is it true that the Canadian-DVD are better than the US?
Is it true that the pilot is on the Season 3 DVD (in the Bonus)?
Is it true that the 4th Season ist the same as the 3rd?
Whats with the 2 parter (Call of the wind), are these not on the Season-DVDs?
12-19-05, 12:07 PM
1. I don't think there's a substantial difference in quality between the Canadian and US releases.
2. The pilot is included in the Canadian release of s3. The US release has the pilot on s1 where it belongs.
4. Call of the Wild is the end of the series. I doubt it's excluded from the dvds.
12-19-05, 02:05 PM
1. From what I've heard the Canadian version is okay (but not great) but the US version absolutely unwatchable (they put 6 episodes on each DVD on the US one).
2. What he said.
3. The third season was split into two parts with 13 episodes each in the US and Canada - everywhere else the third season had 26 episodes.
4. The finale is on the Canadian version - it's probably on the US version too.
I'm from Germany too and I'm still waiting for the UK release - if it is ever released in the UK it'll most likely be the best version.
12-19-05, 11:54 PM
The US version is definitely not unwatchable, but then again the TV being used may make a difference(mine is old, so maybe that's why I don't notice it so much).
12-20-05, 07:40 AM
If just heard, the season 1 is comming to uk.
Amazon uk - 51.99 pounds
Play - 49.99 pounds
Quality - unknown
12-20-05, 08:10 AM
I am watching Due South right now. I have US version. It is very watchable. There are a few slight glitches (less than 5 per set). It is at least VHS quality. I have a 27" Magnavox regularr TV. It may look worse on a big scree Hi-Def TV.
The show itself is great. I will be picking up the last set at Best Buy this week.