Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Timesplitters: Future Perfect...anyone play & how is it?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-28-05, 11:53 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 889 Likes on 752 Posts

I am thinking of getting this for the Gamecube. I was never really into 1st person shooters, but want one and played a little of part 2. I think it is fairly easy to get into.

So how is it as a game? and how is the single player story?
Old 12-28-05, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
If you liked TS2, this is more of the same. Basically, the storyline is an excuse to piece together different FPS environments. For example, this one has a snow level, a blimp level, a haunted house level, etc. Lots of different weapons, lots of unlockable characters, and is most likely the best FPS available on the Gamecube. I enjoyed it, and at the current pricepoint, it's a pretty good deal. Graphics and character models aren't the greatest, but it is very humorous.

I've never played the gamecube version before, though... the control scheme on that controller might take some getting used to.
Old 12-28-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I REALLY enjoyed this game on XBOX. I thought it was very enjoyable. The single player was a bit short, but fun while it lasted. The LIVE play was excellent and I think you can have BOTS for offline multiplayer (not sure if GameCube is same)
Old 12-28-05, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
If you liked TS2, this is more of the same. Basically, the storyline is an excuse to piece together different FPS environments. For example, this one has a snow level, a blimp level, a haunted house level, etc. Lots of different weapons, lots of unlockable characters, and is most likely the best FPS available on the Gamecube. I enjoyed it, and at the current pricepoint, it's a pretty good deal. Graphics and character models aren't the greatest, but it is very humorous.

I've never played the gamecube version before, though... the control scheme on that controller might take some getting used to.
what pricepoint do you see, because i still see full price ($49.99)?
Old 12-28-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's been $10-$20 at places on sale....

Check HALF.com or EBAY for the LOWEST prices probably
Old 12-28-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
At the gamefly sale (used games, but excellent condition and free shipping, plus three bucks off) it's currently at 25 or so (the prices seem to fluctuate). The PS2 version is only 18 bucks!

It's also only 10 bucks at TRU, but I'm pretty sure they've all been wiped out (the Gamecube version has been on sale for 20 bucks for a couple of months now). They were also clearanced at some Targets some time back.

Although I bought it for the original price (well, 30 bucks after trade in at Gamerush), I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for it now.
Old 12-28-05, 04:08 PM

thanks for prices.
any more thoughts on the game itself?
Old 12-28-05, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved it on the Xbox. Played through the entire game in a weekend.

It's an FPS with a more humorous tone to it. It's honestly well worth picking up, so long as you enjoy a little goofball humor.

The multiplayer is excellent, especially the mapmaker, which lets you create massive maps themed to time periods. I did one of Winchester Mystery House that was a lot of fun. When you change the time period of the map, the weapons change accordingly, though if I recall you can override that part.

On top of it all, it's one of the few console FPS' with awesome bots. Some of them play as well as human players, and when you set the match to contain multiple high-level bots, you'll swear it was a human game.

On Live it was pretty fun, though it could get laggy thanks to EA's craptacular servers.
Old 12-29-05, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Calico
I loved it on the Xbox. Played through the entire game in a weekend.

It's an FPS with a more humorous tone to it. It's honestly well worth picking up, so long as you enjoy a little goofball humor.

The multiplayer is excellent, especially the mapmaker, which lets you create massive maps themed to time periods. I did one of Winchester Mystery House that was a lot of fun. When you change the time period of the map, the weapons change accordingly, though if I recall you can override that part.

On top of it all, it's one of the few console FPS' with awesome bots. Some of them play as well as human players, and when you set the match to contain multiple high-level bots, you'll swear it was a human game.

On Live it was pretty fun, though it could get laggy thanks to EA's craptacular servers.
can you do map maker for a single-player game?

and, is Future Perfect very similar to TS 2?

Last edited by OldBoy; 12-29-05 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-30-05, 01:30 PM

anyone else add to the already good comments about this game?
Old 12-30-05, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have a cover scan for the Xbox version? My copy has some weird hole in the middle of the logo. It has been driving me crazy.
Old 12-30-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
anyone else add to the already good comments about this game?
I hated the control scheme in TS2, but they give you the option to go with the more traditional control scheme in TS3
Old 12-31-05, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I hated the control scheme in TS2, but they give you the option to go with the more traditional control scheme in TS3
what does more traditional mean? what would be the best scheme for someone who doesn't play FPS' like ever?