DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

any Tori Amos fans around?? dvd of videos coming Feb 14, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any Tori Amos fans around?? dvd of videos coming Feb 14, 2006

and it's about damn time!
it seems like ages since I sold the vhs video collection.

http://everythingtori.com/go/dvd/

The Video Collection: Fade To Red is a look at the unique and compelling videos (1991-2005) that illustrate Tori Amos’ musical vision. It features such memorable clips as "Silent All These Years," "Cruficy," "Cornflake Girl," and "A Sorta Fairytale," along with videos from her most recent CD release, The Beekeeper. Tori is arguably one of the few artists that truly captures the essence of her music in video through striking images and cinematography which makes this a must-have for any devotee or casual fan. Also included is a comprehensive audio commentary by Tori herself.

Disc 1:
• Past the Mission
• Crucify
• Jackie’s Strength
• a sorta fairytale
• Winter
• Spark
• Sleeps with Butterflies
• Cornflake Girl (US)
• Hey Jupiter
• Silent All These Years

Disc 2:
• Caught a Lite Sneeze
• 1000 Oceans
• God
• Bliss
• China
• Raspberry Swirl
• Talula
• Sweet the Sting
• Pretty Good Year

Plus Bonus tracks:
• Professional Widow (Remixed)
• Cornflake Girl (UK Version)
Old 12-15-05, 11:55 PM
Banned

already posted in the music section.
Old 12-16-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

oh well. I don't read the music forum, and this is about a dvd, so it belongs here anyway.
Old 12-16-05, 12:05 AM

I love, LOVE, LOOOOVE Tori, BUT this video collection isn't complete and that's annoying. I have been waiting for a release of her videos on dvd, and well, damn! And after the lackluster WELCOME TO SUNNY FLORIDA dvd, it was badly shot, edited, and why edit PROFESSIONAL WIDOW'S audio like that? (for those who don't know, they removed the vocal, and badly, when she says the f word) it looks like Tori on dvd isn't that great. But it's better than nothing, so I'll stop bitching.
Old 12-16-05, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When I had my limousine service in the early 90's I drove her around when she performed at the Kodak theater here in Rochester. She was friendy and nice but had a very deep or intense personality. You could tell she was always deep in thought.
Old 12-16-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While definately not a complete videography, I guess it'll have to do. I'll definately be picking this one up.
Old 12-16-05, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am a Tori Amos fan sort of (own lots of stuff by her), I own the complete videos VHS tape, and I am glad that it will stay unique and collectible. It was a good idea to make a new video compilation and I am just so glad that the videos will finally be released on the dvd format. It's about time!

However, I love the artwork for that VHS video collection, it's just so gorgeous to look at.

Is Sony releasing this or will Atlantic be?
Old 12-16-05, 10:54 AM
Banned

Rhino is releasing it.

And as posted in the music section, Strange Little Girls and Glory of the 80's are missing.

Fortunately, I have SLG off of a promo vhs. 80's hasn't been released anywhere.
Old 12-16-05, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Rhino is releasing it.

And as posted in the music section, Strange Little Girls and Glory of the 80's are missing.

Fortunately, I have SLG off of a promo vhs. 80's hasn't been released anywhere.
I also own a promo VHS copy of "Strange Little Girls" I got off of eBay. Small world, heh.

What a crying shame "Glory Of The 80's" will not be included on this video set. I don't care though, just happy to have these Tori videos coming to dvd soon. Her videos are downright incredible.
Old 12-16-05, 11:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
I also own a promo VHS copy of "Strange Little Girls" I got off of eBay. Small world, heh.

What a crying shame "Glory Of The 80's" will not be included on this video set. I don't care though, just happy to have these Tori videos coming to dvd soon. Her videos are downright incredible.
I actually sold mine on Ebay after I transferred it to DVD. Wonder if you got mine??
Old 12-16-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually sold mine on Ebay after I transferred it to DVD. Wonder if you got mine??
Probably not, but what is your eBay id? if you don't mind, could check my old feedback. That would be wild.
Old 12-16-05, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dvd_luver
Probably not, but what is your eBay id? if you don't mind, could check my old feedback. That would be wild.
i think i had two masters of it.

One was a part of a video collection of that particular directors work (all his music videos and commercials) and I cant remember what the other was.
Old 12-16-05, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i think i had two masters of it.

One was a part of a video collection of that particular directors work (all his music videos and commercials) and I cant remember what the other was.
Cool. The one I still own is a promo only of the actual video itself, stickered with the Atlantic label logo. It is a shame that "SLG" will not be on this upcoming video collection, as it is a very good video.
Old 12-16-05, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have been elated if the vhs video collection was just released as a dvd version, but the fact that this dvd set will have more videos than that one did is plenty enough reason for me to be happy......I can live with the fact that 2 videos are missing. unfortunate, but I'm still pleased.
Old 12-16-05, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Stoked for this one... Not sure why it is incomplete. I was a big fan of the virst VHS compilation and I think it should have just been upated and released with ALL new videos...
Old 12-16-05, 11:45 PM
Suspended

Yeah it really is about time! I'm a fan and this dvd set was expected a gazillion years ago but when Tori was having problems with her record company and then switched labels that pretty much killed that. Glad to see it's finally coming out.
Old 12-17-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SilverDreams
I love, LOVE, LOOOOVE Tori, BUT this video collection isn't complete and that's annoying. I have been waiting for a release of her videos on dvd, and well, damn! And after the lackluster WELCOME TO SUNNY FLORIDA dvd, it was badly shot, edited, and why edit PROFESSIONAL WIDOW'S audio like that? (for those who don't know, they removed the vocal, and badly, when she says the f word) it looks like Tori on dvd isn't that great. But it's better than nothing, so I'll stop bitching.
I guess I should bitch now too, cause I was going to buy that DVD, but not if they chop the song up! This is a DVD! People buy it. It's not radio. Why would they censor it???
Old 12-17-05, 03:47 PM
Banned

There is a thread detailing that edit.

Not to mention it's not the complete concert.
Old 02-18-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got this days ago, the whole set is amazing, but I can't help but wonder why video's Glory Of The 80's, Strange Little Girl and Concertina are absent. Time to bitch. And on both discs the special features are identical. There are also some picture isssues on some of the videos, Spark looks off with it's aspect ratio. Cornflake Girl should be 4:3, but has small black bars on bottom and top of the screen.

Shame. If those video had been included I would rate this as a definitive video collection of Tori Amos. Instead, something better could be done in the future.
Old 02-18-06, 01:32 PM

Tori never filmed a video for Concertina. The CD single was released, but not a video. Apparently, the videos for Strange Little Girl and Glory of the 80's were not included because of "rights issues."
Old 02-18-06, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bjackson
Tori never filmed a video for Concertina. The CD single was released, but not a video. Apparently, the videos for Strange Little Girl and Glory of the 80's were not included because of "rights issues."
Link?

Mary wasn't included either.
Old 02-18-06, 01:48 PM

I emailed Rhino when the track listing was released. The reply went something like, "while we would love to be able to include all of the videos, we couldn't obtain clearance for Glory of the 80's and Strange Little Girl." No other reason was given.

I'm really not upset about the omission of the "Mary" video. It's just a compilation of clips from past videos. Nothing new.
Old 02-18-06, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bjackson

I'm really not upset about the omission of the "Mary" video. It's just a compilation of clips from past videos. Nothing new.
Yes, but if you're going to be complete about it, they should include it. PW is a compilation video as well and they included that.
Old 02-18-06, 02:06 PM

True, although unlike the VHS release, the DVD does not claim to be the "complete videos." It's just a "video collection."
Old 02-18-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My mistake about Concertina. I finally looked on back of the cd-single, and there is a video but not one for the song itself. I was under the impression a video was made for it.

As for the clearence issue, that makes sense. They probably didn't want to wait any longer so they just made this compilation up quickly.

But, Fade To Red just doesn't seem right without them. They are 2 of my favorite Tori videos, so having them not on there, leaves me wanting more.

Also, anybody notice that the special features on both DVD's are identical to eachother. Anybody feel bothered by this, I think it's a little silly.

Overall, a high quality video collection, and those pictures discs are just gorgeous, but it could have been better.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.