Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Mitsubishi PD-6150 plasma vs. Pioneer Elite PRO-1410 HD?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

My dad is going to upgrade to one of these models w/in the next month. I went looking for reviews online and I couldn't find any. Nothing at AudioReview and no luck on a search on HTF. Anyone have experience with either of these?

Personally, I'm leaning towards telling him to go w/ the Mitsu simply because it's cheaper, and we've both had extremely good experiences w/ their TVs. He still has a 35" tube Mitsu that he bought in '86 or so.
Old 01-02-06, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my Mits RPTV, but if I had the spare cash I would buy the Pioneer Elite. Pioneer Elite has made, in my opinion, some of the best tvs for over a decade. The only thing I would take over an Elite is a Runco.
Old 01-03-06, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Everything I've heard about the Pioneer plasmas has been positive. However, can it be that much better for a few extra grand? He has the money to spend, so it's not a huge difference. I'm just trying to figure out if it really is worth the extra, since they have very similar features.
Old 01-03-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Everything I've heard about the Pioneer plasmas has been positive. However, can it be that much better for a few extra grand? He has the money to spend, so it's not a huge difference. I'm just trying to figure out if it really is worth the extra, since they have very similar features.
Only your father can make the call if it's worth the extra money. I think the Elites are at or near the top of the line when it comes to plasmas and the only thing that would stop me from buying one is the cost. Have you had a chance to compare the sets side by side?
Old 01-03-06, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BobDole42
Only your father can make the call if it's worth the extra money. I think the Elites are at or near the top of the line when it comes to plasmas and the only thing that would stop me from buying one is the cost. Have you had a chance to compare the sets side by side?
No. That's my next step. Although, I don't think there are too many places here that carry the ultra high end stuff from Pioneer. May have to do some searching around for that.
Old 01-03-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Now he sees a Fujitsu 63" seen here: http://plasmavision.com/P63XTA51US_63inchspecs.htm and is thinking about that. Man, I just need to post this over at HTF.