Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

THE ISLAND Wal-Mart Exclusive Bonus DVD?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 12-12-05, 08:21 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any word on what is on it? Considering the DVD of the film proper is so lamentably bare-bones, I'm liable to buy this bonus DVD no matter what is on it, but it would be nice to know details in advance, just the same...
Old 12-12-05, 03:36 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Five billion registered members here and NO ONE works for Wal-Mart???
Old 12-12-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it was the same thing on every other forum I have seen....its pretty hush hush it seems. I am sure someone will grab it at midnight tonite
Old 12-12-05, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump for Filmmaker and my own interest. DVDFanboy lists it, but Walmart.com doesn't mention it at all, whereas they've carried previous bonus DVD's for sale.

Last edited by bdw418; 12-12-05 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-13-05, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
didn't know about this. I may have to get it at Wal-Mart, because it is indeed bare bones.
Old 12-13-05, 08:17 AM
Banned

Alright, I'll answer my own question--I bought it this morning and (slight bummer) it appears to be exactly like the bonus DVD for WAR OF THE WORLDS. It contains:

THE ISLAND "Behind the Scenes" HBO Special

"Before It All Starts" Previsualization: From storyboards to animatics, get an exclusive peek at what everyone on the set sees before any film ever rolls.

I don't have the running times on either featurette, since I had to go straight to work after buying it but, if it holds with the WotW bonus disc, it'll be approx. 15 minutes on the HBO featurette and approx. 8 minutes on the Pre-Visualization piece.

NOTE TO BUYERS IN THE TULSA, OK AREA! The Wal-Mart in Broken Arrow at 71st and Aspen (129th) is ringing up this 2-DVD set for the single DVD price, even though it's marked $3 higher on the display stand. With the $3 coupon that came out in People magazine a couple of weeks back, this 2-disc set can be had for only $13.87!!! Better move fast before they realize their error...
Old 12-13-05, 09:47 PM

Got this. Approx. 21 minutes of content:

HBO First Look: 13min
Pre-Vis: 8min + change
Old 12-14-05, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice! I didn't know Walmart had a bonus for this one. Thanks Filmmaker for the heads up.
Old 12-14-05, 08:25 AM
Banned

Old 12-14-05, 08:40 AM

I also got it at Walmart but haven't looked at the bonus disc yet. I usually don't bite but the walmart I went to while a little higher on the single price was giving away the one with the bonus disc for the same price.

My usually walmart stop charges about $5.00 extra.

Guess I found a new walmart to hit
Old 12-14-05, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for the post, cause now I know its not worth the extra $8 at my walmart...