Search this Thread

Old 01-08-06, 11:31 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Desperate Housewives - "One More Kiss" - 1/08

"One More Kiss"
Spoiler:
Lynette catches Gabrielle kissing Tom; Mike tries to bond with Zach, and Paul feels threatened; the neighbors on Wisteria Lane become increasingly suspicious of the Applewhite family.
Old 01-08-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
This might be the last time I give this season a shot before I banish it to DVR season pass land.
Old 01-08-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay episode but needs more comedy. After all, it is what won them an Emmy.
Old 01-08-06, 09:13 PM
Retired

I thought that was the best episode this year by far.
Old 01-08-06, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1/8/06

Hey, it's a new year on Wisteria Lane. Too bad Michael Ironside's character got the short end of a self-inflicted bullet wound. Loved Caleb's denial as he wolfed down a large bowl of ice cream.

Carlos getting his groove on for Lynnette might pay off in some good nervous laughs now that Gabby gave him the green light to get even on the extra-marital dailiances.

Wonder what would have happened between Paul and Mike had Susan not run into the Caddy which produced the DB.

I so wanted the Sentinel to go off on Keith, mainly for being such a manipulative putz.
Old 01-08-06, 11:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I liked the Gabby/Lynette confrontation Carlos's newfound crush on Lynette could be interesting.

Other then that it the rest was ok.
Old 01-09-06, 02:15 AM

I thought it was a good episode. I didn't buy the Lynette/Gabrielle stuff. Of all the women on Wisteria Lane, I do not believe that Carlos would go after Lynette. Not only is she a sociopathic bitch, but she is hardly the model type that Carlos has been established as preferring. I'm not knocking FH's looks. She's just not a model type.
Old 01-09-06, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cmleidi
I'm not knocking FH's looks.
I am. There's no way a guy that looks like Carlos, who is married to a woman that looks like Gabrielle, would go for Lynette. However, if Carlos is going to make a full attempt to use his freebie with her, it could get very interesting.

When is the Applewhite crap going to end? I don't have any interest in them or why that guy is locked in the cellar.
Old 01-09-06, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I am. There's no way a guy that looks like Carlos, who is married to a woman that looks like Gabrielle, would go for Lynette. However, if Carlos is going to make a full attempt to use his freebie with her, it could get very interesting.

When is the Applewhite crap going to end? I don't have any interest in them or why that guy is locked in the cellar.
Looks like Cherry is setting up each season to be have a year-long mystery. Of course, when it is solved, the ladies will go back to acting like nothing major happened at all.
Old 01-09-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

While her kids are monsters, Lynette is arguably the most motherly on the Lane. It's not surprising that Carlos would go for that. Not to mention that she's the anti-Gabrielle in every way (hari color, body type, attitude), which is precisely why she's a candidate for a brief crush.

das
Old 01-09-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think Carlos would have been interested in Lynette, until she gave him that kiss. That was just the nudge he needed to get his imagination working. I think it is a realistic occurence, not to think twice about someone until they make some sort of pass and then suddenly you can't stop thinking about it.

I thought this was a much better episode than we have seen so far this season. Seeing all the housewives together and suspecting the Applewhites is what we have needed to see. The body in the trunk is exactly what this neighborhood needed to get this season's mystery in gear. I think that has been the problem with this season. The audience has seen the Applewhites and their story, but the housewives have hus far been clueless and mostly uninvolved that there was any mystery underfoot. This finally gives them something to look out for. They should have found this body early on in the season, and we the audience should have known less about the Applewhites from the get-go. Hopefully they have more secrets to be revealed.

Originally Posted by Patman
Too bad Michael Ironside's character got the short end of a self-inflicted bullet wound.
Was he shot? I thought he was impaled on one of the broken pieces of wood from the stairs.
Old 01-09-06, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He shot himself. When they showed his back you could see a bullet exit wound.
Old 01-09-06, 10:44 AM
Retired

Yes, and he looked at the wound, then at the gun, and then died. And you heard the gun go off when he fell.
Old 01-09-06, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually enjoyed this episode, especially when Susan's ex set Bree's punk kid straight.
Couldn't Bree tell her son, that if he wants takes her down , she's taking him down too by telling the cops about the hit and run the son did with Carlos' mom?

While Lynette may not be the hottest one on Wisteria Lane, she's still extremely attractive. I don't really find it to be a stretch that Carlos might go after that, especially with the reasoning that Das and Jadzia gave.
Old 01-09-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally a episode. It is easy for me to believe that Lynette could be jealous of Gabby, for the most superficial of reasons. But I do not believe that Tom has the wandering eye. Until Lynette's kiss, I don't think Carlos ever entertained any extra-marital ideas. Will be interesting to see if Carlos becomes a "pursuer". Wonder if Lynette will tell Tom?

Was really great to see the wives (w/Edie) huddling together and casting suspicious looks at the Applewhite's. That really seemed like a season 1 scene. Maybe this will finally cause this show to click again.

Susan's ex going after Bree's son was very funny.

All in all, much better than I have seen all season.
Old 01-09-06, 02:11 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This was a pretty good episode, one that should have come a lot earlier in the season.
Old 01-09-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bree wouldn't use the hit and run against her son since she was the one who initiated the coverup.

The actor who plays Carlos at one time said he thought Marcia Cross' character is hot. That would make an interesting pair.
Old 01-09-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Although I wouldn't say it was good as the best of season 1, this ep felt more like a season 1 ep. It just had that vibe to it. Susan didn't even get on my nerves as much as usual. It really is a lot easier to tolerate her when she isn't just doing pratfalls.

I think Jadzia hit the nail right on the head. I think Carlos was just blown away by the kiss that Lynette planted on him. Just because she's not the hottest on the block doesn't mean that she doesn't know how to use her talents to the fullest. And good point, das Monkey, about Lynette being the anti-Gabrielle.

The Applewhite story might finally pick up some steam now that the housewives have got their scent. That was one of the best scenes of the night. As someone already said, it really felt like a season 1 moment when they were all standing there talking about the Applewhites. I liked when Alfre Woodard (her character's first name is escaping me) acknowledged that now she was worried, seeing that the sewing circle is finally beginning to suspect them (despite the fact that it was a pretty predictable line).
Old 01-09-06, 04:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Forgot to add: it was nice to see a Lynette storyline that didn't involve her being frazzled about her kids and/or career. It was also nice to see some conflict between two of the four principles.
Old 01-09-06, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by cdoug57
Finally a episode. It is easy for me to believe that Lynette could be jealous of Gabby, for the most superficial of reasons. But I do not believe that Tom has the wandering eye. Until Lynette's kiss, I don't think Carlos ever entertained any extra-marital ideas. Will be interesting to see if Carlos becomes a "pursuer". Wonder if Lynette will tell Tom?

Was really great to see the wives (w/Edie) huddling together and casting suspicious looks at the Applewhite's. That really seemed like a season 1 scene. Maybe this will finally cause this show to click again.

Susan's ex going after Bree's son was very funny.

All in all, much better than I have seen all season.

Didn't he confess to his dad that he had an affair or something like that in the first season?
Old 01-09-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Didn't he confess to his dad that he had an affair or something like that in the first season?
I believe he did.
Old 01-09-06, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Plus, Carlos sort of had a thang for that fair-skinned blonde nun.
Old 01-09-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's interesting how gay sex scenes can be shown and it's not making as much hullabaloo as it once did. There were several scenes of passionate kissing and two guys in bed. No boycotting or anything.
Old 01-09-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by big whoppa
It's interesting how gay sex scenes can be shown and it's not making as much hullabaloo as it once did. There were several scenes of passionate kissing and two guys in bed. No boycotting or anything.
Yeah, it's hard to believe it was just 10 years ago that Melrose Place wimped out on showing Doug Savant's male kissing scene. His Matt character was always awkwardly hugging his boyfriends.

As far as Tom confessing to adultery, that was never made clear. He simply said something like "Lynette would leave me if she ever found out". It was inferred it was cheating, but it could have be another secret. Maybe he once was a gay guy on Melrose Place!
Old 01-09-06, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was implied when he got kicked out of boot camp last season (or earlier in this season) that the son was just pretending to be gay. But with him kissing the guy out of sight of his mom, I'd say he's not pretending.

And who was that guy who conveniently fell through the steps and shot himself in the chest? A private investigator? Mrs. Applewhite said he wasn't the police.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.