DVD Talk
Nip/Tuck - "Cherry Peck"/"Quentin Costa" - *Season Finale* 12/20 [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Nip/Tuck - "Cherry Peck"/"Quentin Costa" - *Season Finale* 12/20

MrX
12-20-05, 02:19 AM
"Cherry Peck"
Christian learns the truth about Kimber's wedding day disappearance; Quentin is brought in for questioning about the Carver case; a transgender woman blackmails Sean.

"Quentin Costa"
The Carver attacks a sorority house; Sean, Christian, Matt and Cherry Peck are involved in separate games of torture; Julia makes a discovery about her pregnancy; the identity of the Carver is revealed.

Starts at 10:00EST
Both episodes are repeated starting at midnight eastern.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 07:16 AM
Here is my script for the season finale (reposted from the Carver poll thread). I am basing this on known information from the previews and episode descriptions and my own intuition of the direction of the show I think that I will be pretty close when it goes down.

NOTE - I won't be naming the Carver, because I don't know and no one else does either. They filmed EIGHT reveals for the season finale, so to do so would be pointless.

IMPORTANT!! - THE BELOW IS MORE THAN FAN-FICTION. I do reveal a bit of insider info that has been revealed, so only read if you want to be spoiled as to the events (as I do not name the Carver).

Cherry Peck (s03e14)

Matt-centric. After seeing a transvestite being treated poorly at a mall, Matt feels remorse for the way he treated Cherry Peck. He pays her a visit to apologize and finds out that she is now fully post-op. They have sex. He also asks Sean (or is blackmailed by her in exchange for not going to the police about the beating) to help Cherry look more feminine, which troubles Sean. Unfortunately, Ariel sees this and is freaked out. She contacts her father. Later, she confronts Matt about it and he refuses to admit that it wasn't consentual. He leaves her in distress. She then reports to the police that Matt raped her and also his involvement in Cara Fitzgerald's hit and run. Matt is arrested. Sean comes down to the police station and is present during the questioning. He is stunned to learn of Matt's involvement in Cara Fitzgerald's accident and does not believe Matt about anything. Christain receives a bloody package from the Carver containing Kimber's breast implants.

Quentin Costa (s03e15)

Carver-centric. The episode begins with the aftermath of a murder/rape at a sorority house by the Carver. M/T is called in to help with the damage. In questioning the girls, they ask about condoms. They find out that the Carver
used a dildo. This is a strange revelation and they bring it to Kit. She makes the comment that it doesn't change anything, as "rape is about power, not sex". Christain accuses Liz of being the Carver, but realizes that she is not capable. Sean also talks with Julia about her pregnancy. He asks if she and
Quentin had sex. She said they did, but she used a dildo on him, he could not perform in the normal way. Sean connects the two and tells Christian, who then both go to Kit. Kit informs them that she has long suspected Quentin and is making preparations to catch him. Christain goes with Sean to see her at the hospital. He forces his way into the room to see her. She is behind a sheet and she asks why he hasn't tried to find her. She holds him responsible for what the Carver did to her. He has brutalized her and transformed her into an "adult fetus". The reveal is gruesome, and includes a feeding tube fashioned like an umbilical cord. Christain tells her he loves her and leaves the room. He then is enraged and prepares to catch Quentin. He calls him and tells him that Kimber is found and that he will make her "as good as new". Quentin offers to help, but Christain says that he will be at the office, all night, by himself, doing the surguries. He then tells Kit and the plan is to capture him at M/T (that's the SWAT image). The Carver then bursts into M/T and is shot at by the police. In the mayhem, he escapes. Kit and the police then go to Quentin's, where they find him tied up and carved with the message "I Can't Stop" written in blood above him. The final scene is then the Carver revealed in one of two ways:

1) A main character noticing a bruised and bloodied shoulder, crudely stitched and being confused how it got that way
2) A steamy mirror bathroom reveal

So that's how I see it happening. I'm very curious to see how close I am in the final episode! This season has been great!

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 07:18 AM
In my personal opinion only, going into the final episode, my top three Carver choices are:

1) Jude
2) Quentin
3) Sean

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 07:28 AM
MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING!!!

Okay, the links below are promo pictures direct from the FX site that show one of the actor/ess as the Carver unmasked. Whether or not it's true or just a ploy to lead us astray, I can't tell you for sure.

You have been warned

http://www.fxnetworks.com/press/shows/niptuck/season3/source/220.jpg

http://www.fxnetworks.com/press/shows/niptuck/season3/source/218.jpg

http://www.fxnetworks.com/press/shows/niptuck/season3/source/219.jpg

treszoks
12-20-05, 08:29 AM
My Tivo has the episodes running at 2:04 so pad accordingly:)

treszoks
12-20-05, 08:31 AM

SPOILER WARNING!!!

Okay, the links below are promo pictures direct from the FX site that show one of the actor/ess as the Carver unmasked. Whether or not it's true or just a ploy to lead us astray, I can't tell you for sure.

You have been warned

That would be the obvious choice it would seem like. Plus the theory of it being two people also.

Seantn
12-20-05, 10:29 AM
I don't get it...why would they post that on the FX site?

MrX
12-20-05, 10:39 AM
Red Herring

dadaluholla
12-20-05, 11:00 AM
I guess they decided that it was so obvious storywise, we might as well just post pics of it too. That is pretty wack.
:)
Hopefully it is just some kind of swerve.

B.A.
12-20-05, 12:01 PM
Red Herring
I think so, too.

riley_dude
12-20-05, 12:25 PM
I think if they filmed eight different endings, what's to stop them from taking pics of each person with the carver mask.
By the way, I want one of those for Halloween.

TheNightFlier
12-20-05, 01:05 PM
I think if they filmed eight different endings, what's to stop them from taking pics of each person with the carver mask.

Yeah I doubt they'd put the photo of the real carver up before the finale tonight. Just another thing to throw people off. Should be interesting to see who it is.

IDrinkMolson
12-20-05, 01:08 PM

SPOILER WARNING!!!

You have been warned

Getting Page not found...

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 01:52 PM
Getting Page not found...

That would probably make them legit.

I will get them re-posted tonight.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 01:53 PM

They sort of did

http://www.iamthecarver.com

Those are official FX promo pics.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 03:03 PM

SPOILER WARNING!!!

You have been warned

I uploaded the photos referrencing the above. Same SPOILER warnings apply:

http://photobucket.com/albums/c37/DVDJosh/

dadaluholla
12-20-05, 03:15 PM
I think the spoiler pics are definitely how it will end up on the show now. I don't think its to throw us off. I wish it was. Oh well. Still should be a good show.

riley_dude
12-20-05, 03:52 PM
They sort of did

http://www.iamthecarver.com

Those are official FX promo pics.
Ok, all the people dressing up and doing the mock slashes on their faces is a bit weird.

What if all the pics shown of the cast being unmasked is true. Maybe they are all the Carver and next season the show will go drastically in a new direction.

Article about the Carver and Nip/Tuck in USA today.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-12-19-niptuck_x.htm

boogieman03
12-20-05, 04:51 PM
Man I'm excited to watch the finale tonight. Should be fun.

riley_dude
12-20-05, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know what this clue means??

Fom theresa: Who is the Carver?

Well, I guess you've waited this long. I may as well tell you. It's Jay-Z. That's another clue.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know what this clue means??

Fom theresa: Who is the Carver?

Well, I guess you've waited this long. I may as well tell you. It's Jay-Z. That's another clue.

Jay-Z's given name is Sean Carter

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 05:47 PM
If the pictures are accurate, I have to believe that neither of them are who they claim to be.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 05:52 PM
If the pictures are accurate, I have to believe that neither of them are who they claim to be.

I agree 100%.

kevin75
12-20-05, 10:03 PM
so i wonder if that beginning will narrow the suspects down any?

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 10:32 PM
Dear lord. In good news, I've been right about alot of stuff so far. In bad news, I'm freaked out by this episode so far.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 10:44 PM
After that scene in the police station

I wonder if Quetin HAS a penis?!?!?! Seems not possible after the frat party and the orgy with Kimber and Kit

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 10:45 PM

I wonder if Quetin HAS a penis?!?!?! Seems not possible after the frat party and the orgy with Kimber and Kit

Destruction of evidence that would tend to incriminate him?

DGibFen
12-20-05, 10:46 PM

Did he ever get that far during that scene?

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 10:49 PM
Did he ever get that far during that scene?

Didn't he get head from the girl when he went out with Sean? I thought that what she was doing when he gave Sean that creepy smile.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 10:55 PM
I certainly called that one :)

DGibFen

And we have a winner!!!

TheNightFlier
Didn't he get head from the girl when he went out with Sean? I thought that what she was doing when he gave Sean that creepy smile.

Thats what I thought, plot hole?

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 10:58 PM
And we have a winner!!!

My OCD has come in handy for once :D

dadaluholla
WTF! I can't believe we have another whole hour of this to go! Yow.

Ranger
The house I'm staying at for the xmas break doesn't have FX.

So some details on the episodes would be nice. :)

DVD Josh
Thats what I thought, plot hole?

As will be revealed later, perhaps not.

kevin75
12-20-05, 11:02 PM
they just showed the quick clip of the carver "unmasking" at the beginning of hour 2. this just makes me think even more that it's gonna be merril bobolit. the motive for taking kimber is there because if i recall correctly, he and christian had some issues in season 1 before merrill flamed out.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 11:05 PM
I loved the smile at the end of the opening unmasking. Shit freaky.

boogieman03
12-20-05, 11:07 PM
AHAHAHHAAHH. Quentin has no Penis.

TheNightFlier
12-20-05, 11:08 PM
haha well there's the answer.....

SexualPudding
12-20-05, 11:17 PM
AHAHAHHAAHH. Quentin has no Penis.

Yeah, you should probably spoiler tag that. Personally, I don't care because if I don't want something spoiled, I wouldn't go wandering into a thread discussing the very episode I am gonna watch, but others will, and it doesn't air on the west coast for people with cable until 10pm.

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 11:17 PM
haha well there's the answer.....

...if we can trust what he says.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 11:18 PM
...if we can trust what he says.

There were pictures, Kit saw it, etc.

It's true.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 11:18 PM
I'm sure there was something to the comment that the Carve job was "amatuer"

dadaluholla
12-20-05, 11:19 PM
I think everything is still pointing to our earlier spoiler pics of the Quentin and Kit team. I was hoping it was Merrill but oh well...

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 11:22 PM
There were pictures, Kit saw it, etc.

It's true.

We know he doesn't have one now.

TheNightFlier
12-20-05, 11:24 PM
I think everything is still pointing to our earlier spoiler pics of the Quentin and Kit team. I was hoping it was Merrill but oh well...

Starting to look like that to me also. I'd rather see another person, or the split personality than those two though.

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 11:25 PM
...and there it is.

DGibFen
Wait... what???

DVD Josh
Looks like those promo pics were legit!!

kevin75
12-20-05, 11:26 PM
ok, if that's true i hope they have a damn good explanation.

DVD Josh
I honestly think that it's WAY too early for the WHOLE story to be revealed. But very cool reveal, I must say.

Borst
hope it's a dream sequence or something else cause that would be pretty lame if there wasn't a big twist

DGibFen
12-20-05, 11:27 PM
So the red herring wasn't really one after all? I'm slightly disappointed.

TheNightFlier
12-20-05, 11:27 PM
I honestly think that it's WAY too early for the WHOLE story to be revealed. But very cool reveal, I must say.

Exactly. There's gotta be A LOT more to it. Hopefully...........

dadaluholla
12-20-05, 11:28 PM
awwwwww....
Hopefully there is still some sort of twist left in the last half hour.

Jimmy James
hope it's a dream sequence or something else cause that would be pretty lame if there wasn't a big twist

The big twist is overrated. The answer has been staring at everyone. I give this a :thumbsup:

DVD Josh
If true, I'd like to gracious and shamelessly congratulate myself for hacking FXnetworks :)

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 11:29 PM
awwwwww....
Hopefully there is still some sort of twist left in the last half hour.

I think it's very likely there is still a twist.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 11:29 PM
The big twist is overrated. The answer has been staring at everyone. I give this a :thumbsup:

That's the twist. It's always been there, and we deceived ourselves into thinking it might be something else. Brilliant, if you think about it.

DGibFen
12-20-05, 11:33 PM
It's genital removal night on an all-new Nip/Tuck!

SexualPudding
12-20-05, 11:35 PM
I am wondering why the hell Ryan Murphy and others kept saying that the Carver would not be revealed until the final scene....

If it was for ratings, that is a half assed excuse, as plenty of people are watching this episode just knowing the Carver would be revealed period, regardless of what part of the episode it was in. I see nothing to gain by lying about that, unless.......

There is more to it than what we have seen to this point. Hmmm... I know that brings the other part of the FX pics into play, and I am assuming that is it, but we'll see.

kelso
12-20-05, 11:35 PM
I am more afraid for Matt than I am for Sean and Christain

Jimmy James
12-20-05, 11:41 PM
I am wondering why the hell Ryan Murphy and others kept saying that the Carver would not be revealed until the final scene....

Maybe it's because it's the truth. We'll have to see.

DGibFen
12-20-05, 11:41 PM
Well, that was a toe-curling fifteen minutes.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 11:42 PM

If it was for ratings, that is a half assed excuse, as plenty of people are watching this episode just knowing the Carver would be revealed period, regardless of what part of the episode it was in. I see nothing to gain by lying about that, unless.......

There is more to it than what we have seen to this point. Hmmm... I know that brings the other part of the FX pics into play, and I am assuming that is it, but we'll see.

He didn't. He said the Carver would be revealed. I really am amazed how many people got what he said wrong. Another misconception is the "the character has been around since S1" thing. He actually said "the character has been around for AWHILE".

But...to play devil's advocate...the final scene hasn't happened yet.

dadaluholla
12-20-05, 11:42 PM
Who would have thought Matt would have had the more disturbing story going? Well i guess it's not surprising that Matt is disturbing but still...

SexualPudding
12-20-05, 11:45 PM
He didn't. He said the Carver would be revealed. I really am amazed how many people got what he said wrong. Another misconception is the "the character has been around since S1" thing. He actually said "the character has been around for AWHILE".

But...to play devil's advocate...the final scene hasn't happened yet.

Well, you are right about half of that...a lot of people definitely misconstrued the part about how long whoever the Carver was had been around.

The other part, you are mistaken. I can guarantee Murphy himself said that it would be "the final scene of the final episode". This was from the issue of Entertainment Weekly that came out right as this season was getting ready to premiere. There is no mistaking that.

raven56706
12-20-05, 11:47 PM
wow...... this show is weird..... big let down with the revealing

Borst
12-20-05, 11:47 PM
I still think Kit is the carver and she just found a way to get the blame on someone else

leepyswetr
12-20-05, 11:48 PM
Is the writing on this show always this bad?

DVD Josh
This is HER story.

SexualPudding
I think so too. Or someone else. Quentin is not the whole story.

SexualPudding
12-20-05, 11:51 PM
I am real pissed those promo pics made their way on here today right about now.

Borst
12-20-05, 11:52 PM
ah Kit is Quentins sister and they are both the carver

DGibFen
12-20-05, 11:52 PM
Wow. Kinda saw that coming, but wow.

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 11:53 PM
here she comes....

raven56706
12-20-05, 11:53 PM
wow

DVD Josh
12-20-05, 11:57 PM
There's that famous "scene in Spain" that got everyone worked up over Ava, even though she was in FRANCE

Jimmy James
12-21-05, 12:00 AM
Well, I'm satisfied. The answer wasn't as straighforward as I predicted, but it was close enough. Now, I just wonder which one of these not dead storylines will come back to bite somebody in the ass next season. Time will tell, I suppose.

Borst
12-21-05, 12:01 AM
so Matts been in on 2 major incidents with people dying/almost dying and still walks around scott-free

dadaluholla
12-21-05, 12:02 AM
Well i didn't want to believe it would be that predictable (but I guess with it being that predictable I spent a lot of time saying they couldn't possibly make it that obvious which led to some second guessing and...) Ah hell it was two good episodes no matter what.
Troy/Mcnamara is gathering quite a rogues gallery.

DVD Josh
12-21-05, 12:02 AM
Well, I'm satisfied. The answer wasn't as straighforward as I predicted, but it was close enough. Now, I just wonder which one of these not dead storylines will come back to bite somebody in the ass next season. Time will tell, I suppose.

I think that it's going to be the Julia's baby storyline. I bet it really isn't Sean's (again). Or it will have some huge deformity. Or both!!

dadaluholla
12-21-05, 12:06 AM
I bet Matt will have an affair with the new deformed baby next season.

boogieman03
12-21-05, 12:07 AM
F that. I'm okay with who it was revealed to be. They telegraphed it the whole time, well at least half of it anyway and we were thinking it was going to be more complicated than that.
To tell ya the truth, I'm kinda pissed they got away.

SexualPudding
12-21-05, 12:12 AM
Watching this all unfold drove home, for me, how silly a lot of people have been, myself included, about this whole Carver thing. If you take it just for what it is and don't let yourself get carried away by it as a lot of us did, you realize:

The Carver was never meant to be a long term storyline. That has been mentioned a lot lately, however it apparently didn't dawn on a lot of people. If it had, there wouldn't have been scores of people predicting Christian, Sean, Matt, and Julia to ultimately be behind the mask. Since it was never meant to be a big integral part of the show, why would Ryan Murphy essentially ruin the core aspect of it on something that was a throwaway to begin with? He wouldn't, and didn't.

TheNightFlier
12-21-05, 12:13 AM
I'm looking forward to the aftermath. Christian and Sean know, so I'm wondering how they're going to address the whereabouts of them in Season 4.

raven56706
12-21-05, 12:18 AM
I bet the baby is actually Oswald Cobbalpot...... aka The Penguin

MrX
12-21-05, 12:18 AM
I think part of the problem has been the actors and Ryan Murphy spent so much time talking about how huge and surprising it was going to be and then it turns out it was the guy who has been the obvious choice for the last half of the season.

As soon as Kit started talking about the sister it was pretty obvious it was going to be her as well.

kelso
12-21-05, 12:19 AM
Wait how did Kit become an english detective?

12-21-05, 12:20 AM
Is Kit really that stupid to think that Christian and Sean "think Quentin's dead" as in they are totally safe? Once his body goes missing from the morgue there will be a big investigation. Or am I missing something here?

Jimmy James
12-21-05, 12:21 AM
I'm looking forward to the aftermath. Christian and Sean know, so I'm wondering how they're going to address the whereabouts of them in Season 4.

This isn't a series that has given us a lot of aftermath in the past. For instance, we don't know:

- What happened with the drug dealer -- did the authorities figure out that he wasn't the guy the surgeons made him look like? Did they catch the other guy?

- What happened to Bobolit after he carved into his face. Is he dead? In a mental hospital? In prison? Running around doing who knows what with Christian totally forgetting he exists?

- What happened to Cara Fitzgerald and Matt's friend.

- What happened with Ava and the Alec Baldwin character.

- All of the things they left hanging tonight.

That's just off the top of my head, too. They could spend the whole next season addressing outcomes from stories, or they could deem this one important enough to address. As I mentioned before, we'll just have to see where they decide to take us.

Jimmy James
12-21-05, 12:22 AM
Is Kit really that stupid to think that Christian and Sean "think Quentin's dead" as in they are totally safe? Once his body goes missing from the morgue there will be a big investigation. Or am I missing something here?

Perhaps they killed a bum on the way out of town and sliced him up well enough that nobody is really missing Q-ball's body. Still, they should go looking for her surely. The thing is -- I doubt she realizes how badly she screwed up with her lie.

IDrinkMolson
12-21-05, 12:39 AM
The wife ruined the big reveal scene. She was asking me who was that under the covers on the bed. And, as I turned to tell her, the Carver runs out from the corner and stabs Sean in the neck with the needle.

I think it's even more diabolical that Kit arrested Christian now that we know.

Anyway, I'm still laughing at the possibility of Liz being the carver.

Darq
12-21-05, 12:41 AM
After the spooge-lotion and the contrasting "you need to do it yourself" scenes -- along with this whole crazy "hey sis -- let's cut each other up" .. i don't think they jumped over the shark -- they jumped over an entire freaking ocean full of em..

ChristopherS
12-21-05, 01:04 AM
I love that the show is over the top and I'm sure I'll be into next season, but I felt that the show crossed a line of rediculousness (call it shark jumping if you want) when Kit said Quinten didn't have a penis. How many people on this show once had a penis, or don't have one at all, or have one but shouldn't... I feel like at least half the cast and I'm starting to lose track.
The whole Quinten/Kit thing doesn't add up for me but there's too many questions in my head right now to even get started. Though, how Kit became ENGLISH is a good one for now. I don't think half their victims had plastic surgery anyway. I can understand their motivation but it doesn't add up. And it was SO OBVIOUS it was Kit once you saw Quinten was alive (hello, she "shot" him) but they held off on revealing that for a bit anyway. But I've said all along this wasn't going to make sense, so with that in mind it was an enjoyable edge-of-your-seat episode so I can't complain.

slop101
12-21-05, 01:24 AM
Did we ever see Julia's OB tell her what the deal was with her baby?

It seems like I missed it or something.

MrX
12-21-05, 01:26 AM
Did we ever see Julia's OB tell her what the deal was with her baby?

nope

riley_dude
12-21-05, 01:31 AM
Is the writing on this show always this bad?
No, actually it is a lot better usually.
It's obvious Ryan Murphy did not know who the Carver was when he conceived or should I say extended this whole story for more than an episode or else we would have had a more coherant storyline. The whole, I payed the sorority girl to pretend I had a dick was obvious back pedaling because they didnt know it was Quentin at the beginning.
The whole sister/brother explanation was a terrible disappointment and they didnt get caught was even worse.

Blahhhh.

Jimmy James
12-21-05, 01:45 AM
It's obvious Ryan Murphy did not know who the Carver was when he conceived or should I say extended this whole story for more than an episode or else we would have had a more coherant storyline. The whole, I payed the sorority girl to pretend I had a dick was obvious back pedaling because they didnt know it was Quentin at the beginning.

It's funny -- I think it's quite the opposite. I think that was evidence that RM knew it was Quentin and that he went one red herring too far.

Jadzia
12-21-05, 02:30 AM
The whole Quinten/Kit thing doesn't add up for me but there's too many questions in my head right now to even get started. Though, how Kit became ENGLISH is a good one for now.

At the end, she was speaking to Quentn in an American accent so the English accent was fake.

I have been saying for a long time that I never understood where the "Who is the Carver?" burning question came from. The whole plot line started out as a serial rapist attacking people (unrelated to the Troy-McNamara) and it was only after they steped up and started doing the pro-bono work on the victims that they became involved. I never understood where it got into people's heads that it was always someone that we knew from the get-go, since it just began as a random criminal.

The wrap-up tonight was ridiculous and satisfying at the same time. It tied up the loose Carver plot holes an hopefully we are done with that plot.

I actually found myself more tense about Matt's situation than Christian & Troy. Matt has always been an ass but I found myself actually touched by his redemption in reaching out to his tranny-bashing victim. His scenes with Cherry seemed like the most real & human scenes of the show.

So what did they do with Ariel's dad? Did they race Cherry to the hospital for the bleeding? I wish they would have wrapped that up a little better than Matt coming home like nothing happened. You would think they would be cleared of killing the Nazi dad after what he did to them, rather than looking like they covered up a murder.

Marvdog
12-21-05, 02:32 AM
SOMETHING VERY VERY INTERESTING, for those who have the episode recorded go back to the begining of the second hr.. when the characters are unmasking, after Kimber and before Christian, they cut to merill really fast.... after seeing that I thought it was him for sure..

also interesting to note, Kit said, dont start the autopsy w/o me...

it seems that Ryan Murphy did have Kit and Quentin in mind halfway thru this season, when Christian was arrested, both of the characters where in cohoots back then..

Jimmy James
12-21-05, 02:49 AM
So what did they do with Ariel's dad? Did they race Cherry to the hospital for the bleeding? I wish they would have wrapped that up a little better than Matt coming home like nothing happened. You would think they would be cleared of killing the Nazi dad after what he did to them, rather than looking like they covered up a murder.

I agree that I wish they would have finished up that better, but I'm not so sure they would be let off so easily. Even in a big city like Miami, the freak factor is pretty darn high when we're talking about a tranny and a man the victim's family is going to say is the tranny's lover.

Patman
12-21-05, 03:01 AM
I got squeamish for both Sean and Christian with all that snipping of fingers and hands (for surgeons, that's a death knell). That scene was just so tense. Intercutting it with Matt and Cherry's situation just pushed it over the top. Murphy definitely got to 11 with intertwining those 2 subplots together for the finale. I was wondering if we'd find out if Cherry shot off Ariel's dad's nads and log.

I think Julia got bad news from the tests her OBGYN did on the baby.

SexualPudding
12-21-05, 03:13 AM
SOMETHING VERY VERY INTERESTING, for those who have the episode recorded go back to the begining of the second hr.. when the characters are unmasking, after Kimber and before Christian, they cut to merill really fast.... after seeing that I thought it was him for sure..

also interesting to note, Kit said, dont start the autopsy w/o me...

it seems that Ryan Murphy did have Kit and Quentin in mind halfway thru this season, when Christian was arrested, both of the characters where in cohoots back then..

Am I just missing something, or does it seem stupid that Christian was framed, arrested, then Kit has Quentin purposely cut her face to clear Christian? What was the point of all of that, then? I understand why for purposes of the show, but if she hadn't "gotten" cut, all the signs still would have pointed to Christian, no? Is making him suffer more really worth slicing your own face open?

Jimmy James
12-21-05, 03:15 AM
Am I just missing something, or does it seem stupid that Christian was framed, arrested, then Kit has Quentin purposely cut her face to clear Christian? What was the point of all of that, then? I understand why for purposes of the show, but if she hadn't "gotten" cut, all the signs still would have pointed to Christian, no? Is making him suffer more really worth slicing your own face open?

I don't think the point was making him suffer more -- I think the point was to draw publicity to their enterprise to spread their message.

RobCA
12-21-05, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
He didn't. He said the Carver would be revealed. I really am amazed how many people got what he said wrong. Here's the EW article where Ryan Murphy said the Carver would be revealed in the last scene of the last episode of the season:
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1102552_3|86111|233618|1_0_,00.html The last scene of the final episode this season is when we'll learn who the Carver is. When he said that, I doubt they'd filmed the finale yet, so by the time they did, he probably just changed his mind on when the Carver would be revealed. But he did say it.

I've been looking forward to this episode for months, and I gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed with the way it turned out. And having Kit turn out to be Quentin's sister, and in cahoots with him, leaves way too many plot holes. Not only from earlier this season, when they probably hadn't yet decided Kit would be involved, but from tonight's episode as well. (Why would she arrest Liz?!?)

I'm also disappointed they left Julia's storyline dangling the way they did. When she wanted to talk to Sean, I figured it'd be to tell him about the test results. And while I'm glad they're back together, was that out of left field or what?

Oh well, I'm still looking forward to next season... wish it wasn't so far off!

Rob

CaptainMarvel
12-21-05, 03:37 AM
So in Nip/Tuck land, when a police officer shoots a suspect, they don't get a medical examiner (or, hey, one of the two freaking doctors in the room) to check the suspect to see if he's dead? Just throw him in a body bag and take him to the morgue?

Weak finale episode, IMO.

spainlinx0
12-21-05, 04:30 AM
So in Nip/Tuck land, when a police officer shoots a suspect, they don't get a medical examiner (or, hey, one of the two freaking doctors in the room) to check the suspect to see if he's dead? Just throw him in a body bag and take him to the morgue?

Weak finale episode, IMO.

Quick nobody get a pulse.

SexualPudding
12-21-05, 05:00 AM
Why would she arrest Liz?

I am guessing we are supposed to suspend belief when it comes to things such as this. Liz being arrested was obviously strictly for the viewers of the show, to further the mystery. It doesn't make any sense in the whole scheme of things, and neither did her and Q going through all the trouble to set Christian up, arrest him, then have her own face cut just to prove he didn't do it so he could be set free. I don't buy that it was to draw publicity to their message, either. That just sounds like some fandom cop out reason in order to help accept what transpired a little more easily.

Same thing goes if someone says "oh, well she had to look like she was doing due diligence as a detective." Murders go unsolved all the time in the world...it's really nothing new and wouldn't be all that shocking or show a lack of competence on her part as a detective. Alas, there wouldn't have been much to the whole Carver subplot this season if it weren't for the finger pointing and trotting fake suspects into the interrogation room.

DVD Josh
12-21-05, 07:20 AM
Someone said on this board that no matter what happens, some of us would be disappointed. He was right :)

However, the more I think about it, I am NOT. Looking back, it couldn't have been anyone else. No one else made as much sense as Quentin. All the clues were there, we just chose to ignore them because we claimed he was too "obvious". That's what makes it brilliant, IMHO. It would have been cool to pull a Fight Club and make it Sean's alternate personality, or Gina's hatred of the world that gave her AIDS, or Kimber's final snap of Christain / Sean's furtherance of false beauty and the pressure it put on her, or Merrill striking back, etc. But this was the best resolution of the Carver. His storyline is done, and we can move past it and to something else. Quite a ride though.

Seantn
12-21-05, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I was quite puzzled as to how he just sat in the morgue without anyone realizing that he wasn't dead. Kit said "Don't do the autopsy until I arrive!", but are we really supposed to believe that nobody checked his pulse, etc...Or even noticed that he WAS breathing!

kevin75
12-21-05, 08:12 AM
the only thing that i know for sure about this is that i am glad they didn't do the reveal at the end so we had to wait til next season for the resolution of it. the fact that we got the reveal and and explanation is a good thing.

dadaluholla
12-21-05, 08:50 AM
So when exactly did Gina get carved? Did I miss that part?

DVD Josh
12-21-05, 08:56 AM
So when exactly did Gina get carved? Did I miss that part?

No, she claimed to be at M/T to deliver a Christmas present to Christain and ask him to a Christmas party.

dadaluholla
12-21-05, 09:03 AM
No, she claimed to be at M/T to deliver a Christmas present to Christain and ask him to a Christmas party.

Ahhh ok. I dind't miss anything then. That really felt added on, like they were just looking around for someone else to carve at the last minute and said "Hey let's throw Gina in there too".

twa2
12-21-05, 09:13 AM
After much thought, I'm convinced that this finale was the product of an infinite number of monkeys clacking away on typewriters. They may not have produced a Shakespeare work as theorized, but, hey, they're monkeys.

dadaluholla
12-21-05, 09:17 AM
After much thought, I'm convinced that this finale was the product of an infinite number of monkeys clacking away on typewriters. They may not have produced a Shakespeare work as theorized, but, hey, they're monkeys.

Those are some sick sick monkeys...and I think I love them.

funstan
12-21-05, 09:54 AM
You have to love Gina "Don't screw this up asshole"

Groucho
12-21-05, 10:27 AM
Did we ever see Julia's OB tell her what the deal was with her baby?No, however, the test she was doing is used to detect chromosomal disorders, most notably Down's Syndrome.

ruk
12-21-05, 10:36 AM
missed it, guess i will catch it on friday, how was the finale.

Patman
12-21-05, 10:45 AM
Insane, like most other Nip/Tuck episodes.

BamaDan
12-21-05, 10:50 AM
That episode just reeked. Really, really bad. Nice to see a couple of foreshadowing ads for Eli Roth's _Hostel_ before the tortue scenes. And the whole deus ex machina brother/sister team was a real howler. It felt like I was watching a bad horror movie from the early 80's or something. Bad. Bad. Bad. I expect to see over the top when Nip/Tuck is on, but this was just horrid. On a better note, the teaser for "Thief" looked good.

raven56706
12-21-05, 11:32 AM
the commercials for the Shield looked awesome....

cleaver
12-21-05, 11:43 AM
Huge coincidence that McNamara/Troy brings in Quentin from Atlanta to assist on the Carver surgeries AND the Miami police department brings in Kit from the UK to assist in the Carver investigation. I mean, the odds of that are like 1 in (the number of plastic surgeons on the east coast) x (the number of homicide detectives in the world).

pdutta2000
12-21-05, 12:05 PM
I liked everything until the last scene. I have a bad feeling that we'll be seeing the carver return next year. Since no one checks for a pulse in Miami, I highly doubt that anyone would check for a missing body either. Thus, when the carver returns next year...everyone will think it's a copycat until Quentin is revealed again...and most likely escapes again...only to return again...and escape again.

Cusm
12-21-05, 12:20 PM
I would say the last couple of shows have had the best writing of the entire series - because I actually don't hate Matt now. Great job, 3 weeks ago I would have cheered for him to cut off his own head, but they have done a good job at his salvation.
I was disapointed they went with Quinton, was hoping they would blind side us with another lesser character or one we had not seen for a while.

Jadzia
12-21-05, 12:20 PM
So when exactly did Gina get carved? Did I miss that part? When Sean comes in to check on Dr. Costa after his surgery, there was a brief shot of Gina under the covers, looking knocked out or dead. (I could not even tell who it was at the time). That was when Costa jumped Sean.

I was glad they later explained who it was because that shot was bugging me.

Thos19
12-21-05, 12:26 PM
I wonder if a scene with Gina beeing attacked (as well as Chirstian) was filmed but was edited out for time constraints? They already ran over by 5 minutes (for the cast party footage, I guess). Why not run 15 over?

Thos.

riley_dude
12-21-05, 12:28 PM

It did seem dumb. And remember the greatest ending of the season when Kit is sitting there with tears in her eyes after being slashed? That whole ending is minimized now because it turns out she was never attacked or got hers because it was all a scam.
And when Christian was in Jail and he called the reporter which made the carver strike again? Why would Quentin or Kit do that if they wanted to frame Christian???
Also when Quentin was shot in the end (and since he had a bullet proof vest on) wouldn't people have wondered where the blood was?
Gina coincidentally shows up to give Christian a present?
Also....isn't Ariel going to wonder where Daddy is?
Are Matt's crimes finally going to come back to haunt him finally??

SexualPudding
12-21-05, 12:32 PM
Huge coincidence that McNamara/Troy brings in Quentin from Atlanta to assist on the Carver surgeries AND the Miami police department brings in Kit from the UK to assist in the Carver investigation. I mean, the odds of that are like 1 in (the number of plastic surgeons on the east coast) x (the number of homicide detectives in the world).

There are quite a few things like this that will make you roll your eyes if you look at them too closely, for this show and almost every other one too.

You can also look at the scene where the Carver snuck up behind Sean and injected him and see the ridiculous-ness of it if you want. Like Quentin really needed (or had time) to get himself out of the body bag and then get himself into full Carver garb just so he can sneak up on Sean and inject him, only to pull off his mask. LOL. He could have just done it in his streets, since he obviously didn't care anymore after that if Sean knew who he was. That was all obviously done for the viewer to have a big reveal moment, but if you insert yourself into the show as life, it is pretty stupid.

Re: the Carver coming back next season- I really don't see it happening. I am pretty sure since Ryan Murphy never planned on it being anything more than a passing subplot, he is glad to be done with it and get back to the core of the show. I guess there could be a cameo at some point again, though, but the story seems completely resolved to me.

Groucho
12-21-05, 12:36 PM
When Sean comes in to check on Dr. Costa after his surgery, there was a brief shot of Gina under the covers, looking knocked out or dead. (I could not even tell who it was at the time).Me neither. I thought it was a nurse. That whole thing was poorly staged.

rkndkn
12-21-05, 01:05 PM
Also when Quentin was shot in the end (and since he had a bullet proof vest on) wouldn't people have wondered where the blood was?

I think you could see the squib on the vest.

conscience
12-21-05, 01:13 PM
Not a great episode at all (too many out there/wtf/that's not likely moments). I did guess that it was two people long ago - so that wasn't a great surprise either. I expected more (especially when Ryan Murphy was involved).

And I agree - I didn't get the Gina thing until after I watched that part again. Just one of the crazy out there moments in a long line of other out there moments in this episode.

dadaluholla
12-21-05, 01:41 PM
When Sean comes in to check on Dr. Costa after his surgery, there was a brief shot of Gina under the covers, looking knocked out or dead. (I could not even tell who it was at the time). That was when Costa jumped Sean.

I was glad they later explained who it was because that shot was bugging me.

Yeah see I had thought that was that one sorority girl laying there. When they finally mentioned Gina at the end, I thought for sure I had missed something. Oh well.

riley_dude
12-21-05, 01:57 PM
From TV guide.com
Nip/Tuck
How do I start? Hmm. How about this. The show ended and my cell phone rang. It was TVGuide.com's own Daniel Coleridge. I answered because I was dying to hear what he thought of tonight's two-hour season finale. Daniel's a good friend and besides, he's the one who covered Nip/Tuck for Watercooler before I took over this season. "I'm disappointed!" declared Daniel. "Me too!" said I. So at least I wasn't alone. Why oh why did they make Quentin the Carver?!? How terribly predictable. FX even tried throwing us off by releasing that photo of a bloody and carved Quentin. Then they showed Liz being interrogated in last week's coming attractions another way to throw us off. When that Carver mask came off and it was Quentin's face, I screamed "No!" I so wanted it to be someone we didn't suspect. Daniel had predicted weeks ago that it was going to be a woman who raped the victims with a strap-on. Well he was half right. The fact that Quentin has no penis was quite shocking (did I ever think I'd type that anyone "has no penis" in a Watercooler?) and I did like the twist at the very end revealing Kit to be Quentin's sister and coconspirator. As soon as they showed the two of them lounging at a pool, my first thought was "She better not have a British accent!" and thankfully, she didn't. Another thing I liked was Julia deciding to co-own the house with Sean so they could raise the new baby together. But what's wrong with the baby? We'll have to wait until the spring to find out. Julia's Rosemary's Baby-like nightmare both disturbed and amused me. But nothing was more disturbing than Ariel's neo-Nazi, racist, homophobic father kidnapping and torturing Matt and Cherry (the very effective Willam Belli). Umm did Matt cut Cherry's penis off? She sure screamed bloody murder as if he had. Then Cherry escaped out of the almost-grave just in time to hit Ariel's dad on the head with a shovel and shoot him. So I'm guessing she still had her penis? Geez, how many times am I going to type that word? I did love that this whole horrific experience made Matt into a sensible and caring person. Other random thoughts:
- I was impressed that series creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy came back to write and direct the final hour. I only wish he could've made someone else the Carver. Even Joan Rivers would've been better than Quentin.
- Why was there nary a mention of Erica being alive this week or last?
- Kudos to Kelly Carlson for her brilliant acting as Kimber before and after her corrective surgeries.
- Loved Veronica Cartwright as Mother Mary Claire. And that was series writer and producer Jennifer Salt (Eunice from Soap) as the first nun towards the very end. Jennifer's cameo was uncredited, as were coexecutive producers Lyn Greene (young Dorothy from Golden Girls) and Richard Levine as the prospective adoptive parents of Quentin in the flashback.
- Gina's line to Christian cracked me up (after her face was literally cracked by Quentin): "Don't screw this up, a--hole, I'm planning to get a book deal out of this, and I don't want to look like the Joker in my dust jacket."

Were you suprised by the Carver's identity on Nip/Tuck?
Yes. I never saw that twist coming.

38%

No. It was a total letdown.

61%

Jadzia
12-21-05, 02:12 PM
I liked the line Matt said to Ariel at the mall "Sorry, they don't sell Nazi paraphanelia and jackboots here."

The woman at the perfume counter I recognized from somewhere. An Attorney?

riley_dude
12-21-05, 02:21 PM
I liked the line Matt said to Ariel at the mall "Sorry, they don't sell Nazi paraphanelia and jackboots here."

The woman at the perfume counter I recognized as an alien from a Star Trek:TNG episode (the one where the found Data's head in San Francisco.)
That whole scene in the department store was good and the woman in worked in the store always played that grouchy Admiral on Star Trek that never smiled.

Jadzia
12-21-05, 02:37 PM
That's it! I was confusing her with the weird alien chick.

SexualPudding
12-21-05, 02:40 PM
The scene in the department store was really well done, but what is with Brittney Snow's facial expressions? Every time something was said to her, her face got all scrunched up and it looked like she was going to burst into tears at the drop of a hat.

riley_dude
12-21-05, 02:53 PM
Anyone know what that intrumental song was playing during the first surgery? I think it was during the first part of the two episodes.

Green Smurf
12-21-05, 02:54 PM
I knew it, even after everyone made me feel bad, I knew Kit had something to do with it.

The unmasking between eps was freaky though.

Can't wait until next season, whenever that comes on again.

treszoks
12-21-05, 02:57 PM
How dare they go with the obvious choice;)

deadlax
12-21-05, 03:17 PM
The instrumental song during the surgery was an instrumental quasi-version of Coldplay's "Fix You." They obviously couldn't get the rights to the song.

Supermallet
12-21-05, 04:31 PM
Lame reveal. Lame ending. Lame twist. This season has disappointed me several times. I did like the second to last episode, though. And the "unmasking" opening was cool. Especially Christian's.

Also, did anyone else start squirming in their seat when Kit said the Carver inserted rotten chicken fat into Kimber?

DVD Josh
12-21-05, 05:10 PM
Lame reveal. Lame ending. Lame twist. This season has disappointed me several times. I did like the second to last episode, though. And the "unmasking" opening was cool. Especially Christian's.

Also, did anyone else start squirming in their seat when Kit said the Carver inserted rotten chicken fat into Kimber?

I thought it was worse when Christain took it out.

riley_dude
12-21-05, 05:34 PM
The instrumental song during the surgery was an instrumental quasi-version of Coldplay's "Fix You." They obviously couldn't get the rights to the song.

But it's being used for a King Kong Commercial? :rolleyes:

deadlax
12-21-05, 06:01 PM
It was definitely "Fix You." If it wasn't Chris Martin should have a hell of a lawsuit on his hand from whoever wrote that song. It was almost identical, and I was thinking while watching it that "Damn, this sounds a lot like fix you."

ChristopherS
12-21-05, 06:30 PM
RE: Kit's face slashing.
I was going to say that whole thing was stupid too, but what if she was angry about how Christain treated her and decided to try and smear him and his business with the Carver arrest, and this pissed off Quinten who didn't want the Carver deeds being lost to this, so he slashed her in anger, or convinced her this was the only way to publicly get Christian off the hook. Of course, if the show was written better we wouldn't need to fill in all the blanks. I love Ryan Murphy- he has a twisted mind, great sense of humor and creates complex characters- but he has a hard time weaving everything together properly. It was the same on his last show, Popular- start out quirky and dive into lunacy, and that show also had the same sense, after the first season, of 'no one is in charge here, paying attention or caring about detail' as is now the case with Nip/Tuck. For example, how does Matt go from comiting hate crimes to caring so much about a transexual over night? Makes no sense!! Just write a scene that explains it. Fustrating, but I do love it regardless.

sureAV421
12-21-05, 07:24 PM
well i was let down, not because it was Quentin, but because it was just so sloppily done. Having Merril come back to be the carver would certainly make sense, and not have as many plot holes as their choice had.

Jimmy James
12-21-05, 08:17 PM
well i was let down, not because it was Quentin, but because it was just so sloppily done. Having Merril come back to be the carver would certainly make sense, and not have as many plot holes as their choice had.

There may not have been as many plot holes, but the plot holes would have been far more devastating to the Christian character because he would have been reduced to the most moronic character in the history of time for not seeing that the man who wanted to slice off his face be buried, sent to a mental hospital, or sent to prison and then not thinking that the Carver might just be him. I cannot imagine a way to fix that problem. Hell, had the Carver been Bobolit, I would have been cheering for him to disfigure all of the morons who left him to run free after that incident, their family, and anyone they cared about.

riley_dude
12-21-05, 08:22 PM
RE: Kit's face slashing.
I was going to say that whole thing was stupid too, but what if she was angry about how Christain treated her and decided to try and smear him and his business with the Carver arrest, and this pissed off Quinten who didn't want the Carver deeds being lost to this, so he slashed her in anger, or convinced her this was the only way to publicly get Christian off the hook. Of course, if the show was written better we wouldn't need to fill in all the blanks. I love Ryan Murphy- he has a twisted mind, great sense of humor and creates complex characters- but he has a hard time weaving everything together properly. It was the same on his last show, Popular- start out quirky and dive into lunacy, and that show also had the same sense, after the first season, of 'no one is in charge here, paying attention or caring about detail' as is now the case with Nip/Tuck. For example, how does Matt go from comiting hate crimes to caring so much about a transexual over night? Makes no sense!! Just write a scene that explains it. Fustrating, but I do love it regardless.
Well put. Like the Entertainment Weekly Article said recently, it was if Ryan Murphy was off busy editing his new movie that he couldn't put it upon himself to weave a coherant plotline and then came back and threw it all at the wall.

Here's an exerpt from the article:
This season, mayhem rules. That may be because Murphy has so far written only one episode whilst he focuses on his film debut, an adaptation of Augusten Burroughs' memoir Running With Scissors. But the effect is a wild disregard for the audience it's as if he left instructions for the writers to type scripts with only nine fingers, so they can keep one available to flip us the bird.

ChristopherS
12-21-05, 08:51 PM
Well put. Like the Entertainment Weekly Article said recently, it was if Ryan Murphy was off busy editing his new movie that he couldn't put it upon himself to weave a coherant plotline and then came back and threw it all at the wall.

Here's an exerpt from the article:
This season, mayhem rules. That may be because Murphy has so far written only one episode whilst he focuses on his film debut, an adaptation of Augusten Burroughs' memoir Running With Scissors. But the effect is a wild disregard for the audience it's as if he left instructions for the writers to type scripts with only nine fingers, so they can keep one available to flip us the bird.

It happened with Popular too and I don't think he had anything else going on at the time. Via his comentaries on the Popular DVD, and interviews I've read, he seems to dwell on hairstyles, background pieces, and clothing (no pastels or prints for both shows wardrobe) and then has a "who's paying attention anyway" attitude about plot specifics. Mix that with the Carver thing taking on a life of its own and it spelled disaster. But I still can't believe they don't employ someone who's job it is to keep track of stuff and work the mistakes out. Or even that some cast or crew doesn't just say something.

jonw9
12-21-05, 09:28 PM
I thought it was weird the Quentun was shot once in the gut, and was "dead" with no pool of blood, and yet each sorority girl had their own paramedic. That is what I thought was in the office when the carver mad the reveal.

All in all, not as good as I had hoped.

Bell65
12-22-05, 10:30 AM
It did seem dumb. And remember the greatest ending of the season when Kit is sitting there with tears in her eyes after being slashed? That whole ending is minimized now because it turns out she was never attacked or got hers because it was all a scam.
And when Christian was in Jail and he called the reporter which made the carver strike again? Why would Quentin or Kit do that if they wanted to frame Christian???
Gina coincidentally shows up to give Christian a present?
Also....isn't Ariel going to wonder where Daddy is?
Are Matt's crimes finally going to come back to haunt him finally??

It was revenge on behalf of quinton for kit giving christian some sort of credit for all that he had accomplished...think about it...the whole point wasnt to cover up who the carver was but again make M/T more susceptable to the situation and so forth....

As for the vest it was one of those blood packet exploding vests like in the end of the movie Bandits (sorry if it ruins it for someone)

Also, yes im aure aerial will wonder...next season my pets!

snip snip baby!

Bell65
12-22-05, 10:37 AM
First off the Merrill accusations make no sense at all...

again, that bumbleing idiot couldnt carve his way out of a pumpkin...

it would hurt his character and the shows integrity.

Second of all Julia's dream sequence was actually a flashback to the night that Quinton artificially inseminated her/raped her? I believe we'll find he either AI'd her or impregnanted her with hsi real penis and simply tucked it for the cop photos...julia was dazed n drunk after dancing and this is when he did it...

the whole scene was takin from the horror movie rosemary's baby and she now has quinton (ala the devil) inside her...the test results showed the bad gene that quinton carried giving him the birth defect from the incestual relations of his parents...

If it turns out quinton didnt have a penis afterall...im not buying the sorority girl explanation, no way a girl does that for 100 bux...IMo that was a cheeap cover by quinton!

carver wont go away...but wont be predominate next season...i think he will return eveentually...as julais baby situation develops, etc...

riley_dude
12-22-05, 12:45 PM
the whole scene was takin from the horror movie rosemary's baby and she now has quinton (ala the devil) inside her...the test results showed the bad gene that quinton carried giving him the birth defect from the incestual relations of his parents...

I thought it was explained a few episodes back that Julia and Quentin did not sleep together?

Bell65
12-22-05, 03:29 PM
well that julia knows of they didnt...but remember when she came home from that night of dancing and she was tired/drunk n passed out??? think of if quinto n had drugged her, she recollects its dr mcnamara, but turns out it was quinton that did the deed or AI'd her

dadaluholla
12-22-05, 04:03 PM
Here is a question: Did Quentin have balls?

Jadzia
12-22-05, 04:14 PM
I don't think Quentin would have screwed Julia with Liz's dick.

riley_dude
12-22-05, 04:15 PM
I don't think Quentin would have screwed Julia with Liz's dick.
Maybe he borrowed his sisters.

KILLER FINALE: The third-season finale of Nip/Tuck, in which the Carver was revealed to be (SPOILER ALERT FOR ANY LAZY TIVOERS) the brother-sister tag team of Quentin and Kit, drew 5.7 million viewers and set a record as the most-watched episode of any FX original series ever. Just as impressive, the outing attracted 3.9 mil in the coveted 18-to-49 demo, a tally unbeaten by any cable series this year. Lastly, in an unquantifiable measure, it was also just really creepy.

Green Smurf
12-22-05, 06:13 PM
Damn all stuff to think about until next Spring.

dadaluholla
12-22-05, 10:52 PM
Damn all stuff to think about until next Spring.

What happens in the spring?

Red Dog
12-23-05, 09:38 AM
I felt pretty let down by the 2-hour finale, although it pretty much makes sense that those 2 were the Carver

DVD Josh
12-23-05, 01:11 PM
What happens in the spring?

I believe S4 of N/T is slated to begin in Spring 2007.

DVD Josh
12-23-05, 01:12 PM
I felt pretty let down by the 2-hour finale, although it pretty much makes sense that those 2 were the Carver

I do not think that Kit was the Carver. She simply helped him facilitate his attacks and keep him apprised of developments.

Red Dog
12-23-05, 01:13 PM
I believe S4 of N/T is slated to begin in Spring 2007.

Really? Shield is next up (last season right?) and Rescue Me starts June, so I would have guessed the next season of N/T starting in October or so.

Red Dog
12-23-05, 01:14 PM
I do not think that Kit was the Carver. She simply helped him facilitate his attacks and keep him apprised of developments.

Well yeah, that's what I meant.

Jadzia
12-23-05, 01:36 PM
I thought they still do not know if there will be a season 4 or not?

Red Dog
12-23-05, 01:43 PM
I thought they still do not know if there will be a season 4 or not?

There will be. Ryan Murphy signed a 2-year extension after S2.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=404763&highlight=ryan+murphy

OldBoy
12-23-05, 06:55 PM
i thought the finale was great. very suspenseful and dramatic. the whole Ariel and Dad thing was done well and I had no idea where they were going with that.

And of course, I knew it was Quentin. Didn't know it was Kit as well. But, if you really listened to the Carver, you can kinda hear Quentin's voice through the manipulator. you really can. the Carver and Quentin have the same speech patterns. if you taped or really paid attention to past episodes you can really hear it. i am very good with voices, picking up stars in tv commercials, etc. i really am serious.

just listen...

zero
12-24-05, 05:44 AM
"What a twist!"

Peep
12-27-05, 03:43 AM
What a letdown!

Seriously, this may pretty well be the nail in the coffin for me. This past season has been wildly uneven and the finale was even worse. I can't recall ever being so disappointed in the conclusion of such a long running arc as this. It's not even worth listing the ridiculous holes in the plot!

Thank God that "The Shield" is coming back so soon. Maybe it will remove some of the stink in the air. The promos have looked really good. Especially the one with the Reznor/Cash song in the background.

DVD Josh
12-27-05, 01:11 PM
What a letdown!

Seriously, this may pretty well be the nail in the coffin for me. This past season has been wildly uneven and the finale was even worse. I can't recall ever being so disappointed in the conclusion of such a long running arc as this. It's not even worth listing the ridiculous holes in the plot!

Thank God that "The Shield" is coming back so soon. Maybe it will remove some of the stink in the air. The promos have looked really good. Especially the one with the Reznor/Cash song in the background.

You were only letdown if you refused to see what was obvious coming.

dadaluholla
12-27-05, 01:44 PM
I thought the finale was great stuff, even though I would have liked them to go a more twisty route instead of what they did. Overall it was a fine season. Could have used some more Carver and less Anne Heche episodes in the middle there, but Season 3 will definitely be added to my dvd shelf along with the other two.
...and I still love the carver dammit (even though i never liked Quentin).

riley_dude
12-27-05, 02:29 PM
Horrible resolution. Makes me wonder whether I should even give Popular a try now.

Peep
12-27-05, 03:32 PM
You were only letdown if you refused to see what was obvious coming.

I'm not sure what you are saying was obvious. I had been telling people for a while who the Carver was and I predicted that they would throw in a twist to make you doubt he was guilty and then swing it around to him again. I think that the way that they did this was piss-poor. If you knew in advance that the cop was in on it, you made a better call than me.

kitkat
12-27-05, 03:33 PM
Horrible resolution. Makes me wonder whether I should even give Popular a try now.

Popular is a very different show and was very uneven. When it was good it was crazy hilarious; when it was bad it could be quite painful. I rewatched S1 earlier this year. It starts off like a forgettable teen show but it becomes absolutely brilliant for a good chunk of the season. Season 2 is dicier, but I highly recommend checking out season 1 - the good parts are worth sitting through the blah parts.

DVD Josh
12-27-05, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure what you are saying was obvious. I had been telling people for a while who the Carver was and I predicted that they would throw in a twist to make you doubt he was guilty and then swing it around to him again. I think that the way that they did this was piss-poor. If you knew in advance that the cop was in on it, you made a better call than me.

If you go back in the thread, you'll see that I did.

Clearly I won't change your mind, but you are calling giving Quentin NO PENIS, raping with a dildo, being motivated by his deformed sister who was in it all along a "cop out", then there's no point really.

The bottom line is that you feel this way because it was Quentin. The rest is poppycock.

DVD Josh
12-27-05, 10:43 PM
Popular is a very different show and was very uneven. When it was good it was crazy hilarious; when it was bad it could be quite painful. I rewatched S1 earlier this year. It starts off like a forgettable teen show but it becomes absolutely brilliant for a good chunk of the season. Season 2 is dicier, but I highly recommend checking out season 1 - the good parts are worth sitting through the blah parts.

Just a word of warning - S2 of Popular ends with a never to be resolved cliffhanger. Practically makes watching any of it pointless if you've never seen it before.

spainlinx0
12-27-05, 10:58 PM
i thought the finale was great. very suspenseful and dramatic. the whole Ariel and Dad thing was done well and I had no idea where they were going with that.

And of course, I knew it was Quentin. Didn't know it was Kit as well. But, if you really listened to the Carver, you can kinda hear Quentin's voice through the manipulator. you really can. the Carver and Quentin have the same speech patterns. if you taped or really paid attention to past episodes you can really hear it. i am very good with voices, picking up stars in tv commercials, etc. i really am serious.

just listen...

Did the actor actually do the voice? I remember them saying that even the crew didn't know who it was so unless they made each character do every one of his lines of dialogue then I doubt it was even him.

DVD Josh
12-28-05, 07:46 AM
Did the actor actually do the voice? I remember them saying that even the crew didn't know who it was so unless they made each character do every one of his lines of dialogue then I doubt it was even him.

Yes he did, but he wasn't the only one. Several actors did the voice, among them Quetin, Matt and Jude. But Bruno Campos did the majority of the work.

Who does the voice didn't really mean anything at the time, as it was disguised anyway.

kitkat
12-28-05, 11:11 AM
Just a word of warning - S2 of Popular ends with a never to be resolved cliffhanger. Practically makes watching any of it pointless if you've never seen it before.

I strongly disagree about it being pointless, especially in regards to S1. Popular isn't serialized the way much of Nip/Tuck is, and by the time you hit S2 the show's become so uneven and it's continuity so abused that the cliffhanger ending, frustrating as it is, hardly matters. I say, enjoy the good parts for what they are - some of the funniest stuff ever seen on television - and be aware that you'll have to put up with some crap. For a while, at least, the ride's definitely worth it.

riley_dude
12-28-05, 12:28 PM
So Ryan Murphy has a history of unresolved plots huh? Look at Matt's hit and run plotline.

kitkat
12-28-05, 12:32 PM
So Ryan Murphy has a history of unresolved plots huh? Look at Matt's hit and run plotline.

Yup.

Still fun shows, though.

DVD Josh
12-28-05, 05:50 PM

People keep saying this. They are wrong. It *was* resolved. Matt denied involvement, Henry went away for 20 years. You have to look at the whole picture. Matt was descending into losing his soul. Sean gave him the chance to redeem himself, and Matt chose to keep sliding down the path. That's why he's been such a royal dick and bad shit keeps happening to him. In many ways, you can say that in this manner, the storyline is actually continuing.

riley_dude
12-28-05, 06:20 PM
It it was suppose to be resolved according to Ryan Murphy.
It was suppose to come back to haunt him.

Jimmy James
12-28-05, 10:20 PM
If you ask me, the Bobolit plotline is the better example of a Nip/Tuck unresolved plotline. He falls to the floor with scalpel in hand, Christian is safe, but we never learn what happened to his sick tormentor. That doesn't sit well with me when it takes nothing more than a throwaway line to fix it.

Jadzia
12-28-05, 10:52 PM
So Ryan Murphy has a history of unresolved plots huh? I'm still waiting for them to bring back that Russian mobster from the woods.

Oh wait, wrong show. ;)

DVD Josh
12-28-05, 11:40 PM
It it was suppose to be resolved according to Ryan Murphy.
It was suppose to come back to haunt him.

And you don't think that it did? He ended up in a basement with a transvestite and a Nazi trying to cut his dick off.

movieking
12-29-05, 06:53 AM
Murphy did say in an interview that it would be revealed that Matt was the one responsible for the hit and run. I think that I read that Ariel was going to tell on him after they broke up and she saw him with the tranny.

DVD Josh
12-29-05, 08:07 AM
Murphy did say in an interview that it would be revealed that Matt was the one responsible for the hit and run. I think that I read that Ariel was going to tell on him after they broke up and she saw him with the tranny.

This information was also what I based my mock script on. It might have been filmed for all we know. Or still could be.

Someone in this thread asked when Matt would be held accountable for his numerous crimes. Perhaps that will be a major story arc next year.

BDLOU
12-29-05, 08:55 AM
This information was also what I based my mock script on. It might have been filmed for all we know. Or still could be.

Someone in this thread asked when Matt would be held accountable for his numerous crimes. Perhaps that will be a major story arc next year.

I don't understand why Matt wouldn't report the most recent deal. I guess we don't know for sure if he did or not but why wouldn't he. They probably shouldn't have shot the guy but they could easily explain it. It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't but it also makes no sense to me why I keep watching this show. So many plot holes yet I can't quit watching.

kitkat
12-29-05, 11:08 AM
And Julia killed a woman a few episodes ago! Plus, she thought she was killing her mother. But poof! the show goes on as if it never happened. -ohbfrank-

It's still a fun show, but these dropped threads do get annoying. Hopefully they'll pick some of them up next season.

riley_dude
12-29-05, 12:05 PM
And you don't think that it did? He ended up in a basement with a transvestite and a Nazi trying to cut his dick off.
Tell that to his friend who has been in prison for 2 years.

Jimmy James
12-29-05, 03:32 PM
I don't understand why Matt wouldn't report the most recent deal. I guess we don't know for sure if he did or not but why wouldn't he. They probably shouldn't have shot the guy but they could easily explain it. It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't but it also makes no sense to me why I keep watching this show. So many plot holes yet I can't quit watching.

We believe that they shot an unarmed man who knows about Matt's hate crime. Beyond that, Matt is wrapped up in the death of Ava's son (in that he could be a suspect) and is responsible for hitting and seriously harming another girl. To top it all off, he's there with a tranny -- I doubt that people react differently to them in Miami than they do in the rest of the world. I can see why Matt might not go to the police.

riley_dude
12-29-05, 06:17 PM
In the new issue of TV guide there is an article and interview with Bruno Compos which states he knew the entire season he was the Carver so apparently them saying no one knew until a week before who the Carver was was a smoke screen.

DVD Josh
12-29-05, 06:29 PM
Tell that to his friend who has been in prison for 2 years.

He brutally beat and raped Cara Fitzgerald all by himself.

Jimmy James
12-29-05, 07:19 PM
In the new issue of TV guide there is an article and interview with Bruno Compos which states he knew the entire season he was the Carver so apparently them saying no one knew until a week before who the Carver was was a smoke screen.

I have to say that this makes sense and yet is pretty impressive because they laid that smoke screen down fairly well.

ChristopherS
12-29-05, 08:28 PM

It's funny, virtually anyone I show Popular to goes and buys the DVD sets. Though, I usually only show it to anyone who's taste I feel is along those lines. If John Waters directed 90210 is how I usually describe it. Also very Heathers or Jawbreaker. For a 'dramady', definetly funnier than most sit-coms. Spotty dramatic writing, hanging plotlines, vanishing characters, etc, are annoying but really make no difference on the show because you watch it for the humor, campness, and brilliance of a few of the actresses on the show. Nip/Tuck is now rediculous without the humor (though sometimes I laugh and I'm not sure if it's intentional- like virtually everything Kit says- am I laughing at or with? I have no idea).

BDLOU
12-29-05, 09:21 PM
We believe that they shot an unarmed man who knows about Matt's hate crime. Beyond that, Matt is wrapped up in the death of Ava's son (in that he could be a suspect) and is responsible for hitting and seriously harming another girl. To top it all off, he's there with a tranny -- I doubt that people react differently to them in Miami than they do in the rest of the world. I can see why Matt might not go to the police.

You make some good points but look at what happens if he doesn't go to the police. He will be the prime suspect in atleast the disappearance of Ariel's dad. He would be investigated up and down and any sane person would believe they would be arrested unless they sucessfully hid the body, left no evidence that connects him to the crime, and Cherry and Ariel keep quiet. Why not get out in front of the arrest with your own truthful story. I also don't believe he is too worried about being seen with a tranny. He doesn't care what people think at this point.

riley_dude
01-03-06, 03:20 PM
From TV guide...

Question: I'm sure you're inundated with comments as to the revelation of the Carver's identity on the season finale of Nip/Tuck. Is the response generally negative? 'Cause I am totally let down, and utterly disappointed in the creative team. A story line that had been carefully constructed and nurtured over the course of 1.5 seasons devolved into bad camp in a single episode. I hate naysaying, but this denouement felt tacked-on, forced and full of holes. All of Kit and Quentin's exposition: sloppy. This is the only show on television that continually surprises me (Lost and Veronica Mars included) see the brilliant plane-crash episode. To have ended the season on this note... I feel that they've lowered the bar for themselves. Chris

Matt Roush: And on that note: Happy New Year, everyone! Catching up on mail from over the holiday, I'll give Nip/Tuck credit for giving us one last big, juicy gripe to dish over from 2005 before we start tackling the avalanche of new programming coming our way almost immediately in January. Lots and lots of mail on the Nip/Tuck finale, and it was uniformly negative. For my own disgruntled perspective, check out my longer Dispatch, but Chris' letter pretty much echoes my thoughts. Most of the mail focused on the letdown of Quentin being revealed as the Carver, since he was the most obvious choice. As Joseph wrote: "Could it be that the show has left our jaws on the floor so often that when it fails to do so, we are let down? Or can Nip/Tuck simply not push the envelope any further?" Well, I'd argue that the plot twist ending the finale's first hour, revealing Quentin's lack of a sex organ, was pretty envelope-pushing. I actually didn't even mind Quentin being the Carver, improbabilities and inconsistencies aside, especially when it was clear it was a tag team with his sister Kit (a somewhat unexpected twist, with lots of grisly Gothic backstory). What bothered me most about the Nip/Tuck finale was the way it was presented, like out of some Z-grade horror-movie serial, with the heroes all tied up and tortured, including Matt in the truly useless Aryan-bigot-kidnaps-trannie subplot. As Mike noted in another e-mail: "The actual finale was like an episode of Melrose Place." And he did not mean that as a compliment.

Jimmy James
01-03-06, 05:17 PM
What did people expect?

The way this was resolved was *VERY MUCH* in keeping with the series as a whole. This is just more proof in my book that The Sixth Sense ruined the suspense/mystery genre for this generation. Everybody is always looking for the twist, and far too many people are bitter when it doesn't come.

riley_dude
01-03-06, 08:21 PM
The only thing this prooves, as the article said, is that the writing was uninspiring and the end felt tacked on.