Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : 2 questions on All In The Family dvd sets...

johnbook
01-07-06, 02:16 PM
Just received my All In The Family S5 dvd set from DDD and was watching disc 1 last night and episode 3 'The bunkers and inflation part 3" kept freezing up on me anyone else have this problem i watched a couple more episodes on the disc and they appear to be fine, also for the S1 set does anyone know if there is an outer slipcase available for this season all of the other seasons "2 thru 5" offer them, thanks for any info...

Droog
01-08-06, 01:16 AM
I don't know about S5, but the S1 packaging is a little bit different than the rest, as it offers no slipcase.

johnbook
01-08-06, 09:25 AM
Just received my All In The Family S5 dvd set from DDD and was watching disc 1 last night and episode 3 'The bunkers and inflation part 3" kept freezing up on me anyone else have this problem i watched a couple more episodes on the disc and they appear to be fine, also for the S1 set does anyone know if there is an outer slipcase available for this season all of the other seasons "2 thru 5" offer them, thanks for any info...

Was watching the rest of disc 1 last night and episode 8 on the disc "Where's archie? part 1" froze up pretty close to the end of the episode and also lost sound...

grundle
01-08-06, 10:52 PM
I don't own this show on DVD.

But based on what I've read, I don't think defects on it are common. So I guess exchanging it would probably get you one that worked properly.

darkshadowdog
01-09-06, 12:03 AM
I own seasons 1-4 and yea, 1 has no slipcase, evrey time I look at my shelf I think i'm missing it, kinda irritating. I don't have 5 yet but haven't heard anything so i'd say go back and exchange it. Glad there's other people who like this GREAT series!

Autumn
01-12-06, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=johnbook]Just received my All In The Family S5 dvd set from DDD and was watching disc 1 last night and episode 3 'The bunkers and inflation part 3" kept freezing up on me anyone else have this problem QUOTE]

I just finished this episode. Mine was fine.

JAA
01-13-06, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE=johnbook]Just received my All In The Family S5 dvd set from DDD and was watching disc 1 last night and episode 3 'The bunkers and inflation part 3" kept freezing up on me anyone else have this problem QUOTE]

I just finished this episode. Mine was fine.

Mine is fine as well.