Reload this Page >

360: Hoops 2K6 & Top Spin delayed

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-06-06, 08:04 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take-Two saw $1.2 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ending on October 31, 2005. That is much less than the previous year. The company cites R&D expenses as the culprit, but we can't help but think the NFL 2K loss at the expense of EA's exclusive deal couldn't have helped. The publisher also announced they wouldn't be hitting their Q1 2006 targets either. From the article: "Another reason Take-Two won't make its previous Q1 FY2006 guidance is today's revelation that two major 2K Sports titles, Top Spin 2 (Xbox 360, DS, and Game Boy Advance) and College Hoops 2K6 (Xbox 360, PlayStation 2), have been pushed back from their January 2006 release dates. The official reason given for the delays was to 'provide additional development time.'"
Old 01-06-06, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Hopefully we'll get a chance to demo them, It'd be a nice way for the developers to tide us over until the game actually comes out.
Old 01-06-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
I just saw that. A bit disappointing. I guess my launch titles will have to last me until March when Burnout is released, and April for Top Spin.
Old 01-06-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I kept hearing Top Spin being delayed, but College Hoops also...amazing. ONE new release in 2 months....DOA4. Probably the smartest move was not making DOA launch. People may want a new game and DOA4 is the ONLY one out there. Looks like Full Auto may be the next release in February. Disappointing, but hopefully they are getting it right.
Old 01-06-06, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well February looks like it will be much better. Frame City Killer (probably will suck), Fight Night 3, Full Auto, and maybe College Hoops and Top Spin 2.

Starting in March it looks like we are going to be getting a nice steady stream of games.
Old 01-06-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just hope my GameRush last long enough for me to get all my pre-orders
-Oblivion
-Full Auto
-The Outfit
-Gears of War
-Saint's Row (looks REALLY good)
-Ghost Recon 3

Plus 2 more I will get (they let me switch XBOX to 360 games for $10)

I guess good things will come.....I'm content right now. NBA 2K6 Season is taking up a lot of time. I still have to finish Quake 4, but I got annoyed with one part...I kept falling in a hole.
Old 01-06-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shit, I was really looking forward to Top Spin 2. Well, I'm gonna take a stab at actually learning moves for DOA4, so that should hold me over a little.
Old 01-06-06, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
College Hoops 2K6
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dammit - NBA is nice, but I want my college hoops, 360-style!
Old 01-06-06, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Daryl
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dammit - NBA is nice, but I want my college hoops, 360-style!

Maybe they are doing MORE than just a port of the XBOX version. Aren't the controls pretty much the same as NBA 2K6?
Old 01-06-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Maybe they are doing MORE than just a port of the XBOX version. Aren't the controls pretty much the same as NBA 2K6?
pretty much - they added a couple of controls (like using the left trigger to crouch in a defensive stance). They also fixed the AI problems in the other versions where the CPU teams would be oblivious to score/time at the end of the game (wouldn't shoot threes even if down by 3 with 5 seconds left, etc)
Old 01-06-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Neither game interested me, but it's pretty bad form from MS to release a console and no actual new games for months... I'm back to playing with the Ps2 myself while waiting for them to get their act together.
Old 01-06-06, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Bad form? How is it Microsoft's fault for the software delay?

Ever seen a console launch before? Around when the N64 hit the market?
Old 01-06-06, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/06/to...ships-april-7/

Holy crap, Top Spin 2 delayed until April 7th. Oh well, hopefully this means it will be polished and bug free. One can dream, right?
Old 01-06-06, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,927 Likes on 1,490 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I actually like the fact that 2K6 was more a port with improved graphics. It's not like the Xbox360 is great because it allows better control over games (though the button placement is an improvement). I know reviews blasted 2K6 for being a port, but I prefer that over the team starting from scratch and making all new mistakes, and leaving out features that little brother had.
Old 01-09-06, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was really looking for Top Spin...
Old 01-09-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
I actually like the fact that 2K6 was more a port with improved graphics. It's not like the Xbox360 is great because it allows better control over games (though the button placement is an improvement). I know reviews blasted 2K6 for being a port, but I prefer that over the team starting from scratch and making all new mistakes, and leaving out features that little brother had.
Having played 2k6 extensively on both the Xbox and 360, I can attest to the fact that it is far from a port. There is different AI, some of the weird bugs in the Xbox version have been fixed and it's, bottom line, a far greater game. The mediocre reviews for 2k6 360 confuse me, because I think it's one of the greatest sports games I have ever played!
Old 01-10-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
I was interested in trying out Top Spin, since I liked the one on the original Xbox a bunch. The career mode was really fun.

I'm hoping the rest of the stuff I want in Feb./March comes out as planned.
Old 01-10-06, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by fujishig

I don't think 2k6 porting over is the problem. They should've done something extra like adding an All star Weekend (w/ the Slam Dunk contest - the ONLY advantage NBA Live has over 2k6) and pregame/extended half time shows. Be creative and make a fun arcade mode.
Old 01-10-06, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think NBA 2K6 is a GREAT game. I never played the XBOX version, but this one is a LOT of fun. MY games are usually competitive, which is nice. I think graphics are on par with NBA Live (only played DEMO). Now, I just hope College Hoops is good, but I may pass on it this year.
Old 01-10-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by asianxcore
I was interested in trying out Top Spin, since I liked the one on the original Xbox a bunch. The career mode was really fun.
The career mode was excellent. It was very cool having to train and then getting to choose where in the world you wanted to play. Hopefully the new one lives up to it.

Live was even fun for a while, until everyone started using the drop shot cheat.
Old 01-10-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Take 2 has release 3 new screenshots to hold people over: http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gall...Top-Spin-2/p1/

It would be nice if MS could get the first title working on the Backward compatabilitiy in the mean time.
Old 01-19-06, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Couldn't agree more. This title is very high on my want list.