DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : A Different World

beatccr
12-22-05, 04:34 PM
i'm watching season one of "A Different World" and i was wondering if anyone knew where Hillman College was supposed to have been located? They keep mentioning VA Beach and Whitley refers about how close it is to Richmond but I have yet to hear the exact location other than the Huxtable family has to travel south to get there.

Anyone know? Thanks.

Timber
12-22-05, 05:11 PM
I would guess it's supposed to be in the Hampton area when the storyline warrents it. Most other times it's just Any Black College, USA

from IMDB

The visuals of the campus buildings and entrance to the fictional Hillman College were of Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

Amel
12-22-05, 07:48 PM
I always thought they were basing it on Howard University.

Giantrobo
12-23-05, 12:31 AM
It's funny, when the school was shown in "The Cosby Show" and early eps of this series it wasn't an all black College. Suddenly they got rid of all the non-blacks. :lol:

IT'S RACIAL!!! :grunt:

raven56706
12-23-05, 07:53 AM
why did the daughter of the cosby show leave a different world

CPA-ESQ.
12-23-05, 09:26 AM
why did the daughter of the cosby show leave a different world

She was put on Double Secret Probation. I told her not to hang out with those Delta's.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.
12-23-05, 09:47 AM
she left the show so she could be with Lenny Kravitz full time :eyebrow:

Timber
12-23-05, 11:21 AM
She got pregnant and they couldn't figure out how to (or just didn't want to) write it into the show.

IamHydrogen1
12-23-05, 11:48 AM
I developed a Costanza-like obsession with Marisa Tomei around the time that show aired.

sjrab16
12-23-05, 12:50 PM
It's funny, when the school was shown in "The Cosby Show" and early eps of this series it wasn't an all black College. Suddenly they got rid of all the non-blacks. :lol:

IT'S RACIAL!!! :grunt:

I realize you are joking, but it was always a Black college. However Black colleges to have white people going to them. In the show Marisa Tomei was the token the first year, then later season Freddie (Who was half white) had her white cousin come to college.

Red Dog
12-23-05, 01:19 PM
I always thought it was in Georgia.

tsohg
12-23-05, 03:13 PM
I think it was in VA cause I remember one ep when they where wanting to drive down to ATL for Freaknik.

Giantrobo
12-24-05, 05:06 AM
I realize you are joking, but it was always a Black college. However Black colleges to have white people going to them. In the show Marisa Tomei was the token the first year, then later season Freddie (Who was half white) had her white cousin come to college.

Whatever, I never watched the show close enough to notice any other white devi...er um... white people... after Marisa Tomei. :p