Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Boy Meets World Season 4 cancled?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy Meets World Season 4 cancled?

I just got a notice from Amazon that my pre-order for Boy Meets World Season 4 was cancled because they weren't going to get the item. Then I looked all over Amazon and couldn't find it. Did anyone pre-order from anywhere else, and if so, have you heard anything?
Old 12-17-05, 03:44 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Originally Posted by Gord Lacey
Last week Disney told us personally in an e-mail conversation about a possible delay for the fourth season of Boy Meets World, and now we've had word of that delay confirmed via an article in a trade publication. No new date has been given.

Apparently retailers don't know of the delay yet; Amazon is still showing a release date of January 10, 2006.
Link: Boy Meets World - Season 4 not coming in Jan
Old 12-17-05, 10:57 AM

they better not stop releasing them, the best seasons were the last 3!
Old 12-17-05, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Please be sarcasm, please be sarcasm, please be sarcasm.

S1 is lacking, but the best shows are between the second and fourth season. I can barely watch anything from the fifth season on. The addition of the new characters, them in college, and Eric becoming a complete idiot ruined what was at the time, one of my favorite shows.
Old 12-17-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Mr. Turner phase was my favorite!!
Old 12-17-05, 01:10 PM

Disney pulled all their Jan 10 TV titles, so I doubt it's negative for any of the shows. Sounds like there was a bigger issue or plan.

Gord
Old 12-17-05, 01:17 PM
Cool New Member

I also hope they keep releasing these seasons. We are slowly getting into the era where the show's humor evolves into laughable material and not just scripts that would have a hard time passing for even a Disney Channel orginal show today. As the series grew from being centered on Cory to centering on the entire gang, I loved the way they changed Eric's character. Eric was a very stale, cookie-cutter, older brother character in the early seasons. I am glad they gave him more depth and let his zany antics run wild. The episode where Mr. F gets crazy pissed at Eric for using the money to buy a monkey is a classic. A CLASSIC. I eagerly await the commentary on that episode. And let us all hope that they increase the number of commentaries for the golden seasons of the show that are awaiting their day to shine in the dvd sun.
Old 12-17-05, 02:30 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I agree with Waffle. The early seasons were just so dull and boring. Once they hit College the show became more 'adult' like and left all that kiddy crap out. I still cringe when I watch early episodes of this show.

P.S. Rachel is HOT