Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Peckinpah Westerns Delayed in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-06, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peckinpah Westerns Delayed in Canada?

A couple Canadian online sites (Amazon.ca, Videomatica) list this set as coming out on January 24th now, instead of the American release date of January 10. Curiously though, they still list The Wild Bunch as coming out this Tuesday.

Futureshop and Best Buy Canada still list this set coming out on the 10th, though. Anybody know what's going on? Any Canucks get their set early?

Last edited by mcharro3; 01-06-06 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-06-06, 07:42 PM

I saw the set at my local Best Buy earlier (Philadelphia). It looks like they broke street date. The new Magnificent Seven dvd was there too, which is scheduled for the tenth. I'm def. psyched to receive the Peckinpah set from Amazon. Does anyone know if they ship on the street date or do they have it to you by street date? This is my first time I have pre-ordered through them.
Old 01-06-06, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My store already got some copies of Wild Bunch but not the set yet. I'm not sure if that is because it has been delayed or if it is because we didn't order it yet.
Old 01-07-06, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joshtown
I saw the set at my local Best Buy earlier (Philadelphia). It looks like they broke street date. The new Magnificent Seven dvd was there too, which is scheduled for the tenth. I'm def. psyched to receive the Peckinpah set from Amazon. Does anyone know if they ship on the street date or do they have it to you by street date? This is my first time I have pre-ordered through them.
I placed an order with Amazon (US) on October 20. It says the estimated delivery date is January 19. Thats with the free shipping. You never know with Amazon and free shipping. From my experiences with them it seems to average about week or so after the release date but I have had a couple get delivered on release day with free shipping since they started the 79.00 thing.
Old 01-09-06, 04:03 PM
Cool New Member

Future Shop says its delayed

Just called Future Shop and their computer now lists the release date for the box set as Jan.24. I didn't check to see if the Wild Bunch SE is still out tomorrow, but it doesn't really matter, I'm waiting for the box. Pretty ridiculous to delay it at this point in time. Anyway, if anyone up here in Canada sees it for sale anywhere, feel free to post and let others know. Thanks!
Old 01-09-06, 09:28 PM

HMV also now lists it as Jan 24. I forgot to check to see if WIld Bunch is coming out tomorrow or not.