Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Noob Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-05, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob Question

Not a noob to DVD Talk, but a complete noob to the DVD Exchange Forum. I Am thinking of selling some of my OOP DVDs. I have a very large DVD collection and am not looking to trade as I have pretty much everything I want. Don't really want to do the whole Amazon / eBay selling thing. So my question is: Is it okay to just list items for sale or are people expected to be open to trades as well. Also, when you list items for sale is the cost of shipping supposed to be included in the listed price? Thanks.

P.S. I read the "Exchange Forum Guidelines" and I know it's okay to sell items - but I wasn't sure if it was okay to only sell and not trade.
Old 12-26-05, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Not a noob to DVD Talk, but a complete noob to the DVD Exchange Forum. I Am thinking of selling some of my OOP DVDs. I have a very large DVD collection and am not looking to trade as I have pretty much everything I want. Don't really want to do the whole Amazon / eBay selling thing. So my question is: Is it okay to just list items for sale or are people expected to be open to trades as well. Also, when you list items for sale is the cost of shipping supposed to be included in the listed price? Thanks.

P.S. I read the "Exchange Forum Guidelines" and I know it's okay to sell items - but I wasn't sure if it was okay to only sell and not trade.
"Rule #1. I'm #1." -- Joe Dirt

Ok, all kidding aside...

It's ok to list dvds for sale only, and not for trade. It's a good idea to state that in the title because people will always ask to see if you're going to make exceptions and are willing to trade for something on their trade list.

If you're selling your dvds, you must list a price next to each one. This is to avoid auctioneering.

It's up to you to either set a price on shipping. You can include it in your prices, you can make a model such as "if you buy up to 2, shipping is a dollar for each dvd, buy 3, and shipping is $2 total...buy 4 or more, and shipping is free." It's totally up to you. Just look at some of the other threads on here and find one that works for you.

Good luck!