Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Who'll be [CENSORED] by the end of the 100th Smallville...? (spoilers/merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's the victim...?
Clark.
5.08%
Lois.
1.69%
Lana.
18.64%
Lex.
0%
Chloe.
20.34%
Jonathan.
32.20%
Martha.
5.08%
Lionel.
11.86%
twikoff.
5.08%
other. list below.
0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Who'll be [CENSORED] by the end of the 100th Smallville...? (spoilers/merged)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-06, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who'll be [CENSORED] by the end of the 100th episode of Smallville...? (spoilers)

Two weeks away.

I know the spoilers are supposedly out there, so if you've read 'em, please use tags. Actually, keep it to yourself. I have a weak constitution and would more than likely end up reading it.

Personally, I think it'll be Chloe. 'sides Clark, she's the only one on this show that I can stand.
Old 01-12-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why/how would they kill Clark? Do you think they'll have a entire arch leading to his death, then an arch for his funeral, then one where he comes back to life in 4 different versions?
Old 01-12-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I voted for
Spoiler:
Papa Smurf Kent, which will allow Lex to stroll on into the state Senator's seat
Old 01-12-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I voted for Lana.
Spoiler:
I know for a fact that Chloe will factor in a couple of episodes later this season, so she's safe.
Besides, all indications to this point either point to her or Pa Kent not lasting past epi 100.
Old 01-12-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It just better not be Chloe. Besides being a good character, they need someone that Clark can talk to about his powers.
Old 01-12-06, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They could bring back Pete (either for Clark to talk to after Chloe's demise or just to kill off for Episode 100. Either way.)
Old 01-12-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
Okay, someone said it's definitely not Chloe. I have to vote for Lionel. DC has always mandated the show remain fairly faithful to the source material. Uhh, you can't kill Ma or Pa Kent, you can't kill Lex, you can't kill Clark.

Lana might be something the Gods at DC would allow, and for the sake of the show I hope it's her. But given she's currently playing a fairly decent sized role in the comics, I don't believe they'd have the authority to kill her off either. You're left with Lionel, a throwaway character lately and Chloe, who apparently is definitely not the one.
Old 01-13-06, 12:50 AM
Suspended

Some DVDTer is going to bitch and moan about the title of this thread being a spoiler.

I vote for Pa Kent, he is the most likely, him and Lionel. Chloe is expendable as well, they could easily replace her character and have Lois take over at the DP.

You can void out most of that list, Clark, Lex, Lois obvious reasons not going anywhere. 1 "death" i could see is the Lana/Clark relationship, that could die easily as well. I highly doubt Lana is going anywhere, she is moderately important to the Superman mythology, and the producers like Kristin and her character.

Martha, not going anywhere.

Most likely

1. Pa Kent
2. Chloe
3. Lionel

Animal
Old 01-13-06, 02:32 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Jonathan is too obvious. Isn't it supposed to be somebody Clark cares about? So that would rule out Lionel. My list of most likely:
1. Martha
2. Jonathan
3. Chloe
Old 01-13-06, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It can't be Lionel, the previews show Clark above the grave and looking like something happened that he wanted to stop - but couldn't. Jor-El, has said someone who Clark cared for would die...This leaves....

Jonathan
Martha
Chloe
Lana

It could be Jon, him runnin' for Senate, maybe he finally dies from a heart attack under all the stress. They made a point to show us him takin' those pills in this episode. Maybe it was a red herring? It would certainly work . The whole notion that they won't do it because of the comics is obsurd. I mean, Smallville hasn't actually been faithful to Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis Superman myths..It borrows from 'em.

Martha - I doubt it.

Chloe - I could see this, they write everyone off who knows his secert. Maybe Chloe dies protecting his secert and this would add to the whole, 'I can't tell anyone my secert' idea. I hate this idea, because I think Chloe is a vitial character, it gives someone for Clark to talk about, not to mention she is a damn fine actress..Oh and she's hot..rool:

Lana - Won't happen. They are not about to kill his love interest.

So, it's a toss up..

Jon
Chloe
Old 01-13-06, 03:25 AM

I'm going with Jonathan.
Old 01-13-06, 03:26 AM

As am I.
I think it would make the most sense, story wise.
..Then again, this is Smallville.

Wasn't the writers quoted as saying a minor character will also die at the end of this season? That could easily fit the Lionel bill.
Old 01-13-06, 03:35 AM
Suspended

Old 01-13-06, 03:45 AM

Best.
Cover.
Ever.
Old 01-13-06, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by animalmystic
Some DVDTer is going to bitch and moan about the title of this thread being a spoiler.
Didn't even think about that. But, how do they know I mean DEAD? I could be wondering which character will be studying agriculture and gardening.

Right...?
Old 01-13-06, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts
I can't choose between Jonathan Kent and Chloe.

Dad makes the most sense in terms of keeping with the traditional Superman story.

But in terms of the TV show, Chloe seems pretty expendable now that Lois is hanging around
Old 01-13-06, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Didn't even think about that. But, how do they know I mean DEAD? I could be wondering which character will be studying agriculture and gardening.

Right...?
I dont think its a spoiler because its been said on the show that someone he loves has to die. Although I guess stating that its going to happen on the 100th episode is somewhat of a spoiler.
Old 01-13-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought Jor-El said someone "Close to Clark" was going to die, rather than someone he loves or someone he cares about.
Old 01-13-06, 12:22 PM

It's going to be a two banger, Jon and Lionel.
Old 01-13-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LivingINClip

Chloe - I could see this, they write everyone off who knows his secert. Maybe Chloe dies protecting his secert and this would add to the whole, 'I can't tell anyone my secert' idea. I hate this idea, because I think Chloe is a vitial character, it gives someone for Clark to talk about, not to mention she is a damn fine actress..Oh and she's hot..rool:

Lana - Won't happen. They are not about to kill his love interest.

So, it's a toss up..

Jon
Chloe
I don't have a clue but you said it may be someone who knows his secrets.
I've seen pictures of Lana at
Spoiler:
The Fortress of Solutude
so maybe she will know his secret now and they will kill
Spoiler:
Chloe.

I hope not.
Old 01-13-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 728 Likes on 532 Posts
I think it's either Chloe or Pa Kent.

Chloe because she is only a character created for the series, there is no Chloe in the DC Universe.

Pa kent because, well, he dies in the Pre-Crisis DC Universe as well as the Donner film.
Old 01-13-06, 01:49 PM

Maybe it'll be the blind fortune teller...oh...sorry...
Old 01-13-06, 03:43 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Pa kent because, well, he dies in the Pre-Crisis DC Universe as well as the Donner film.
Wasn't he supposed to die during that big crossover a couple years ago too? But then somehow he didn't.

So why don't people think they'll kill Martha? Seeing all the responses makes me even more certain that Jonathan is too obvious to actually be the big death. They might go with the obvious, but I think it'll be either Martha or Chloe. If they kill Chloe, they'll definitely need to add a couple new castmembers by next season. Is there going to be another season? If they know this is the last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see them kill Lana.
Old 01-13-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope its this guy

Old 01-13-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hasn't Al Gough gone on record stating that there won't be any significant mythology clashes between Smallville and Superman Returns? I think this pretty much rules out Martha being dead since she's alive in Superman Returns. This fact also makes me extremely inclined to believe that Jonathan Kent will die since he died in Superman: The Movie. This allows the new movie to remain true to Smallville and the first 2 movies when it comes to some of the more general aspects of Superman's backstory.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.