DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : I cant remember scifi series, help

Shotgun
01-15-06, 06:51 PM
It wasnt on Scifi cahnnel, it was fox, or abc, nbc, one of those. Basicly eath is sending a group of ppl to a new earth to prepare it fow arrivals. while getting rdy to leave, they happen on a transmission that talk about the ship blowing up. They find a bomb get rid of it, but then end up crashing on the new planet. they then end up meeting 2 types of creatures.

Also there was a little boy who had trouble walking, but then something happens, and he gets cured and can walk without any help. Any clues as to the name. I think it was sometime after 1997 when it was on. thanks for any info.

Shotgun

sorry just reliezed I posted this in the wrong forum.

DVDho78DTS
01-15-06, 06:57 PM
Earth 2 (http://imdb.com/title/tt0109701/)

Devon Adair and her crew are searching a new home for the human race. The colonization of "Earth 2" is difficult. Some government forces want to destroy the ship of the colonists. But they manage to escape and arrive in orbit around "Earth 2". There the crew has to face some technical problems and they crash land on the planet. Soon they find out that the Earth like planet is inhabited by intelligent humanoid life forms...

EARTH 2/NBC/1994-95
Ulysses Adair, disabled eight-year-old boy who needed to wear a clumsy life-support apparatus to negotiate the terrain of a planet called Earth 2 (actually known as G-889). He suffered from "the syndrome" caused by continuous life onboard a space station that deprived its occupants (who were forced to live there) of the benefits of naturally produced fresh air and water. His mother Devon Adair hoped that the organic environment of the new planet would help cure her son of his technologically created affliction.

Shotgun
01-15-06, 07:02 PM
I love you :) I dont know, but I still Love you. Thanks

H8nXTC
01-16-06, 02:58 AM
I was very fond of this series when it originally aired, especially because of Debrah Farentino.

TheBang
01-16-06, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I liked this series too.

BTW, the entire series was released on DVD a few months ago.

JasonF
01-16-06, 10:00 AM
Earth 2 on DVD (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009JE6G6/qid=1137427283/sr=1-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9186132-7824015?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009JE6G6.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Bandoman
01-16-06, 10:37 AM
Was it any good?

Goldberg74
01-16-06, 10:43 AM
Wasn't Tim Curry in this show? That's all I remember.

JasonF
01-16-06, 01:32 PM
Was it any good?

It was OK. Intriguing storyline, good episode-to-episode continuity, but it gave you enough to go on each week. The big problem is the series ends on a cliffhanger (supposedly, the producers knew they were on the bubble for renewal, and decided to do a cliffhanger season finale in the hopes that it would persuade the network to bring them back. It didn't work).

riley_dude
01-16-06, 04:11 PM
I watched it when it was on and it was ok but very slow. I think they got a bit better as it went on.

Pistol Pete
01-16-06, 06:39 PM
That kinda reminds me of an SF short story about a planetary colonization effort. The colonists were divided up into three groups: the doctors and engineers, the middle level managers, and the workers (construction, plumbers, etc) sent on three spaceships. Two of the ships made it to the original destination while the middle managers crashed on a different planet. The funny thing was no one really missed them.

TheBang
01-16-06, 06:48 PM
Yes, Tim Curry guest starred on a few episodes.

Numanoid
01-17-06, 11:44 AM
Wasn't Tim Curry in this show? That's all I remember.Wasn't Kurgan from Highlander in this show? That's all I remember.

Heat
01-17-06, 12:15 PM
I watched this show when it first aired.

Was it good? I thought it started out good, then these strange aliens kept popping up and I sort of lost interest, and then the show was canelled.

Glad to hear it's on DVD though. When it makes it to the $1 rack at the local video store I'll rent it.

dstrauss
01-17-06, 08:29 PM
In my opinion, Earth 2 was utter and complete crap. Sci Fi written by people who had never read any science fiction, were proud of that fact, who then went on to recreate every bad plot that had been done to death 40 years earlier. Not to mention they simply recycled old "Wagon Train" plots and rewrote them as sci fi. If you watch it as a kid's show, it's fine, but don't expect any actual intelligence.