wow, you rented 2K6 last year...amazing ;)

I really enjoyed MVP last year, but with no 360 game.....I'm out. If the college game was released for it, I MIGHT get it...but not for $60

mr.snowmizer
01-17-06, 10:46 AM
I rented 2k6 last year, didn't have any freeze problems, and didn't enjoy it nearly as much as MVP.

To clarify, he said Sony's MLB was the one in the running for best baseball which suffered from the freezing problem.

Take 2 must know from last year's sales, reviews, and word of mouth that they need to step it up this year. For some reason, Visual Concepts has yet to take a definitive step forward in this sport in recent years. You know you're floundering in mediocrity when 989 comes in and blows you away.

Here's hoping MLB 2k6 finally establishes the same type of quality that can be found in their other sports games.

alfonsosoriano
01-17-06, 01:04 PM
I meant Sony's game, not the shitty 2k series. My fault. ><

nickdawgy
01-18-06, 12:48 AM
Wow, you rented 2K6 last year...amazing ;)

I really enjoyed MVP last year, but with no 360 game.....I'm out. If the college game was released for it, I MIGHT get it...but not for $60

No he rented Sony's game, MLB 2006 not MLB 2k6 which is 2K sports' game this year (last year was 2k5).

nickdawgy
01-18-06, 12:49 AM
I meant Sony's game, not the shitty 2k series. My fault. ><

The 2k series is hardly shitty, they just had alot of bugs last year.

alfonsosoriano
01-18-06, 09:39 AM
No, the 2k series blows. Hard. Talk about stupid looking player models and swinging.

DJ_Longfellow
01-18-06, 10:36 AM
No he rented Sony's game, MLB 2006 not MLB 2k6 which is 2K sports' game this year (last year was 2k5).

Yes, that was SARCASM...since 2K6 was not out yet.

I though 2K5 was ok, but MVP was much better. The year before I enjoyed the 2K series (2K4 or World Series...or whatever it was called)

I can only get 2K6 this year since I have a 360.

Demontooth
01-18-06, 05:13 PM
I liked MVP for the mini games and 2K5 for the baseball game.

jonw9
01-18-06, 06:32 PM
I read in PSM that the fielding controls are pretty bad on 2K^ and you need to revert to classic mode to make it playable. Also batting is a back-and-forth motion al la Tiger Woods.

alfonsosoriano
01-18-06, 06:47 PM
I liked MVP for the mini games and 2K5 for the baseball game.

^Fail

MVP had some of the most realistic play ever.

nickdawgy
01-18-06, 07:05 PM
No, the 2k series blows. Hard. Talk about stupid looking player models and swinging.

No, really I promise it doesn't. They also have better looking graphics then MVP and MLB.

nickdawgy
01-18-06, 07:06 PM
Yes, that was SARCASM...since 2K6 was not out yet.

I though 2K5 was ok, but MVP was much better. The year before I enjoyed the 2K series (2K4 or World Series...or whatever it was called)

I can only get 2K6 this year since I have a 360.

Thought you were SERIOUS, but oh well.

Yes, MVP was alot better then 2k5.

nickdawgy
01-18-06, 07:07 PM
^Fail

MVP had some of the most realistic play ever.

Not if you consider hitting a shit load of homers, and throwing a no hitter once a month realistic.

dvd182
01-19-06, 12:25 PM
I'm not a real big fan of MVP's in game presentation. The ESPN game last year was great with all the various replays and overlays. MVP plays slightly better, though.

Mordred
01-19-06, 12:28 PM
I hope Buckethead is on the soundtrack.

MFRONE
01-20-06, 11:59 AM
I'm not a real big fan of MVP's in game presentation. The ESPN game last year was great with all the various replays and overlays. MVP plays slightly better, though.
EA has the ESPN presentation license and is using it for NCAA Baseball.

DJ_Longfellow
01-20-06, 12:22 PM
So, anyone get it yet? Just curious...not that I can get it because it's NOT BC w/360

alfonsosoriano
01-20-06, 04:45 PM
Not if you consider hitting a shit load of homers, and throwing a no hitter once a month realistic.

It's called sliders and difficulty levels.

Anyways, I got MVP 06 last night, and it's the best baseball game I've ever played. So many steps above MVP 05. It also looks just amazing. Dynasty mode is really fun too.

I got it for $20 at Best Buy after the $10 off coupon.

Quake1028
01-20-06, 06:44 PM

Anyways, I got MVP 06 last night, and it's the best baseball game I've ever played. So many steps above MVP 05. It also looks just amazing. Dynasty mode is really fun too.

I'm disappointed so far. I think it's a step below MLB 2K5 and MVP 2005.

lawyer goodwill
01-21-06, 01:02 AM
I picked it up yesterday and I love it! I'm a big fan of EA Sports' college series (although I have stuck with the 2004 versions of Football and March Madness) and this new MVP Baseball easily stands by those titles in "fun factor."

alfonsosoriano
01-21-06, 05:53 PM
I'm disappointed so far. I think it's a step below MLB 2K5 and MVP 2005.

You're crazy brother.

Quake1028
01-21-06, 06:32 PM
You're crazy brother.

Not really. I've seen so many baserunning glitches in just a few games that it's driving me crazy.

nickdawgy
01-21-06, 10:27 PM

Makes no difference.

Demontooth
01-21-06, 11:07 PM
I've played it a couple of times so far, it doesn't seem to be much different than last year except for the new batting stick.

alfonsosoriano
01-22-06, 10:01 AM
Sliders make plenty of difference. I mean, I don't know anything about you guys, but I'm guessing you don't know what real baseball is actually like. MVP is the closest I've ever played to it. The physics in the MVP games are pretty much dead on.

If you want to go have fun with an odd-looking, not even close to realistic baseball game, go ahead. Yeah, those 2k games are pretty shiny. Maybe that's what you folks are into?

nickdawgy
01-22-06, 06:18 PM
Sliders make plenty of difference. I mean, I don't know anything about you guys, but I'm guessing you don't know what real baseball is actually like. MVP is the closest I've ever played to it. The physics in the MVP games are pretty much dead on.

If you want to go have fun with an odd-looking, not even close to realistic baseball game, go ahead. Yeah, those 2k games are pretty shiny. Maybe that's what you folks are into?

I had more fun with MLB 2006 then any game last year. 2K5 was good but too many bugs made it unplayable.

Plus, if I want to play something besides college, I have to buy one of the two games.

nickdawgy
01-22-06, 06:20 PM
How can you stop the players from adjusting their batting gloves, stepping out of the box, etc. after almost every single pitch. Sure it might happen in real baseball, but sometimes I want to play a game quick, and I don't have time to sit and wait for them. There has to be a button that skips this, or a way to turn it off.

dsa_shea
01-22-06, 07:15 PM
Doesnt it seem like the online play lags quite a bit?

DJLinus
02-05-06, 08:15 PM
A college baseball video game...I'm intrigued.

The IGN review said that 128 teams are represented. Can someone tell me if the University of Richmond (Atlantic 10) are in it? Thanks.

That's a pet peeve of mine (admittedly, not so much now as when UR was in the CAA): How hard would it be for a game company to put a list of teams included on their site?

DJLinus
02-09-06, 11:30 AM
Anyone?

jdpatri
02-09-06, 01:45 PM
Anyone?

If nobody else responds before me, I'll check it out when I get home tonight. I meant to do it last night but got caught up in work and forgot about it.

Demontooth
02-09-06, 03:08 PM
If the guy above me doesn't respond when I sit down in front of my computer late tonight, I will look.

jdpatri
02-09-06, 09:18 PM
I think Demontooth may have to... my PS2 isn't loading anything tonight. :(

bluthswede6
02-10-06, 11:49 AM
I browsed through every team real quickly and I didn't see a University of Richmond.

DJLinus
02-11-06, 09:49 AM
No Spiders, huh? Thanks for looking (and trying), folks. Guess I'll wait until next year's edition (which is supposed to have more teams, according to the review I read).

Kaiser Soze
02-16-06, 05:22 PM
I really liked MVP 2005, but due to the lack of MLB teams in the 2006 version, it doesn't appeal to me at all. I also didn't really like the 2K version from last year. I have the online adapter set up, but rarely play online. So my question is, can I go online with MVP 2005, download the current rosters in a couple of weeks and play the 2006 season? Will it have all of the up to date players and schedules for the 2006 season?

chaz k
02-16-06, 07:50 PM
I really liked MVP 2005, but due to the lack of MLB teams in the 2006 version, it doesn't appeal to me at all. I also didn't really like the 2K version from last year. I have the online adapter set up, but rarely play online. So my question is, can I go online with MVP 2005, download the current rosters in a couple of weeks and play the 2006 season? Will it have all of the up to date players and schedules for the 2006 season?

Unfortunately no, since EA has lost the rights to MLB you will not be able to play 05 online at all once the 06 season starts.

Kaiser Soze
02-16-06, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately no, since EA has lost the rights to MLB you will not be able to play 05 online at all once the 06 season starts.

Wow. That is super lame. Guess I'll have to purchase a new MLB game this year. Looks like I have two choices, MLB 2006 The Show or MLB2K6. Any recommendations? I really liked MLB 2005 from EA last year if that helps.

rocketsauce
02-18-06, 12:48 PM
Wow. That is super lame. Guess I'll have to purchase a new MLB game this year. Looks like I have two choices, MLB 2006 The Show or MLB2K6. Any recommendations? I really liked MLB 2005 from EA last year if that helps.

you know what is super lame? you. living in chicago. a cardinal fan. I heard that Dan Jiggetts doesn't respect people like that and has been known to make a meal out of a few of the lucky ones. I would watch it. Hey i have the 360 you can come over and play 2k when it comes out.

Tarantino
02-18-06, 01:33 PM

Get an Action Reply for the XBox. You can download game saves which will have updated rosters. A great thing about the Action Replay is that you can download actual rosters for college games. It's awesome and if you play a lot of sports games, well worth it.

= J

Kaiser Soze
02-19-06, 01:44 PM
you know what is super lame? you. living in chicago. a cardinal fan. I heard that Dan Jiggetts doesn't respect people like that and has been known to make a meal out of a few of the lucky ones. I would watch it. Hey i have the 360 you can come over and play 2k when it comes out.

Hahahahaha. I'm not cool enough to have a 360. You better talk nice about Dan though. The man will stomp you. I will break you. Maybe if you sweeten that offer with some beer, I'll take you up on it. Oh, and invite Ronnie Woo Woo. That'll be the bomb.