DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Doulike.com - Is this a scam

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 12:47 PM
A couple of months ago, I somehow registered for doulike.com and clicked on one woman's picture that yes, I did like.

Well a week or so ago a woman clicked my link and said that she liked me. Here is her profile link (http://www.doulike.com/auth:fSnB9JqItGHmiACD5bs$Tw==:homepage/133402.html) which says

Jusad (USA, Alaska) , 29

Hello i am Single An looking for some one Nice to Love Some one to take good care of me....

http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/8937/jusad4wi.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and as you can see by her picture, she is hot!

So, I clicked on that I liked her thinking nothing of it. Then I got this e-mail this morning:

Hey, Looks like we matched! I clicked Yes to you because you seem
cool. I am sending this note because I can't wait to meet you and one of us
has to be a Star Member for us to email each other, and I think the
gentleman should pay. Hope to talk to you soon! Jusad

Of course to become a Star Member I would have to pay $19.95 a month, which if this person is a real person with a real interest, would be worth it.

But, do you think it is just the people behind doulike.com trying to get 20 bucks out of another unsuspecting loser like me? ;)

Anyone else have a similar experience with this site? Help!

Chris

Minor Threat
01-06-06, 12:48 PM
Sounda like she a boom boom long time....

Pointyskull
No pun intended, but it smells fishy.

Numanoid
Totally a scam. :lol:

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 12:50 PM
Totally a scam. :lol:

Damn! :(

And here I was ready to send out wedding invites to all of you!

Chris

Numanoid
01-06-06, 12:51 PM
Think about it...she could have just messaged you with, "Hey, we matched. Email me at myphotoisfake@hotmail.com and we'll make plans."

AGuyNamedMike
01-06-06, 12:53 PM
Dude, that picture looks like it was clipped out of a catalog.

Groucho
01-06-06, 12:58 PM
Let's all paypal money to mrpayroll so he can pay the registration risk-free, and then report back to us what happens next.

Minor Threat
01-06-06, 12:59 PM
Let's all paypal money to mrpayroll so he can pay the registration risk-free, and then report back to us what happens next.

I'm in.....

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 01:04 PM
Think about it...she could have just messaged you with, "Hey, we matched. Email me at myphotoisfake@hotmail.com and we'll make plans."

See, when it comes to my lovelife (or lack thereof), I will always come to you guys first for advice

:lol:

Chris

p.s. this can be an advanced warning to all of the other lonely souls out there!

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 01:06 PM
I'm in.....

[tears up]That's why I love you guys[/tears up]

But not in THAT way!

Chris

nevermind
01-06-06, 01:08 PM
Jusad has an ass kicking coming her way if you-know-who reads this thread.

The Bus
01-06-06, 01:09 PM
Is that the Rainbow Pirate?

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 01:16 PM
Is that the Rainbow Pirate?

If she is (she looks older than 19), then my $19.95 is on its way! :D

Chris

orangerory
01-06-06, 02:43 PM
Damn - what a good scam. Of course, she's in Alaska. And most suckers wouldn't go through the trouble of posting on a forum to see if "Jusad" had emailed other folks.

You have to appreciate the pure evil genius of it.

Bandoman
01-06-06, 02:46 PM
I'm betting "Jusad" is really an overweight 40-year-old guy.

NCMojo
01-06-06, 02:51 PM
Honestly, Chris... and don't take this the wrong way... but maybe you should hold off on the whole "meeting women on the Internet" thing for a while.

-rolleyes-

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 03:01 PM
Honestly, Chris... and don't take this the wrong way... but maybe you should hold off on the whole "meeting women on the Internet" thing for a while.

-rolleyes-

Yeah, I guess it back to the bars for me! :lol:

Chris

maxfisher
01-06-06, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I guess it back to the bars for me! :lol:

Chris

Those really aren't all that great either, unless you're just looking to get laid. Didn't you say you're a Christian at some point? If so, you might check www.christiancafe.com. A good friend of mine met his fiance there.

Dan1boy
01-06-06, 03:54 PM
or try www.jdate.com if you happen to be Jewish :)

That doulike site is a total scam.

The Bus
01-06-06, 04:04 PM
Do you hate Bush? You could find someone on here: http://www.actforlove.org/

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 04:08 PM
Those really aren't all that great either, unless you're just looking to get laid. Didn't you say you're a Christian at some point? If so, you might check www.christiancafe.com. A good friend of mine met his fiance there.

I was joking about the bars. Though I used to go dancing quite a lot in the late 80's & early 90's, but I kept it all platonic! :)

Chris

Sonicflood
01-06-06, 04:22 PM
http://www.doulike.com/photo/Photo/132558.JPEG

Here she really is! At least that's what came up when I clicked on the link for meet new people!

Tball.. I found you old sofa! ;)

DRG
01-06-06, 04:29 PM
I tried to google 'doulike jusad' to see if there was anything else about this, but all I got was:

Did you mean: "do u like judas"

TimeandTide
01-06-06, 04:46 PM
No doubt it's a scam. Even Match, one of the most popular dating sites, was recently caught having its staff set up fake dates for members. Women that worked for the company would send "winks" and emails to men whose accounts were about to expire. A few of the staffers even apparently went on dates with some of these guys, JUST in hopes of having them renew.

The Bus
01-06-06, 04:51 PM
No doubt it's a scam. Even Match, one of the most popular dating sites, was recently caught having its staff set up fake dates for members. Women that worked for the company would send "winks" and emails to men whose accounts were about to expire. A few of the staffers even apparently went on dates with some of these guys, JUST in hopes of having them renew.

That takes whoring yourself out for your employer to a whole new level.

Unless you're already a prostitute. Then it's all in a day's work!

mrpayroll
01-06-06, 06:19 PM
That takes whoring yourself out for your employer to a whole new level.

Unless you're already a prostitute. Then it's all in a day's work!

Any dating site that is caught doing this, should be fined heavily for this kind of disgusting practice.

And here I had hope to be married to Jusad by my 45th birthday in April! :(

Chris