Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix can suck my....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix can suck my....

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Netflix can suck my....

I have had Battlestar Galactica Season One in my queue for 4 weeks. It says it's available but it always gets skipped over for what's next on my list. And they dont even have season two. So in order to get caught up I had to buy the first 2 seasons on DVD.

Why would they keep skipping over it? I got about 10 DVD's that were behind it in order before I gave up. Anyone else with this problem?
Old 01-09-06, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Maybe because it's a multi-disc set and you have too many out? Try empting your queue and see what happens.
Old 01-10-06, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Maybe because it's a multi-disc set and you have too many out? Try empting your queue and see what happens.
Have too many out??? How does that work. I have 3 out at a time plan. I sent the 3 back they sent me 3 that weren't BG.
Old 01-10-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I had BG: Season 1 in my queue, the first disc was "Very Long Wait". The remaining discs were "Available Now", but they wouldn't send any of them (the assumption being that nobody wants to watch a show out of order, I assume).

I deleted the first one from my queue (figuring I could probably get the show well enough without the first four eps, especially since I had been watching Season 2.0 and had no trouble following it) and they then sent me the other discs from the series.

If all the series discs were "Available Now" for you, then I don't know what the deal was.

The lack of Season 2.0 availability, until today, was weird, though.
Old 01-11-06, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had been thinking about watching this so today I went ahead and put season 1 in my queue to see how things looked.
Right now for me they have disk 1 listed as 'short wait' and the other three as 'avaialable now'.

On season 2 they have the first two disks listed as 'short wait' and the third as 'available now'.

I'm guessing that part of what's happening is that more and more people are getting hip to the idea of renting TV series from Netflix as opposed to buying them. Especially for those that will probably only really want to watch a series once, or if you want to see it again, it won't be for quite a while. So laying out the $ for a box set doesn't make a lot of sense.

In addition, I bet BG is a very popular title right now.
Old 01-11-06, 07:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think I've ever put a television series disc set in my queue and the first disc is available. It's always short wait or very long wait. The FLASH is the latest example.
Old 01-11-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So far, TV series I have got from Netflix were...

24: Seasons 2 and 3
The Shield: Season 2 and 3
The Job: Season 1

The first disk of all of those was immediately available with no waiting IIRC.
Old 01-11-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There are a lot of series I get from Netflix. Very few have waits for me. Sets like Lost and Battlestar Galactica and Family Guy. Yes. I get waits (usually Very Long ones, though the last Family Guy cleared up quickly), but most of the time, they're available (especially if you get the first disc the day it comes out. For example, I got the first disc of "The Flash" in the mail from Netflix today).
Old 01-12-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Even if the first disk is on short wait they still have sent me the rest of the discs. Exept in this case.
Old 01-12-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had same problem with that Series, after 3 months I just pulled it from my quene.
Old 01-13-06, 11:34 AM

Yep, same here. I had the miniseries on "very long wait" for several months before giving up. Ended up DVRing it when it got replayed on SciFi during a marathon.
Old 01-16-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey - more definitive proof that netflix is cheating and not checking things in when they actually receive them ... some genius forgot to tell their system that today is a postal holiday, meaning no mail delivery. No mail, no point having anyone in the warehouse working. I'd love to know how they managed to magically take delivery of several returned titles this morning ...
Old 01-16-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by BigPete
Hey - more definitive proof that netflix is cheating and not checking things in when they actually receive them ... some genius forgot to tell their system that today is a postal holiday, meaning no mail delivery. No mail, no point having anyone in the warehouse working. I'd love to know how they managed to magically take delivery of several returned titles this morning ...
Saturday's mail?
Old 01-16-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
...it's gonna be forever until Nowhere Man is off the very long wait list. Sigh.
Old 01-16-06, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Saturday's mail?
That was my assumption. Netflix is closed on Saturday, but the mail is still delivered. They work Monday, despite the postal holiday and check in the movies from Saturday.
Old 01-17-06, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan
That was my assumption. Netflix is closed on Saturday, but the mail is still delivered. They work Monday, despite the postal holiday and check in the movies from Saturday.
What's strange is that I dropped two movies in the mailbox on Saturday and they were checked in according to my account Monday. Since MLK is a postal holiday, I'm confused how that could happen.
Old 01-17-06, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That is weird, though I have a friend who claims that he gets mail on postal holidays such as MLK Day in his Post Office box. His claim being that home delivery is cancelled and the customer counter is closed, but the post office still sorts mail and delivers it to PO Boxes (and possibly have the ability for business customers to pick up mail).

I think he's crazy, though.
Old 01-17-06, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That is weird, though I have a friend who claims that he gets mail on postal holidays such as MLK Day in his Post Office box. His claim being that home delivery is cancelled and the customer counter is closed, but the post office still sorts mail and delivers it to PO Boxes (and possibly have the ability for business customers to pick up mail).

I think only the customer services are closed. I dropped off my netflix movies yesterday and this morning I got emails saying that netflix had received them and have shipped my news ones.
Old 01-17-06, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know about all of that, but I do know that they collect mail from curbside boxes.
Old 01-18-06, 09:05 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
There are people working inside the post office every day of the year including Christmas day. When they say they are closed, they mean the retail window and for regular delivery. Collection cans are still hit, express mail are delivered and mail is still moved through the system. Some towns will have someone do PO box mail and let businesses come in to pick up mail.