DVD Talk
Has there been any word on the MGM Midnite Movie series? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Has there been any word on the MGM Midnite Movie series?

Living Dead
01-10-06, 05:41 AM
I was wondering if there had been any recent word on whether the line is going to continue. I quick search yielded nothing for me.

onebyone
01-10-06, 11:44 AM
I have been wondering about that too. It has been awhile. I really hope it continues. I love these dvds.

Living Dead
01-11-06, 05:30 AM
Just about the only good thing I can think of that MGM has done.

The Monkees
01-11-06, 04:49 PM
I thought MGM was done and over with

Daniel McKenzey
10-07-09, 10:59 PM
I've been told to e-mail fox at foxDrop@4icc.com if you want them to continue the Midnite Movies. Supposedly, some fans are on the verge of getting THE VIDEO DEAD on DVD, but I'm still waiting for stuff like THE BLACK SLEEP and CURSE OF THE FACELESS MAN.

Trevor
10-08-09, 04:51 PM
Big sale (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/562809-dd-fox-mgm-classic-horror-dvds-2-10-a.html) going on at DD right now.

JerryKILL
10-08-09, 05:49 PM
I've been told to e-mail fox at foxDrop@4icc.com if you want them to continue the Midnite Movies. Supposedly, some fans are on the verge of getting THE VIDEO DEAD on DVD, but I'm still waiting for stuff like THE BLACK SLEEP and CURSE OF THE FACELESS MAN.

An HD transfer exists of Curse of the Faceless Man, as it has been showing on the MGMHD channel on satellite. Same story with HD transfers of Beast of Hollow Mountain and Revenge of the Zombies, to name a couple. I guess they are sitting on titles to show on their channel, as well as having something to show on TCM?

Dr. Forrester
10-08-09, 06:56 PM
I picked up the R2 of the Quatermass Xperiment a few years back, but I'd truly love a MM (or really any release) of Burn Witch Burn. I've got the LD with the interesting (if sedate) Richard Matheson commentary, but a disc with decent AV quality would a more than welcome addition to my collection. I've heard good things about the R2 Optimum disc for BWB, but something R1 that's equal/better would be nice.

Daniel McKenzey
10-09-09, 12:18 AM
An HD transfer exists of Curse of the Faceless Man, as it has been showing on the MGMHD channel on satellite. Same story with HD transfers of Beast of Hollow Mountain and Revenge of the Zombies, to name a couple. I guess they are sitting on titles to show on their channel, as well as having something to show on TCM?

They're are sitting on their entire libary because lately they have released nothing new.

R. Hilton
10-09-09, 01:03 PM
Big sale (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/562809-dd-fox-mgm-classic-horror-dvds-2-10-a.html) going on at DD right now.

Thanks for the link. For anyone who isn't already aware, there is a permanent link at DVD Drive-In where rabid MM devotees can write in and demand more product. Maybe we can get a few more releases out of Fox.