Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Expired 10% Coupon Question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-11-06, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to buy a new washer and dryer, and of course the 10% coupons I got in the mail for Best Buy expired on the 9th. Do you think they'll go for it if I go in there tonight and tell them I'll buy their $2000 washer and dryer WITH extended warranty if they give me the 10% off??

Any suggestions??
Old 01-11-06, 10:29 AM
Banned

It definitely worth a shot! I am also one of the reward zone members that get the coupons in the mail for their special sale. I think the main reason they end on Monday is because the new releases are the next day and they want people to use them on older items. But I think you have a shot with the coupon, you are a paying customer (and a returning one), tell them if they don't you will go to Walmart to buy from now on. Also ask for a manager to ask him, the clerks might not be able to...GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-11-06, 01:51 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Definitely go for it. Tell the manager that the coupon arrived late. I don't think they will give you grief since you are buying a big ticket item. They could still net some good profit after the discount, and they love people buying the extended warranty.

Did you receive both the 10% off AND a 10%/12% off coupons? I'm not sure if both can be applied to the washer/dryer category. If so, you could use one on a washer and the other on the dryer. Otherwise, the 10% off is good for ONE item only.
Old 01-11-06, 01:53 PM

Cool thanks. I'll try tonight. I think I only got the 10% off. Even so, the washer alone is $1000, so I'd save $100. I'll keep you posted as to how it ends up.
Old 01-11-06, 08:10 PM

OK. Well, they gave me 12% off the washer which was over $100 off. I also signed up for reward zone which cost me $10, and with the purchase I made tonight, I'm already up to about $70 in reward cash. Plus free delivery, install, and haul away of the old stuff. SWEET! It was a pleasure doing business with them. Kudos to BB.
Old 01-12-06, 10:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ylomnstr
OK. Well, they gave me 12% off the washer which was over $100 off. I also signed up for reward zone which cost me $10, and with the purchase I made tonight, I'm already up to about $70 in reward cash. Plus free delivery, install, and haul away of the old stuff. SWEET! It was a pleasure doing business with them. Kudos to BB.
Cool, I am glad it worked out for you! Like I have said I have never had a problem with Best Buy, they get the majority of my business. In their opinion they got a big sale and probably a new customer....COOL!
Old 01-12-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ylomnstr
You should get 2 $5 certs as well that will pay for the cost since they had a deal this week that if you signed up for the Reward Zone program you got 30,000 bonus points. So you didn't pay for the RZ card either in the end.
Old 01-13-06, 01:37 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
You should get 2 $5 certs as well that will pay for the cost since they had a deal this week that if you signed up for the Reward Zone program you got 30,000 bonus points. So you didn't pay for the RZ card either in the end.
That's if they honor their end of the deal. I signed up sometime in October '05 when they offered 30,000 bonus points for signing up (advertised in their ad). Even now I haven't received the said bonus points. I've got a case number since end of Novemeber and even now they said they are still working on it
Old 01-13-06, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eau
That's if they honor their end of the deal. I signed up sometime in October '05 when they offered 30,000 bonus points for signing up (advertised in their ad). Even now I haven't received the said bonus points. I've got a case number since end of Novemeber and even now they said they are still working on it
I've always had any points that I've written about credited to my account within 2 business days when I write to them on the website. One time it was a pre-order of Zelda for the Gamecube and I was missing 15,000 bonus points ($5) and they credited without hesitation when I pointed out the transaction in my account.

In fact I used my BB CreditCard during a promo period for the 1,500 points per day that was in Nov or December last year and I never got those points and I'm going to write to them about it today.